2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4935 results found

1. InDesign, and all other CC apps, should be ported to Linux

Linux is more efficient and secure than Windows or macOS. It also often has greater hardware compatibility and resource management, which would be useful when dealing with large projects.

This would be valuable for many users seeking to get the most out of their hardware, or who work with 3D rendering tools best suited to Linux setups.

Adobe already has a Unix base with the macOS version - surely a Linux version isn't too much of a head-scratcher for the devs.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need much larger document size

The max 5468mm document size is very small and makes large posters, signage, wallpaper and murals very difficult to create in Adobe. To make things worse Acrobat will not export to 5468mm so this can cause more issue.

This has been an issue for years now and really as a professional standard program its not good enough.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a counter symbol similar to the "current page number" marker.

It would be very useful to be able to insert a special character (similar to the "current page number" marker) that makes a digit counter, starting with 1 and then iterating upwards for each time it's inserted.

I know there's a workaround to sort of do this with numbered lists, but that's very limited, especially if you want the counter anywhere except the beginning of a paragraph.

I'm currently working a book that has many images with captions, that ends with the number of the image, like this: "Lorem ipsum dolor… [15]". If "15" where a simple character that counted upwards…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can't save or open files

I keep getting error 4 damaged document, cannot save, in Indesign 13.1

It stops me from saving or opening files. I have to quit Indesign 13.1 before I can proceed. Then it seems to work. I have deleted the cache as suggested countless times, it still happens. I have a feeling it's something to do with Illustrator 22.1, when I open that to work on a file and then quit it. It is then that I seem to get the error code 4 in indesign. Can you please advise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow character style to affect tab leaders

I applied a tab leader in my paragraph style in order to force dots to appear between my text and page number in my table of contents. However, there is no way to style those leaders. InDesign manual says: To change the font or other formatting of the tab leader, select the tab character in the text frame, and use the Character panel or Type menu to apply formatting.

This is fine except when you have a really long table of contents and want to format each tab leader. I chose a smaller dot by choosing a light font and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to have a dashboard feature within InDesign so you view all open/tabbed documents all at once in one window,

It would be great to have a dashboard feature within InDesign so you view all open/tabbed documents all at once in one window. Ideal when you are resizing a lot of web or print ads.
    You could activate by hitting F5 function key.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Arabic Composite fonts

I know that at the moment is possible to use composite fonts for CJK languages but not for Arabic and Hebrew.
    Do you think that could be possible to improve?

This is the issue that I had:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10455269#10455269

Regards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Single Line Composer the default selection, please

Every time I receive a layout from my designers, I have to highlight and change every single block of text on it from Adobe Paragraph Composer (the work of the devil) to the controllable sanity of Single Line Composer. Who in their right mind wants the computer to be reflowing text that they have already edited?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Split epub at articles in articles panel

An epub can only be splitted at specified paragraph styles. The order in which page elemetnts are exported can be specified as „Same as Articles panel“. I think it woud make sense to have also an option to split an epub at the articles in the articles panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. InDesign on wrong monitor

I loaded LR, PS, and AI, then moved them from primary monitor (in upright format) to a secondary monitor (which is in landscape format), maximise them, close them. Next time I open them, they always remember to load to the same place as before, namely the second monitor.

But InDesign keeps loading in the primary monitor, I have to keep shifting it over to the secondary monitor every time I start InDesign.

Seeking the forum for answers, I noticed someone already asked that question, why do it keeps opening in primary window, and it was posted around 2015 or thereabouts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would like to add a separate gradient applied just to text, not related to textframe, just to the word (or any textcharacter)

I would like to apply a gradient to characters and words only, not related to the textframe in which they are printed.

If I have one or a few words in a gradient designed, and due to a textedit the word flows to the other (or a previous) line, the gradient appears different than how I designed it.

At this time it is either only related to the textframe, or I'd have to convert the text to outlines.

Or, as a workaround I can take the word out, place it in a separate textframe, apply the gradient, and place it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notify us of bugs while they are being fixed.

When you have a bug, it would be nice to get a notice. I just spent an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the dictionary. Finally got in a chat and realized I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It's fine you have bugs. It's amazing what the software does. I don't mind not using a feature while the bug gets fixed. It would, though, save me time and frustration to know that you're working on it and I should relax and wait.

Thank you!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to define a swatch that has a transparent gradient.

I want to create a swatch in the swatches palette that goes from X% color to no color. The same end result as applying a gradient feather effect but in a swatch so if I apply that swatch to an underline option in a text frame that is sitting above a non-solid color/image, the fade goes transparent and we don't see it fade to white.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. horizontal scale

I would like to have the option to set the positioning up from the zero 0,0 as "+". It should be like in mathematic scheme. Moving objects left=the position gets to "-"....moving objects right=the position gets to "+".......moving objects up=the position gets to "+"... moving objects down=the position gets to "-"

dont know why it is like that now

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. wrong document opens from the start page

There is very useful start page with last opened document thumbnails, but after update it opens everytime diferent documents, than it shows. It works fine using menu "file/open last documents". I can point the mouse on the thunmbnail, it shows the right path to the document, but it opens diffrent one. I havent found any order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change position of Trashcan icon in Index palette

You can create a new index entry at the cursor position by dragging an existing page reference to the Create New Index Entry icon at the bottom of the Index palette. However, that icon is adjacent to the Trash icon, and both are small. It is too easy to drag the existing page reference onto the Trash icon instead, thus deleting (without a warning!) the existing entry instead of creating a new one. Moving the Trash icon to between the Update Preview or Generate Index icons would reduce this risk. Or add some space and/or a vertical line before the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Scratch Disk option

Give InDesign a Scratch Disk option like Photoshop and Illustrator. It consumes far too much memory and runs too slowly on Windows 7.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. show last time saved in closing pop-up

I forget sometimes when the last time I saved a document I have open, and when I go to close it, it asks, Save/Don't Save/Cancel. I wish it said a time stamp of the last time it was saved so I don't have to save it if I already saved it 5 mins ago and didn't really make any worthy changes. Yes I could just look at the file info in the finder, just seems like a simple thing to add to save some time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. TYPEKIT FONTS - same download / deletion timeframe as the apps themselves! offline usage necessary

WHY? are you tighter and stricter on tiny fonts and more flexible on big apps (i.e. 30 days offline access)?
    HOW? do i use CC apps offline and design text work without FONTS?
    if you can limit access to apps to the end of subscription, and you can limit font access by requiring being online, ergo you can design access to your components anywhere on the timeline between those 2 endpoints. it makes zero sense to be flex on offline app access, then strict and tight on offline typekit font access. cool on the larger and jerks on the smaller?…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. in the "Printer Marks" tutorial, specify exactly how to print fold marks.

The Printer's Marks tutorial (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/printers-marks-bleeds.html) says: If you select the Crop Marks option, fold marks are printed as solid lines when spreads are printed. But there is no detail about how to create fold marks, and simply printing crop marks does not appear to automatically create fold marks or offer any option to do so. More clarity and specifics would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base