1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HKS Z 21 Field is missing

Could you please add this colourfield or something simular?

Because there seems like no alternative for this special colour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the dynamic note function to be turned off so notes can be copied and pasted into separate documents

For all those of us who work on illustrated books with end matter, the fact that we cannot turn off the new dynamic note function is a serious problem. It means we can no longer copy notes out of a document and place them at the back of the book in a separate notes section without losing all of the note numbering.

The ability to add and remove notes without having to renumber by hand is great, but please give us the option to turn that off. For exhibition catalogues and academic art books, for example, all the notes have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creating a PDF with its actual file name

When creating a PDF can the name of the file be exactly as the document working on, not adopting an old file name you've create the file from?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Print the contents of the book window

I'm working on a very long document -- a book with about 300 component files (2-4 pp each). They're all in the book window... but once you're past two or three dozen files, the organization of the book window becomes difficult to view and comprehend. I'd like to print out the contents of the book window (PDF, CSV, spreadsheet, text, whatever) so that I can review what's there and see how best to organize it. The book window allows me to print out the book in different ways, and I can print portions of the book... but not that overview…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swapping Images Command

Please develop Swapping Images Command in Indesign so very easy to swap pictures each other in the document for everywhere means in table or frame.
    Even Big to Small or small to big jus select to frame or table and press the command or shortcuts key of swapping images and It's very useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ctrl + Backspace

In almost any Windows program (including InDesign) hitting Backspace while pressing Ctrl deletes the word to the left of the cursor., while hitting DEL while pressing Ctrl deletes the word to the right.

With InCopy on Windows, the word to the right is removed no matter if you use DEL or Backspace. This is very irritating and a bit pointless, since Backspace and DEL are just a few cm apart.

Also, I find myself wanting to delete the word to the left of the cursor much more frequently than the word to the right. For me this is a deal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mark to Mark Kerning & Positioning

Dear Adobe, you should really introduce mark to mark Kerning and Positioning in CC. These features are really crucial in resolving a lot of issues in Indic type design and it's dismal that none of the Adobe software support it. Apple's basic applications like PAGES supports it but not InDesign which is literally sad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spell check with glyphs

I added words with glyphs to my custom dictionary. In the spell check and spelling context menu these glyphs are not visible. I see f.ex haha-yoga in stead of Hatha-yoga ( the t in this word has a dot underneath). So my request is to make spell check work with glyphs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more bar code formats

InDesign only creates QR codes. Please add other formats such as UPC, GS1, 2D, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Option-Drag does not work between spreads

It is possible to copy objects using Alt+Drag command. It works if you work on a single page or single spread.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to Alt+Drag objects from one spread to another spread. This bug was introduced many years ago and it is still present in Adobe InDesign CC.
    Please make the Option-Drag of object consistent and let users copy objects from one spread to another one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Align to Guide like Adobe Illustrator

Add the feature...like we can align to guides in the illustrator, but same can't be achieved in Indesign

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Räötta text

Varför måste man trycka två gånger för att göra en rättelse i en text när man markerat en bokstav.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically create page hyperlinks from page. numbers entered to the page in the document

Have an option so that when typing an index and I type in a page number on the index page the program automatically creates a hyperlink to that page - it would save me hours every year. Even if you had to create a column within a table or something to do this.....

Of use the chapter heading at the top of the page to automatically create an index

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Paragraph Overrides

You used to be able to hover your mouse over a paragraph style in the paragraph style panel that had an override (plus sign). When you hovered over this style it would display a tool tip showing you what was overriding that style. This no longer works.

InDesign magazine has even written an article about it... https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-get-tooltips-working-again.php

The only way to fix this problem is to resize the panel. Every time you need to see what is overriding a style you have to resize the panel meaning you may have to resize the panel dozens of times for a document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow users to opt out of Typekit and CC Libraries

Typekit and CC Libraries are annoying and should be optional.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding the ability to create a new textbox from selected text.

By adding the option to make a text selection its own, new text box, it takes the hassle out of having to switch through tools and reformat copy. With this option, layouts would be a lot easier to fathom when you can break up the text simply by highlighting and creating the new box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. updates only on modified pages of publications indesign

When I place one multi-page publication of an indentation in another (for example, I put pages of other publications in a catalog), it would be convenient if, on some pages, the pages where the changes were updated were updated, and not the entire document as it is now.

Sorry for my english - google translator
    ))))

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. highlight filename by replacing link

when i replace a link, it appears a finder/explorer window of current folder of the current link, but the file IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED! why? it's the most terrible bug! i can remember it worked well until cs5.5 or 4.0!

when i need to replace the link, i need to find it in the folder at the first sight.

thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better Master Pages Concept

if a page is based on a mater page it seems likely that users will want to selectively turn on or off the visibility on a page to page basis.

currently in 13.1 x64 Indesign lets you choose none as an option on a page level of granularity

it would be better if the master page elements had their own layer in the page layers panel and each sub element that is on the master page had an eyeball icon to selectively turn on and off the visibility at the page being viewed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. supprimer les problèmes de balisage xml dans un documents contenant des notes de fin

supprimer les problèmes de balisage xml dans un documents contenant des notes de fin. les notes de bas de page ne peuvent être balisées, mais les notes de fin empêchent carrément le balisage…
    pouvoir convertir les notes de fin en notes de bas de page et inversement

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base