1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Create New document dialog box variables

I'd like to see the variable labels in the new Create New Document dialog box In InDesign made active so that when you click on them ID selects the current value for you to change; i.e., I'd like to see them work as most all the other entry fields work. This is a real time saver and I'm always telling my students to use this feature, not click inside a field and swipe over/highlight existing value....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swatch Grouping

The Color Group function is really useful, but it only works in the creation phase if you select multiple colours. There's no obvious way to add a colour to a group after it's been created - there's no contextual menu option, there's no palette menu option, and seemingly, you can't drag and drop it into the folder, which is counterintuitive as this is something users do all the time with Layers. Similarly, color groups should function the same way inside the CC Libraries palette. There should be a shortcut to add any selected Swatch or Color Group to the current…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Non printing layer attention value

Since the latest update of Adobe CC I noticed that across the suite, when you double click a layer and set it to non-printing, the label is no longer displayed in italic. Thus remaining in the dark on first glance at layer palette if a layer is set to non printing. I use non-printing feature a lot but now I don't have a visual reference anymore. Don't understand why this feature was removed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Arrange Paragraph border and shading

I would be better to have an option to arrange paragraph border and shading as like other objects arranging feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Output intent of placed PDF in link panel

You can easily look up ICC-profiles of placed images on the Links-panel.
    It would be great to see the embedded profile in pdfs there.

You can look it up via Acrobat and it's metadata (OutputConditionIdentifier)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Push Out Compensation for Perfect Binding on PDF Export

Being able to take a facing page document and adding an amount of cross over bleed from the spine and scaling that amount from the spine to the outer trim would be invaluable to my workflow for large perfect binding books. As it is now stands, I have to separate each spread to single pages and create bleeds towards the spine and move/scale each page to allow for artwork alignment in the final printing and binding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow document to be editable while using "FIND FONT"

Add the ability to edit and interact with the underlying document while the FIND FONT window is open (just like we can do while the regular FIND/CHANGE window is open)

When FIND FONT is open, the ONLY thing we can do is locate/substitute fonts. We aren't able to interact with the document in any other way. Often while using FIND FONT to locate where missing fonts are used, we find that the issue is actually just some text that we forgot to style properly, or a rogue invisible character that should simply be deleted. But in order to accomplish any…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to password protect elements

Allow users to password protect styles, master pages, ... in documents, preventing unwanted changes...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Book files | make list of all files seachable and make groups for better overview

When having a Bookfile with a lot of files in it. It is nearly not possible to find the right files. It would be nice if it would be possible to make any groups and make it searchable to find them easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Same shortcuts for all Adobe products (the most important one)

A lot of shortcuts are totally different for each programm of adobe. This is confusing. I think the most important shortcuts should be always the same for each adobe programm

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "Creative Cloud Files" Tab to "New Document" Window

Create a TAB for "CC Files" within the "New Document" window.

When you open InDesign you can select to open a file from CC Files. I have a lot of saved templates so this is a great feature.

However — once I have a file already open, I cannot easily load another template from my CC Files, unless I hunt it down in finder. This would save me a lot of time if I could load them from the New Doc window

GENIOUS.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to save .indt template files to the new document dialog box

It would be very beneficial if there was an option to import and save .indt template files into the new document dialog box for easy access.

Similar or the same as the Adobe Stock templates feature that is available in the new document dialog box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it possible to use Paid Memberships Pro when I use Publish Online i InDesign? If not, are there other solutions? Claus

Make it possible to use Paid Memberships Pro (or software lik it) when I use Publish Online i InDesign? If not, are there other solutions?

Claus

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Define epub:type in object style

Epub:type is available in Object Export Options, but can only be set on individual objects, not in Object Styles. Since some epub:types need to be used repeatedly (like "chapter"), it would be really useful to set them in object styles.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Password protect PDF export presets

Please allow users to password protect PDF-export settings, preventing unauthorized changes. Read/View only acces should be possible

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to be able to search for an empty cell in a table, and able to add the cell icon (square) in a search..

I want to be able search for the cell icon in a table or an empty cell.

Sometimes I have to search for empty cells in tables and replace them with an en dash to show that they are intentionally empty.

When you have over 70 tables in each book it would be really helpful to be able to search for an empty cell.

And sometimes I need to search for characters that appear all over the document but I only want to find the ones in a cell, so being able to specify that icon in a search would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PageMaker 6.5 plug in

There should be an optional plug in for importing PageMaker files into newer (than CS6) versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Additional PDF export button for "CURRENT PAGE"

Without a lot of expensive coding, could you add a button for "CURRENT PAGE" in the dialog box for export PDF? It would be a lot quicker than having to enter the page number every time you want to export each page separately.
    E.G.
    In Pages section
    ALL
    CURRENT PAGE
    RANGE

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Smart hyphenation

A great feature would be if InDesign could add hyphenation rules automatically when when using discretionary hyphens. A pop-up window that asks if you want this word to hyphenate on every instance of the word where you insert the hyphen the first time. I find it a bit too tedious to make new H-rules for every word. This is very relevant for non-english languages where the the pre-defined H-rules isn't very good. There is probably better ways to to this, but I think its time InDesign's hyphenation feature get a little bit smarter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base