2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4916 results found

1. Preserve zoom when selecting a PDF comment

Selecting an imported PDF comment causes the document to zoom to fit, which in cases may result in the font size being hard to read. One can zoom in then, but when clicking on the next comment it will zoom out again. Frustrating and onerous. If the designer could control the zoom and it remained where she left it that would make using this great feature easier.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. non-breaking en and em spaces that can be used when using language codes before text.

Please add non-breaking en and em spaces that can be used when using language codes before text, e.g. en (English text) / fr (French text)...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show colour settings for new documents

Hi there.
    Please add a drop down menu to choose colour intent when making new documents. By default, print presets are CMYK in colour profile and transparency blend space. Web is RGB for both.
    I use Print presets all the time for new documents. But I want those page sizes in RGB colour mode and blend space.
    It would be informative to the user to have the colour settings of any document or template shown and user selectable when they are setting up a new document.
    See attached pic
    CHeers,
    Jeremy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow multiple indesign files to be published as ONE published online magazine

I have magazine of 80+ pages which i have completely designed with multiple files as you would do in any magazine design and i thought in the end i would just combine all the files into one BOOK format and publish online. But to my misery that option doesn't work with online publishing. Imagine tomorrow the magazine needs to give live for an event and now i have to create a new single file and copy paste all the pages into the new file and keep checking if all the interactive features are working fine. Thanks Folks at Indesign for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hyperlinks checked by default option

The problem: I have a document. I go to Files --> Export as PDF --> In this window I can check the box saying "Hyperlinks". It's always unchecked. I want it to ALWAYS be checked by default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding the ability to edit PDF text and images within Indesign

Adding the ability to edit imported PDF text and images within Indesign

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Split Story

When working on long documents, it's often unwieldy working with a single long text block, and splitting stories involves cutting and pasting, which takes time and creates possibilities for error. Instead, we should be able to split a text thread with a single click and KEEP the text where it was (instead of having the text as excess in the first text block, with blank text boxes thereafter). A StorySplitter script was created that does this, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Such a basic feature should be included in InDesign.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customise Home / Welcome Screen in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.. possibly all Adobe programs.

I work across a variety of Adobe programs and have MANY custom templates I use on a daily basis.

It would be great to have the ability to customise the indesign / photoshop / illustrator welcome screen to have shortcuts to my custom templates I use on a daily basis. This could be placed next to "Recent" with "Your Custom Templates" .. something like this.

See this thread for details:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/can-you-customize-the-home-screen/m-p/10930430?page=1#M166546

I can't imagine this being too difficult to implement. Please look into this!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use the Articles tab to designate the reading order in a PDF

When creating an accessible PDF, InDesign should use the Articles Tab rather than the Layers Panel to structure the Reading Order. It reads properly but once you check the accessibility, the "Reading Order" panel shows a MESS. It's based on the Layers Panel which is madness to try and re-structure when creating a large form with hundreds of form fields. The Articles Panel is needed to set the tab order anyway. This would make the most sense to me.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. set variable horizontal alignement in tables

Hi,

there's a feature that surprisingly doesn't exist in indesign.

1. It is impossible to set the horizontal alignement of the first column of table like in word.. The problem is that I have to set it only in paragraph style (right align of text) and force the paragraphs in the first column to be left aligned AND each time I change the paragraph style (what can happens a lot with some clients), the paragraph in the first column is set back to right align.

2. We should be able to set the alignement of the first column directly in table style…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable easy switching between Roman, right to left & Japense feature sets

InDesign can be set to either Roman, right to left & Japense feature sets at time of installation.

Multilingual designers often have to work across multiple languages that range across reature sets.

I suggested to include an option in the settings that easily switches between these feature sets. This information is stored in the Windows Registry and in the applicationpreference.plist file on macOS so hopefully would be relatively easy to implement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Effect presets

When working across projects, I tend to take a screenshot of effect settings I use and then manually type adjust them to be the same. I wish we could save effect presets so I can just quick apply ones I use frequently.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The color Picker is in RGB instead of CMYK

Every inDesign (my version Adobe inDesign CC 2020 15.0.2)

To open the color picker, go to the toolbar on the left of the screen and double-click on the colored square.

It would be nice if the color picker is the same in inDesign as the one in Illustrator and Photoshop. The color picker opens in RGB while we are on a document in CMYK.
    We are graphic designers and we use this software because it is designed for printing professionals. The printer works in CMYK so why have a color picker with an RGB color space?

Or have the possibility…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Copy image number only for Adobe Stock Preview images.

Right-click adobe stock image in the link list and be able to select the image number only to search Adobe Stock for the image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. brother printer offline error

Nowadays most of the user is facing brother printer offline error. If you are one of them and you need support to resolve your issues then you have to follow some of the technical steps that will help you to resolve your issues instantly. To get detail information visit here:
    https://www.printeralign.com/brother-printer-is-offline-how-to-get-it-online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send PDF comment status from InDesign back to originating PDF

I love and successfully use the Import PDF Comments function in InDesign. I work through them in ID and Accept and Mark Resolved them in the PDF Comments panel. But…

Feature request: please give us the option to send the comment status from the ID PDF Comments panel back to the originating PDF. Our workflow continues to use that original PDF for comparison with the new PDF to cross-check that the alterations were made. We don't necessarily want to turn our editors loose in our InDesign files thereby introducing the chance for unintended and unnoticed changes. Thank you. ~Signed, the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Suppress Running Header on Chapter first page

Add a setting to Running Header to NOT DISPLAY if current page contains <chapterTitle> style.

This permits a document to reflow, changing pagination, while always suppressing the Running Header on the first page of a chapter. In this way, many documents would retain proper chapter start formatting without having to manually go through and apply a special Master Page (and remove the previous Master Page) whenever pagination changes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable HTML5 to be imported into InDesign and exported as HTML5 / EPUB3

Currently I'm using in5 to insert HTML5 into InDesign and then export it out as HTML5. I'm also using CircularFlo to insert HTML5 into InDesign and export it out as EPUB3. The funny thing is that the HTML5 that I'm importing to InDesign actually all came from the HTML5 output from Adobe Captivate. It is a little bit ironic that I want to combine Adobe files and make them work together but I've to use external parties plugin to do that. I'm very sure that in the future more and more people will be inserting HTML5 into InDesign either to…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base