1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show version number in Windows

The version number is always visible in the top of the application window on MacOS since CC 2018. However it is not present in the Windows version of InDesign or InCopy.

This is a great tool when you are troubleshooting and I would love to see it in the Windows versions as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wait until I've pressed OK in Step and Repeat before popping up the "Out of Bounds" warning

When using step and repeat, the first thing you enter is the Count. But the distance values are from the last transformation, so sometimes the value there and the Count you enter trigger the "out of bounds" warning when you press tab to exit the "Count" field and move on to the distances. Yes yes, I know, but I haven't had a chance to fill out the new distance yet.

So I then have to tab over to the distances, adjust those, and shift+tab back to the count. Why must I get a popup stopping me when I haven't actually…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save Page(s) as File(s)

I prepare files for a team of 5 designers at my local university. In order for the designers to work on the project they need each page as a separate .indd file. As it would make my life easier and sounds like I don't want to do my job it would increase my workflow immensely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add double align tool

Often I find myself needing to align an object to both vertical AND horizontal centers of an object (for example, an icon in a box, or a number in a circle). It would be great to have one button that will align both vertically AND horizontally at once. This would allow me to set a shortcut and knock out work more quickly!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Vertical Justification & Align to Grid clash each other

when i turned on align grid, it should honor the setting i want, but when i apply text frame option-> vertical justification->justified, everything just messed up.

first, after setting text frame to justify, and you turn on align to grid, (mostly this happened when there's not enough text to fill the frame so the leading has to be stretched) it does change the space between lines, (Eg if your justified lines are fairly wide, turn on align to grid will make it narrower) but its not actually align to the grids (no matter if your leading is smaller/greater than the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More options when creating Forms via InDesign

InDesign has a few features that make it possible to export an interactive PDF-Formular directly from InDesign.

This CAN save a lot of time when customers require changes on these Files but sadly InDesign is missing out a lot of features that Adobe Acrobat has - even though it'd be a lot easyier to set everything up in InDesign.

So in my opinion the Formular menue needs some improvement and get more functionality (In Acrobat you can define a font VS via InDesign you can't) since more and more customers request Interactive PDF-Forms etc.

It would be valuable to us…

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it possible to view names associated with user colors

InCopy allows users to pick user colors, which are displayed with tracked changes and with notes. But, far as I can tell, there's nowhere I can go to see which user is using each color, unless they leave a note. The editor spends valuable time playing detective about who's making which changes. Could you implement an "alt text" triggered by hovering over tracked changes, similar to how the username pops up when I hover over a note?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Track Changes visible in Layout view for InCopy

Add the ability to see track changes in Layout view for InCopy. It is incredibly annoying for editors to have to switch views constantly to review eidts and then see the layout.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Data Merge - allow "export to PDF" to have all features of regular PDF

When using the data merge function of InDesign, it is currently not possible to export to a PDF with the same functionality as exporting a PDF from a regular document - several checkboxes such as "Create Tagged PDF" and include hyperlinks are greyed out. I've written a much more detailed article about it here: https://colecandoo.com/2016/12/17/data-merge-pdf-export-vs-regular-pdf-export/

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to add footnotes in table text!!!

Please allow users to add footnotes in table text, I can't believe that this is not poosible. I am formatting a lengthy document for a client and some of the footnotes need to be in table text and they cannot be added without disrupting the flow of footnotes. This is such a basic thing that you should be able to do! Please add it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't activate name field of a highlighted style on first click

Expected: I highlight several styles, click and drag them to the new position.
    Actual: I highlight several styles, click, but the click activates the name field of the style I have clicked on, meaning I can't drag them. I need to click again outside the name field to deselect the field, then drag them.

This could be fixed by changing the behaviour slightly: activate the name field if you click on the text, but don't activate it if you click the blank space to the right of the name (allowing you to drag the order around on the first click).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow footnotes start not on the same page as their marker

Indesign is strictly forcing the rule that a footnote should start on the same page where its footnote reference is located. While this is usualy helpful, sometimes it creates problems like large white areas or even complete inability to layout the text.
    See for example the images below. Image 1 shows how indesign can't put any text and leaves white pages - actually the layout stops here and no text is viewable on next pages.
    Image 2 shows the reason: there are 2 footnote markers on the same row, both with long texts on the footnotes. so when the text…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ID - Lock option - color fields / color groups

Hey there,

i wish i could lock color fields / color groups to prevent any resulting sources of error.

For example a fixed logo color which shouldn't be different.

Kind regards and big thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ID - Text warp like Ai

Hey there,

i wish i could warp my InDesign text like Ai (screenshot).

At the moment i have to warp text in Illustrator and link this .eps into InDesign...

Kind regards and big thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PDF format that edible in Indesign

PDF format that edible in Indesign, like photoshop and illustrator, so i can preview my work and edit in the same file

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create linked text boxes and assign different colors for text in each text box.

Hello,
    I would like to be able to create linked text boxes and assign different colors for text in each text box. The linked text boxes can have different background colors. You can create it manually by selecting text and changing its color, but what if an editor removes or adds a paragraph? If in box A background was white and text was black, and in box B background was black and text white, then if a paragraph in box A was removed, text from box B (white) will move to box A and will become invisible in box A…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save dialog filename box width

For the love of mercy, PLEASE make the Save/Save As title dialog box widen with the window! I almost never have enough room to see the full filename, which means it takes additional clicks/keypresses to see the end.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Resetting Workspace

With the new update, whenever I open a new document, my workspace doesn't retain the previous layout. I have to reset my workspace every time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. InDesign CC (2019) Formfield Properties

while using formfields it is now available to choose the "font-type"

it would be great if we could also choose the "alignment".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base