2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4921 results found

1. Improve Link Panel functionality

It would be useful if we could right click an image in the Link panel and change the color mode from RGB to CMYK withough having to go into Photoshop before hand.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Table Cell Background Image

It would be really helpful if we could use an image as a background inside a table cell.

Or even just improve the ability to insert an image directly into a table cell, making the actual cell boundary function as the graphic frame.

Currently we can only paste a graphic frame into a cell as an anchored object, which is very cumbersome to align and position with all the levels of nesting involved.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Section Styles

Often we need to apply styling, such as a shaded background, to not just an individual paragraph, but to a SECTION which is composed of multiple paragraphs.

There is no easy way to do this via style sheets. Duplicating all the individual paragraph styles again and adding the 'shaded' properties to each one is way too tedious and fussy.

It would be nice if we could have SECTION STYLES. This would function like a 'wrapper' encompassing multiple paragraphs. That way we could select a passage of text and easily apply things like shading, borders, and indents to it. See attached…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. one document multiple user

Allow different users to access the same document files simultaneously to edit. Like in CAD programms were you can lock layers or pages so you can have one project sharing file within your working group.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Height of Link Info in the Links pallet stay as pallet height is changed

I would like to have the Links pallet behave differently. I would like to have it, when adjusting the pallet size by clicking and dragging the bottom of the pallet, adjust the size of the Links portion of the pallet instead of the Link Info part, keeping the current height of the Link Info consistent.

Currently, to see more images in the list, I have to drag the pallet twice. Once drags the pallet larger, but in reality only changes the size of the Link Info. Then I have to drag the bottom of the Link part down to see…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow saving importing and exporting Proof Setup settings (Also include Colour blindness settings)

InDesign is usually the final step in creating a publication where the changes can be made. It is therefore important to view a document, especially if intended for print, with correct proof settings. In Photoshop it is possible to save Proof settings, but in InDesign this is not possible (I wish they were interchangeable)

Comparing Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign you see that there is less and less possibilities to have control which is ironic because often you would not know the output intent until you come to InDesign, and you may also have assets that are to be used for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Update changes in CC Library Color Swatches in objects using theses colors

At the moment I have to change every single objekt wich uses the changed color manually. There should be a Library-Function to do this automatically.

That would be REALLY helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Documents should open with spreads centered

When I open a document with two-page spreads, unless the zoom level is set to "fit in window," the document opens with the spreads off-center, usually to the left and down off the bottom edge. Then I have to manually drag them into place, or else choose "fit in window" and then size them down to whatever zoom level I'm working at. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working on a book with many chapters which are frequently opened and closed. And contrary to some reports, InDesign doesn't "remember" the position when the file is next opened, unless that zoom…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow footnotes start not on the same page as their marker

Indesign is strictly forcing the rule that a footnote should start on the same page where its footnote reference is located. While this is usualy helpful, sometimes it creates problems like large white areas or even complete inability to layout the text.
    See for example the images below. Image 1 shows how indesign can't put any text and leaves white pages - actually the layout stops here and no text is viewable on next pages.
    Image 2 shows the reason: there are 2 footnote markers on the same row, both with long texts on the footnotes. so when the text…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. note feature

I am not sure what category this would fall into. It would be great to add a feature (that would appear as an align or paragraph tab) that would allow me to jot down notes or copy & paste without bringing on any outside formatting so that I can easily copy and paste into the fields and the onto multiple pages or files I am working on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhancements in Publish Online

Publish Online feature is quite good, but it'll be good if we have the below additional features:

(1) Option to edit directly the contents and update the preview
    (2) Option to add the viewer comments like doing in PDF
    (3) Option to attach the files, usually will be as PDFs and TXT formats
    (4) Option to import the comments as mentioned in (2) into respective InDesign files
    (5) Option to adjust minor style elements

Please let me know, if you need any clarifications on the above given details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Formatting page ranges for cross-references and indexing

It would be good to be able to change the coding in the format of cross-referenced page numbers (and Indexing cross-references) so that instead of the two cross-referenced pages displaying [236]-[238], they could display [236]-[8] or [236]-[38]. Formatting page ranges now ALL has to be done manually, because publishers don't typically use the full number in the second of a range.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. InCopy should have a mobile app

Microsoft word has an app for android which can be used to write ideas while away from the computer and then open up the same file on the desktop for editing. InCopy should have the same functionality with a mobile app that can open or create an icml file to type a story. It wouldn't require any editing, only the bare bones so ideas don't get forgotten.
    Thank you

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change text orientation in paragraph style (not only table cells)

It would be nice to change text orientation by paragraph style (not as in text direction or left-to-right vs. right-to-left languages), but as in orientation. For instance, I worked on a book that needed the answers to be under each question, but they needed to be upside-down. The way I worked out to do it was cut and paste each answer into a table cell and turn it upside down using the cell styles, but it'd be nice to set this in the paragraph style options so that one doesn't have to cut and paste into either cells or separate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Trash/clear out Find/Change completely

The ability to trash everything in the find/change window so you can start fresh with a brand new search. Right now you have to delete things like “change format” individually and each field stays filled in. This is nice if you are keeping something in your search for a while, but not when you want to start fresh.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Style hierarchy

It would be nice if you could easily see as one of the views of styles (paragraph, character, and object) a hierarchy of which styles are based on each other. Like a cascade of styles. I work on long documents and books that use LOTS of styles and besides the normal view and alphabetical view, it would be nice to be able to "sort" by hierarchy, perhaps with the swivel arrow, like when you have different styles in grouped folders. For instance, we have "text" and then "text left" and "text centered," and so on, but they are all based…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. InDesign book file (.INDB) total page count

If you're making a book using a book file (.INDB), the InDesign Book file panel should have a total page count. Sometimes the page count is not accurate, especially if you have frontmatter to a book that uses roman numerals and start with 1 later in the book. It would be nice if the absolute total number of pages showing somewhere on that panel. We publish books and have to stick to strict signature breaks for presses, so total page count is very important information to us, and it'd be nice to quickly get that information instead of having to…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Toggle through styles and narrow by search in paragraph/character/object style windows

The ability to go through all styles without leaving the Paragraph Style Options window. Like forward and back arrows. If you are editing multiple paragraph styles at a time (or character or object styles for that matter), currently you have to close out of the dialog box every time you want to toggle to a new style. It’d be nice to toggle or click through to the next style (alphabetically), or choose it from a drop-down menu.

Also. when you have a long list of styles, the ability to search for them by typing. Right now, you have to scroll.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Find/Change "negatively" on a paragraph/character/object property (i.e., look for a style set to anything BUT 13pt)

It would be nice if find/change had to ability to search for everything BUT something. For example, if I had a style named "text" where the leading was defined as 13pt but I wanted to only find instances where the leading was NOT set the 13pt because of some local override. But these overrides might be 14pt or 15pt, but that would required 2 or more separate searches. I don't necessarily know how many paragraphs have been locally overridden from the set 13 unless I page through and look for each paragraph by sight. I realize the local Style Override…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Find/Change Math Styles

Ability to apply math styles from third party in Find/Change feature.
    We publish education materials and use Mt Editor by Movemen. Can find fractions such as 1/2, cannot apply fraction stacked style as there is no option for Math styles as is with Paragraph and Character styles. Would be a huge time saver to have this ability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base