1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show Masterpages overrides.

There's no way you can tell that someone did alter or remove MasterPage-items on a document page. You should add a little + sign next to the page icon in the Pages panel. Just like altered Paragraph Styles.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annoying new InDesign CC behavior 5/2018....

When replacing text by highlighting the text and then typing new text, InDesign misses the first letter of new typing, every time. I'm sure it was not always this way. It is annoying, to say the least, and could easily lead to typographical errors from words missing their initial letters, if it does not get caught. No other software that I use works this way. Please look into this bug!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Break hyphenated words at hyphens

Please make it so that hyphenated words always break at the hyphen when they break between lines.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better numbering of Exported pages

Once in a while, we need to animate pages of a brochure, or make end credits with more typographic features than After Effects allows.

When exporting pages from InDesign (e.g. as .jpg), those are numbered:
    Name.jpg
    Name2.jpg
    Name9.jpg
    Name10.jpg
    etc.

This results in a list of files that, when sorted/imported in alphabetical order, are not in the right order.

It would be nice, when the names are like this:
    Name00.jpg
    Name01.jpg
    Name09.jpg
    Name10.jpg

Even better would be when InDesign allows us to make a template for the output name, so we can decide ourselves how the sequential files…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Proportional Scaling should be default.

Images (vectors or photos) are rarely distorted (effectively). Images should scale via corners, and should require button action for frame cropping or distortion.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change case Find/Replace dialog

It would fantastic to force Lower case/Upper case/Title case/Sentence case by Text or GREP pattern in Find/Change dialog.
    Also would be very useful including this into GREP style.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Graphic Bullets

The ability to use a graphic as a bullet. Kind of like Powerpoint for Indesign.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easier way to restart endnote numbering

Thanks for the new endnotes feature. Arrived just in time, as i had to do a book with two extensive sets of notes and was dreading the thought of having to do one set manually.

But having to break the chapters into stories in order to restart numbering on the notes was rather a nuisance. I don't like having to break a book text into stories (creates too many opportunities for things to go wrong). How about creating a function that allows a number restart after a paragraph style? I would think that most users would want to restart each…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MacBook Pro Touchbar

To format text and paragraphs in InDesign I use shortcuts all the time. In really increases my work speed. Unfortunately these only work with a number pad. The MacBook Pro doesn't have a number pad. Could you extend this funktion to either other keys, the touchbar or fn-key combinations?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recent Fonts List Modification to maintain the last selected position

Currently, if you have Number of Recent Fonts to Display set to anything but zero (0), recent fonts appear at the font drop down list, but the drop down starts at the top of the fonts list no matter what your current font is.

If I am just wanting the next or previous font in the list from the font I am currently using, I now have to scroll all the way down to that font. When the Number of Recent Fonts to Display is set to zero (0), when the drop down is selected, it is positioned at the…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Complex spread layout and spread containing 10+ pages

We do a lot of large format printing. In some cases we have large displays arranged in rows and columns. Unfortunately it's not possible to arrange pages of a spread in rows and columns like in Illustrator.

I could create a large page and freely arrange smaller pages inside the large page, but that's very limited, because all pages need to be part of the same spread—and spreads itself are limited to 10 pages.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Placed Vector image line weight override

I work primarily with line art vector files created for instruction sheets. We create the views using a 3D modeling program, save them as PDFs, and then edit them in Illustrator. The images are then placed in InDesign and scaled to fit the page along with the other content. The problem is that the scaled line art stroke weight will scale larger or smaller as it is changed.

I'm requesting a simple option or override the line weights of the vector files to match... a style? Or even allow them to be edited via the stroke panel? Right-click on the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. GREP code table

Make a GREP code for table in Find/Change box dialogue

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi All,

Can you explain how this would be used, is the end goal to find a some stuff restricting the search to Tables, or is it something else. It would really help if you can share how you plan to use this new GREP code for tables.

Thanks
    Javed

14. GREP Customizing Live preflight Profile

Live Preflight is great tool of identifying and helping to prevent potential production problems, but it would be really handy if there was a possibility to create a custom GREP live preflight profile (like find/change Grep); es: check Title Case (all words are capitalized).

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Export Joboptions with and next to PDF / Apply Joboptions from any Location during PDF Export

Don’t know if this has been suggested before:

1) I would like to have the specific export settings (a.k.a. joboptions) exported to the same location as the PDF, e.g. per checkbox “Export joboptions”.

2) If we could apply joboptions from anywhere on the fly (like via a “Load temporary joboptions” at the bottom of the PDF Export presets list, anyone who gets hold of my file could repeat my export in exactly the same way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. QR Code with non-English letters

Generated QR codes in Business Card Section with non-English letters does not resolve correctly with Contacts App in iOS

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outline all fonts in a merged document.

We are a print company and regularly deal with personalised text within data merge. Sometime we have to use 'create merged document' to alter specific text and often we come across the issue where fonts cannot be embedded when exporting, I know there is a long winded fix for this but it would be great if there was a feature to simply click a button to ouitline all fonts in a merged document instead of having to go through each page, or adding a small transparency and flattening etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Searched styles in Quick Apply or Most used styles

Got a lot of styles. Paragraph, Character, etc. styles. The Quick Apply helps to quickly find the the ones i need. So it would be nice that the last (maybe 5) styles that i searched will be on top of that Quick Apply window.

Or create a new window, and put the most used styles in there.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add "Preview" button when creating a new color swatch

When you have and object selected and a fill or stroke color is applied to it...and you want to create a new swatch using a different color...a "Preview" box in the New Swatch dialog box would be helpful so you can see how it would look before accepting it. Currently, ID will apply your new swatch to your selected object(s) after it's created, so allowing adjustments at the same time could cut down on an extra step should you need to tweak the color.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove the maximum cell height in tables

I often use tables in more technical posters as a frame for graphics with caption.
    I experienced that a cell height of about 220 mm is the maximum for tables.
    If you have larger graphics this is not enough.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base