1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A workflow for properly exporting a dual colour-profiled document

Having both RGB and CMYK in swatches is a great advantage if you want to have a single document exported both to screen and print - but it turned out to be a swatch mess... what about a way to acknowledge similar colors as "equivalents" so we could replace entire document swatches from RGB>CMYK (or the other way around) when this export is needed? changing them individually will eventually cause mistakes.
    and what about replacing entire link library from RGB>CMYK in order to export proper colours? I converted them and assigned all of their profiles in PS but now i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud services (Typekit, CC Libraries etc)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return character leading.

Make the return at the end of a paragraph always match the leading of the rest of the paragraph before it. I find it very odd and annoying when a return character has greater leading than the rest of the paragraph. Somehow Quark Xpress never had this problem—and I'm still annoyed even though I haven't used Xpress for over 10 years. When setting type in any text-dominant publication it is essential to keep leading and spaces between paragraphs consistent. I set my preferences so that leading applies to entire paragraphs, but a return may still have a different leading and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ePub presets

Export to ePub presets, like there are for print and PDF. Kind of a "best practices" export reset that could be customized for periodical projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save\Package Option

As I am finishing work on a new document, I would love a selection box for "Package Files" inside the Save Dialog or a Save\Package option. This would make it easy when saving at the end of the day if the files could be automatically packaged into one location if the selection box is checked.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to open Quark Express 4.0 files

Old versions could open Quark files .. new one does not seem to have that function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Non-cloud versions needed as an option

Improve InDesign by creating non-cloud versions again as an option. The cloud is not ideal from a security perspective, nor from a constantly moving, time wasting upgrade perspective —which cascades into more problems when coupled with OS upgrades, printer issues, etc. Very consumer unfriendly. Have spent a week trying to resolve an upgrade problem over multiple platforms, and now stuck in a problematic OS to conform to your upgrades so I can work with a client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 数字を使うショートカットキーについて

Illustrator同様、テンキーでの操作も可能にして欲しいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spell Check prompt upon saving, exporting or printing a document.

When you have finished creating your piece of design or artwork, could InDesign prompt/ask you if you would like to spell check your document? The prompt would come up when you attempt to save, export or print your work, asking if you would like to do this before you complete the relevant action.

This will be extremely useful as this is a key process that gets forgotten by many artworks. This could be a setting option that could ticked on within preferences.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improving footnote dialog

My proposal is to enable the ID program has more than one group of footnotes, or precisely two groups, with unique numbering each. The first which is being put under the text or at the end of a chapter, the ordinary ones. This as all know for referring or explaining the text.
    The second is to be on the outer side margin of a page and out of the text block limits, to mension the diffirences of original manuscripts of the old and complex books, encyclopedias linked captions, or special explaining or commencing, I mean for more specialized use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The current Adobe InDesign CC workspace windows / palettes won't expand or aren't visible. I have to uninstall and reinstall

The current Adobe InDesign CC workspace windows / palettes won't expand or aren't visible. I have to uninstall and reinstall to get them back and working. Please advise a fix? Or is this going to be fixed in the next app update? Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make links shortened or create your own

The links are too long, difficult and don't look professional for wide sharing. It would be great to be able to customise your own link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multi-relinking with one click

In large projects like catalogues in different languages on own layers, I often have to relink a lot of identical signets (eps) with the appropriate ones in another language on another layer. Sadly it seems to be impossible to do that with one single click. I have to relink every single file separately. The command "Relink all instances …" only works at link folders but not on a group of selected links filtered with the layers in the links panel column. It would be great to relink only a selection of links of the same image with only one click.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add "Same as Previous" in the "Bullets and Numbering > Mode" window.

In the "Bullets and Numbering > Mode" can we have "Same as Previous" added? I would be useful in our workflow. We have a workaround, but it's not 100% foolproof.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paste in Place is the default Paste option

I think that it would be more useful if the default option for the paste command were Paste in Place. It is frustrating to me that when copy pasting objects, particularly from one page to the other, I have to go through an extra step to "paste special" when there is nothing special about it... Same thing with photoshop...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need much larger document size

The max 5468mm document size is very small and makes large posters, signage, wallpaper and murals very difficult to create in Adobe. To make things worse Acrobat will not export to 5468mm so this can cause more issue.

This has been an issue for years now and really as a professional standard program its not good enough.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have a delay option for looped preset animations

I want to animate a button using the 'pulse' preset I want this to be on loop but with a break in-between (say 1 second delay) before the pulse animation loops again. Right now when I click on loop animation and preview it just screams for attention and thats not what I want. I just want it to pulse 'looped' with a second delay before it does it again. Also it would be great if you could specify how large the pulse animation goes. As sometimes it is quite large.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lock text passages e.g. legal texts

We have a lot of texts for legal reasons in our sales brochure. Like somewhere in between. Now we have a workaround to put these texts at the end of a page at the same spot in every brochure but while editing it often happens that e.g. by accident parts of the texts get erased.
    It would be so helpful to lock important parts of the text but keep them in the whole text "fluently" at the same time. It doesnt matter where the text is but it has to be there.
    I hope I described my request clearly enough... …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base