1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inserting multipage PDF into frames

I want to be able to insert multipage PDF file into Indesign in easier way, something like: create a frame, set settings, on the first page and then I want Indesign to create exact amount of pages as in PDF file and insert it automatically to box on each page with the same settings as the box on the first page. Thank you.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Find/Replace for Overrides

In the FIND option, add the ability to find/replace paragraphs with overrides.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple items on clipboard

Control+C+1=(copy object 1)
    Control+V+1=(paste object 1)

Control+C+2=(copy object 2)
    Control+V+2=(paste object 2)

Control+C+3=(copy object 3)
    Control+V+3=(paste object 3)

Which would allow you to have multiple copy and paste items on the clipboard

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have option to display non-printing objects

Having an option to display non-printing objects can be very useful if you want to have notes or other visual markers in your document that you do not wish to be printed.

Right now when you choose an object to be non-printing, it becomes invisible. If you would have a checkbox that would toggle its visibility that would be great.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export interactive Document to animated GIF / or Animate CC

When making simple basic animations in InDesign I cannot work anymore with them when trying to export as «animated GIF Banner». It would be working when Animate CC could directly import my InDesign File with the working timeline … but that's not possible :-(

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Swap graphics/images…

I know it exists as a script BUT i've been waiting a loooong time to get a very basic SWAP function between 2 inDesign frames'content.

Say I have 2 frames on a page, one contains image A, the other contains image B.

I select the 2 frames, in object menu, I have one option (usually grayed out if 0, 1, 3 or more objects are selected) (+ same in contextual right-click menu).

That option says "swap images" (in french "permuter les images").

Everything in one frame goes to the other.

That implies groups of items.

That implies taking care of…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PLEASE ADD IN INDESIGN THE EQUATION EDITOR.

Please add the new add in is "Equation Editor" like found in Microsoft Word, it is very useful

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How to package a single page.

It's really inconvenient that I can't package a single page. I have to duplicate and delete the rest of page before I sent others.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Smaller increments when zooming using Keyboard Shortcuts or Mouse Wheel

If someone is using a Mac laptop, the zooms that can be achieved using the trackpad can be very precise, however the zooms with Mouse Wheel or Keyboard Shortcuts can be a bit too "jumpy" and frustrating.
    For example it jumps from 50% to 75% to 100%. What I often need given my screen size is 60%.
    Maybe if the zooms were smoother all the time it would allow more users to find the right zoom for their comfort, especially if working with several screens

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alignment Snapping/Zoom

When moving objects/text, I find that they keep snapping to certain places on my document. I have snap to grid turned off, so I don't see why it won't let me place the object I'm moving exactly where I want it. It helps to zoom in, but InDesign doesn't allow you to zoom in as much as Illustrator. Also, Illustrator doesn't have this snapping problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add full fullscreen/splitscreen support for Mac OSX

OSX has a fullscreen/splitscreen mode, integrated into their Spaces (desktop view dedicated to one app only) support in almost any app.

Acrobat (!) already added this fullscreen support.
    The classical design workflow would be greatly improved if InDesign (and most other CC apps) would support this native OSX feature.

Especially corrections, copying text, comparing artwork and final lay-out, switching apps, would go much faster, with less switching of views, apps, moving windows around etc…

On a MacBook, this would make all Adobe apps much more useful. I (and many others) do not want to pay for a second monitor, only…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List of fonts. Option to reinitialize alphabetical order

List of fonts. Please add option to reinitialize the list of fonts. Before beginning a new project, I do not want to have the ones that I used before ahead of the list. I would like to replace these in their alphabetical order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exclude Pages from Page Count

Please include an option to exclude certain pages of a document from the page count. I work with a lot of proposals that have page counts, but things like covers, table of contents, and tabs do not count. It's hard to keep track of the "counted" pages and having to go in and change the numbering every time I delete or insert a page. It would be great if you could right click on pages and say "exclude from page count" and the page count would continue on the next page.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I think it`s very inconvenient that you can't sync (or save) your settings.

I think it`s very inconvenient that you can't sync (or save) your settings. This feature has been there. Why take away something that makes it harder for users it use to be the other way around.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The current Pantone Plus Color swatches (Color Bridge in particular) are not being updated when the Adobe software updated with updates

The Pantone Swatches do not update when updating Adobe software in the cloud. And updating with Pantone Color Manager is completely inane.

I have the most recent update for Adobe (InDesign CC Release 2017.1, and a build of 12.1.0.56 x64) and have loaded the most recent Pantone Color Manager to update the Pantone Plus Color Bridge colors (i started with one color library... updating all libraries would take at least a half day)

After updating:
    1. I can no longer search for colors as I used to, so I manually have to scroll through the whole list to find the…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Proper Relative Path Manager for Links

Allow us the ability to specify relative paths to linked assets to aid in duplication of jobs and production work.

A copied file will remember all static addresses to it's previous location.

In a scenario of using templates to complete jobs where assets get replaced and flipped, you lose time linking assets to the new address when the copied ID file should be able to look within it's new HOME FOLDER, and attempt to refresh all links.

Exporting from said file is also problematic, as the destination folder is still the "original location" and not the new file location of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change the font size of the page information when printing out a page. This is too small at 6 pt.

We do thousands of imprints that have all the job number, customer PO and imprint info on the file name. We are converting from qk to indesign. Quark 's title page information uses much larger font and is at the top of the page when printed out which is much more convenient.

We want to be able to identify the document quickly!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Textboxes for footnotes

Let the user place footnotes in a textfield, for example in the marginaliia.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Collaborative, Syncing, Files

Add collaborative qualities to files so multiple people can edit at the same time and sync to update. This is VITAL for team work and educational work. Group work and teams will never go away.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for making this request. In order to understand the use-case more better I have a few questions:

1. Whats the role of the different people working collaboratively on the same file. Are they always only designers or are other personas also involved.
    2. What are the different kind of files (brochures, books, magazines etc) for which this is required.
    3. Where is the file on which these different users need to work together on be placed. Should this be on a cloud server, or a shared server.
    4. How do you workaround this need today? What are the most important problems with the current workaround?

20. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base