• My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text Variable "Running Header" to work across indvidual Indesign files within a Indesign Book

"Running Header" working across multiple indesign files within a book would allow a more modular approach to book production: common elements such as headers and footers can changed globally within a book, that shares some of its content i.e. individual indesign files, with another book but whose headers and footers must be different.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Publish online error 38

I just can't publish online anymore. My login is ok, but InDesign keeps me reporting an error number 38.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "Preview" button when creating a new color swatch

When you have and object selected and a fill or stroke color is applied to it...and you want to create a new swatch using a different color...a "Preview" box in the New Swatch dialog box would be helpful so you can see how it would look before accepting it. Currently, ID will apply your new swatch to your selected object(s) after it's created, so allowing adjustments at the same time could cut down on an extra step should you need to tweak the color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG? Random grey bars on screen in ID CC

I'm trying out ID CC and opened an ID C6 file to test. There are grey bars that appear randomly on screen. Not in fit in window view but in any other view when zoomed. Please see attached screen shot of the grey bars.

I'm using a 13" MacBook Pro (2017) with 16GB RAM. Under preferences, Display Performance is set to default and CPU Performance shows Compatible CPU and Monitor Detected.

How to resolve this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto save

Please add auto save like your other products

thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change rectange tool default stroke to fill

When you create a new rectangle, it is annoying that it always adds the stroke to it by default, forcing you to resize the rectangle after you have removed the stroke. Resizing is needed after removing stroke, because you first draw the rectangle to its correct size and then when you remove the stroke, it leaves a tiny gap as the stroke was aligned outside the rectangle.

Personally I need stoke rarely, but fill almost every time. I am pretty sure others find stroke to be the not-so-often used one, too.

So, why not change the default stroke to be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Live preview for alignment when using spaces

There is an option to specify the size of the space between objects when aligning an object. It would be fine if there was also an option to check preview.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. To Adobe First thank you for all the excellent programs. The latest feature that has excited me is "Publish Online" in In Design. Here, eve

To Adobe

First thank you for all the excellent programs. The latest feature that has excited me is "Publish Online" in In Design. Here, everyone - especially Apple's unreasonable blockages - is removed.
    Especially the blocking of iFrame that is the prerequisite for opening youtube.

However, a very crucial feature is missing in InDesign / Publish Online. You can not use a membership function (as far as I know), such as Paid Memberships Pro in WordPress, and it is crucial that, for example, as a producer of educational materials, I can get a necessary earnings.
    Vh

Claus Bangsholm

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Selectable Document Font Folder

I've been waiting for a long time for the Document-font folder to be out of sync with the Indesign document. One should be able to determine the place itself.
    If I have many Indesign Docs (in campaigns sometimes several hundred) I have to either install the fonts or just in any folder where an Indesign Doc is located in a document font folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pantone colors (Uncoated Solid) are unavailable in March 15 2018 updated CCInDesignuploaded colors which don't show up.

Many Pantone colors not compatible or accessible InDesign CC March 15 2018 upgrade. Specifically 2012 U Solid
    PMS are REQUIRED FOR SPOT PRINT JOBS!!!!!
    When is this essential requirement going to be addressed???????
    This is not something to "consider" as a feature request. It is an essential aspect of PRINT design and technology and needs to be accessible in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Navigation pane

A navigation pane(Section links) that allows quick navigation between document sections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Type scaling

I'd like to see a type scaling feature added to paragraph styles. When the project allows it I prefer to set up a "body" style and then base most of my copy styles on this one. Currently I make different header styles proportionally larger but if I ever need to change my body copy size I have to go back and change all the other head styles to match. It would be nice to set body to 10pt for instance, then set head 1 to 150% and head 2 to 125%. This would make head 1 15pt in reality and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Round corners should not be quarter circles connected with lines.

The eye will spot the connection points so these points need extra care.
    Adobe should study how Apple shaved off these points on the icons in the iOS. System iOS 6 had the round-corner-fault but in iOS 7 the shape is much better.
    I wish Adobe could give us tools to control the round corners, to shave off these connections points. Old Freehand had this feature. Please bring it back to Illustrator and InDesign.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Layer nesting facility

The ability to nest layers within layers would be lovely. See image attached - it's a point of sale artwork example which has Adidas shoes and Nike shoes on separate layers with sub-layers for the prices and images - it has a common background on a separate layer. I'd like to be able to nest the 'image' and 'price' folders within each brand folder - this would really help negotiate files can contain up to 20 different brand folders .

Thanks in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the Error 0 issue (Can't Save Document)

Please fix the Error 0 issue! I've just worked for 6 hours tonight to just be told that it can't save the document - 6 HOURS WASTED! I'm getting hacked off with this as it's not the first time it's happened.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dual Screen Modal Support

Dual Screen Modal Support.

It's frustrating that apps that are so frequently updated miss the blindingly obvious.

How about real dual screen support for your modal UI.

This is the case across Photoshop and Indesign (most likely, several other products).

In this screen capture - the cursor is selected on 'tint' on a second monitor (right hand side) slide lever is on a different monitor, on the left.

Pretty frustrating, what's the point of having dual monitors, if your software doesn't support such a basic fundamental.

Regards, Paul.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base