• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove hyperlink:

Remove hyperlink: There is no simple convenient way to remove a hyperlink. When you check, you find, "Edit Hyperlink" or "Go to destination". So, you go to "Edit" and find the hyperlink field, with the only option to delete the hyperlink being the word/letter info of the link that's in the entire field. But then it won't let you do that, saying: "! Invalid Entry". So, you have to reenter the text you had hyperlinked, then delete the text with the hyperlink. Please add a menu line, in both "Text-Hyperlink" and right-mouse-button "Hyperlink" that says and does "Remove Hyperlink", along…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have InDesign CC 2019, when you select a Hyperlink and look in the Properties panel, you will see 3 buttons – ‘Remove Hyperlink’, ‘Edit Hyperlink’ and ‘Manage Hyperlink’.
    Remove Hyperlink does what it says – it removes the hyperlink. However, it retains the applied Character Style which can be manually changed by clicking the [None] style in the panel.
    Manage Hyperlink opens the Hyperlinks panel (if it’s closed) and Edit Hyperlink lets you edit it.

Hope this helps.

Adobe InDesign team

3. Improve handling of font files by consolidating and normalising fonts internally

Font handling for multiple font file types is broken: if a given typeface represents weights using font files of different types, then different parts of InDesign will handle the font differently. Nowhere will it appear as one family with all weights below it. Because the presentation of the problem is significantly different between InDesign subsystems (paragraph style setting and setting font from the tool bar, for example) this might indicate refactoring is in order to ensure all subsystems handle fonts the same way.

See: https://plus.google.com/+BradMurray/posts/7e3o7Jq2hcH

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Australian dictionary to Indesign

Please add Australian Dictionary to Indesign. It was once doable but complicated to add the Hunspell dictionary to Indesign with earlier versions but now is impossible as the files that need changes are locked. I'm sure you have thousands of Australian users paying about $900 per year. This is a fix that I would have thought would only take five minutes to do

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Estimated Output Size

When saving a PDF output, it would be nice to choose your saving options (image quality, resolution) and get an estimated size. Like if you know you need something under 10MB, you could adjust your settings to match that without having to retry saving until you get the right size.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conditional colours for chapters

When we work with chapters and styles, sometimes we have a different thematic colour by chapter. It would be very interesting to define one or several conditional chapter colours for a section. We define the "Conditional chapter colour" in styles and depending on the page, these colours change. So, there is no need to create multiple styles with same parameters but different colours within the document or there is no need to split the document to play with these different parameters. Everything is in the same document and it is easier if we need to change the colour palette.

Many…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the »instructions.txt« file choosable when packaging

Just add a button so that it will be possible to unclick the writing of the (often useless) instructions.txt file when packaging an InDesign file.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After data merge, export to split PDF

I do lots of work that involves creating personalized documents for event attendees (schedules, welcome letters, etc.). I merge attendee data from the registration site. Upon rendering a merged document, I should be able to export each page as an separate PDF using data fields as filenames. "Smith, John Itinerary.pdf" for each person, for example. The workaround for this involves generating and exporting bookmarks to Acrobat, which is convoluted and doesn't always work.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use links with CC Libraries

I think it would be great to be able to use linked files in CC Libraries. We have a lot of master art on shared drives, and it wouldn't be practical to have it all in the cloud in a Library. For our team, this would be a huge addition... to store a shard-drive link to the file and a thumbnail, instead of uploading the entire asset.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. inverted color option with objects

When I select a text I really like how something looks when it's inverted by having it selected. having a feature that allows you to draw a shape so it inverts colours underneath would be cool. I can't seem to figure out how to do this in any other way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choosing a stroke color directly in 'Stroke' panel

Should be nice to have the opportunity to choose a stroke colour directly in the 'stroke panel' and then avoid the switch to 'swatches' or 'colour' panel.
    Thx!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. when using the GAP tool, allow to enter the space size.

When i have a collage of many images and I want to have all the spacing between the images the same exact amount, entering a desired size will be a huge help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Always quit when I typing in Indesign

When I type wordings in Indesign, the software no response and quit then~
    (Just simple words and a few wordings...... and I type in Chinese)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Endnotes used to be simpler

The new endnote feature is a disaster. Please allow discrete numbering for each chapter. I can't seem to be able to restart each chapter at superscipt 1. I am creating a 400-page book that has to be in sections for editing purposes. Not only am I renumbering superscripts and then endnotes for each chapter, but who knows what will happen when I assemble the whole thing with endnotes at the end. Preliminary testing with a few chapters is somewhat comforting, but I remain sceptical.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to create PDF (or postscript file) for thumbnails.

Currently InDesign will not let me create a PDF of thumbnails for a document. This would be valuable because I could then send a compact PDF file to a colleague for layout review, before sending the full PDF.

Alternatively, allow the creation of a PostScript file. Right now, if I try do do it in the printer menu, it disables the thumbnails options; if I try to use it via the Printer… button, it seems to work — even asking me to pick the filename — but does not create the PS file.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update Book panel

Please update the Book files to work more like FrameMaker.

For example, one can group files together, use folders (to treat separate files as one chapter), set the pagination settings separate for each file (start on right, start on next, make page count even, etc.)

InDesign hasn't had any major long document feature updates for some time. (Endnotes doesn't count as a long document feature since they do not currently work for a book. <g>)

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save All and Close All

Add a 'Save All' and 'Close All' to the File menu. Photoshop and other Adobe software have had this since the '90s, so why doesn't InDesign? It's inefficient to click on dozens of documents one at a time in order to save them and/or save and close them. Please emulate Photoshop as the ideal example.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Spell Check in Reverse (Backward) direction.

When running spellcheck on a document.. Id like to be able to go back. I click through the spell check pretty fast in the interest of time. Id Like a "back button" instead of just a "skip" forward button or "ignore all" button... Instead of having to go through the entire document to get back to the word i saw that might be misspelled. I'd like to be able to click back to the word then proceed through the remainder of the document.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have implemented this feature in the latest version of InDesign (InDesign 15.0). Now in addition to Spell Check in Forward direction, you can choose “Backward” direction while checking spelling.

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out this feature.

Adobe InDesign Team

19. Request for data merge to support table generation

Currently, data merge can generate pages from a master, but it cannot generate tables. This would be a highly useful feature. My designs use a lot of tables that recur with different data.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move "missing links" prompt to before PDF export dialogue.

Please move the "missing fonts" or "missing links" prompts to BEFORE the PDF naming and features preferences. I makes me nuts when navigate to where I'm dropping the final export, then name it, only to have an alert pop up telling me I'm missing something. I should be told that IMMEDIATELY.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base