When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. option to edit the actual colour of a panel itself...useful for easily locating a favourite eg or currently in-use pane on a crowded screen

I am suggesting it would be good to have the option to be able to edit the actual colour of a panel itself which would be very useful for easily locating a favourite or currently in-use panel on a crowded screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ownership of libraries to the team and global changes

Libraries; Now at the center of every well organized team... but when a team member leaves, every «owned» libraries are deleted... so all the standardized color swatch of a client are gone for the remaining members... PLUS would be great to have a chart of 30 clients and add/remove one new/old user to those 30 libraries at once ! libraries are great; adobe please make them greater :)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recently used in Find/Change Format (in Find/Change)

The recently used dropdowns for Find What and Change to are really helpful to re-use recent search terms. Something similar for the Find Format and Change Format options would save a lot of time.

The dropdowns could work well, but being able to dynamically (within each document/book) specify two or three to keep as buttons would be even more helpful, for the most used changes, which for me are really simple things like 'Character style: italics' (Find or Change to my predefined character style called italics).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow alignment of an object to two guidelines that I create, instead of to the page or other objects

When trying to align text or an object to a box or area that is not aligned to the center of the page - allow me to create guidelines (drag out from side of ruler) to the edges of the box or area and select the guidelines and the text or object and align the text or object to the center of the guidelines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text Hotkey window tool

A windowed tool that allows you to assign "Hot keys" to font styles where you could quickly edit text on the fly. The text hot key tool would have an activated switch so when its on, it applies your hot keys and when its off everything goes back to normal. This would mostly be used for references where authors names are italicized, body copy is regular and numbers are bold. I know it is similar to the eye dropper tool except you would be able to edit all at once rather than have to go back to each style. The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. trial

I have not been able to productively use the 7 day trial period due to my delayed preparations of the contents of a brochure design.
    I would like to request a brand new 7 days credit to give Indesign a shot to accomplish my task.
    Very truly yours,
    I. Tok
    Structural Engineer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Endnotes as bibliography, reference one source multiple times.

When creating a bibliography often times you must reference one source multiple times.

the way that it is set up now, adding a new endnote creates a new entry at the bottom. there is no way to reference something twice.

Obviously this creates concerns when considering navigation, as it works both ways now.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow InCopy to be edited remotely by 3rd Parties (eg clients)

We prepare large copy-heavy documents for our clients using InDesign and InCopy. However, our clients are not technically minded and do not have access (or the technical ability) to the Adobe software needed to open such documents and provide edits/comments.

We therefore have to cut/paste the InCopy into a Microsoft Word document and send this, so that the client can edit/change/comment as necessary. They then return the Word file to us, and we re-link or re-copy the changes back into InCopy.

Unfortunately, during this process we often lose the formatting and pagenation, increasing the time it takes for the edits…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add the possibility of using conditional text to the Table of Contents.

Sometimes we need to shorten the title, or generate a list of abbreviations, a table of contents for each section, or any other list that could use the Conditional Text.

Conditional Texts can be created independently of Character Styles.

This should work.

What do you think about it?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Applying Master pages to 'all even' or 'all odd' pages

Applying Master pages to 'all even' or 'all odd' pages - would be handy when working with large documents, rather than manually typing or cmd+shift the pages to include.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi All, thanks for this feature suggestion.

If I understand this correctly the idea here is that you need a faster way to be able to apply Master Pages to the various pages in the document. One use case is that you want to apply a particular master page to Even and Odd pages.

Are there other such scenarios too, where you need more support. It would be helpful if you can mention other such scenarios.

Thanks

11. Tool

Thank you for awesome Version. But I felt some lack there. When I jump from move tool to Text tool it won't response quickly. Whole InDesign sw hanging.

second one for improvement in toolbar. When I click Short cut "I" the eyedropper should open but color theme tool opened. Please make defaut Eyedropper

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the visibility of a form field contingent on text entered in a previous form field.

More specifically, I need text entered into a previous form field prior to the visibility of other fields. For example, you cannot fill out a title field without completing a name box previously. Ideally, this could be an option under "event" on the "Buttons and Forms" menu.

This is valuable when creating a form where data needs to be input for followup form fields to become visible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. font weight mapping

Different font foundries/designers have different ideas on how to name the font weight. Unfortunately this causes problems, when you want using (character) styles like "BOLD" or "ITALIC".

More often then not, you need to change the definition (from "bold" to "65 bold" or "Italic" to "oblique") when changing the font.

If you have multi-font documents, you even need to assign styles according to the font instead of the weight. Building a hierarchy of styles gets more complicated too.

The idea is to have a table of weight mapping like:
    65 bold = bold;
    bold = bold;
    45 light = light; …

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. publish

I want to publish online an entire book not a only a document

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add # of downloads to the analytics for Publish Online

Analytics should keep track of how many people download the PDF of published document. This would be extremely helpful, and I haven't seen an improvements since Publish Online was introduced.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. GPU Acceleration enabled on closed MacBook Pros

I wish that GPU acceleration and the presence of a retina monitor weren't tied tougher. I have a MacBook Pro that I have docked and driving two monitors. If I want GPU acceleration I have to open my laptop when launching InDesign to enable GPU acceleration. I'm not sure why this feature requires a retina screen at launch.

It works just fine if I open the laptop and launch InDesign and close the laptop.
    GPU acceleration doesn't seem to have the same requirements in other Adobe products that I use (Illustrator, Photoshop, or After Effects).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. links on shares broken - Mac/Windows

If you link assets from a server-share on an Windows-PC and open the InDesign-file on a Mac, the links are maintained (if you work with links in UNC style: file://server/share/path/to/image.jpg; mapped shares don't work).
    In the other direction (Mac -> Windows) the links are broken. Would be nice if it would work also in this direction.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scale pages thumbnail size by width of of panel

Sometimes I need to reference other pages in the doc I'm working on. It would be helpful if the pages panel adjusted the size of the thumbnail based on the width of the window. The Panel Options sizes don't offer enough versatility.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Assign paragraph style depending on odd/even page

It would be nice to assign a paragraph style automatically depending on the “value” of a odd or even page? So you can for example make some styles have more margin at the right or left side, depending on odd or even.

Of course you can apply this with different paragraph style, but when a new page appears in the middle of a large document it would be very nice if this can go automatically.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base