How can we improve InDesign?

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics ...Really?

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics today Brian", "Put your projects into focus today" ...Really? I use Adobe for my job, I am already doing these things, I dont need a fucking reminder from YOU to do my job. STOP IT.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind the start menu; I like the interface fine. But I don't need the cheery-beery greetings, like: "When in doubt, make a layout". Seriously lame.

ADVICE: Keep your day job, leave the poetry to the poets.

• Colin Flashman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to hide the start menu for good, uncheck the 'show "start" Workspace when no documents are open' checkbox in the preferences/general.
        If having no luck with this, make a new blank text file in notepad or textedit and add the following line:
        app.generalPreferences.showWhatsNewOnStartup = false;
        save the file as "goawaystartupscreen.jsx" and save it to the following location:
        /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2019/Scripts/startup scripts/goawaystartupscreen.jsx

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Adobe, please stop with the totally dorky "PUT YOUR PROJECTS IN DISORDER TODAY" This idiotic pop-up went away for a couple of days and now it's back with a vengeance. Momentarily I thought you had come to your senses. Adobe CC 18 please grow up. At least, give us the option of turning it off. Whose stupid idea was this anyway. What an idiot.

• Don Gosney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just using PS and am REALLY getting tired of the "Put your projects into focus today" window. Should I really have to pay $600 a year to have to close this window a couple of hundred times per day? We don't even know what this window is called so we don't know what to look for to disable it.

• Mary S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that these condescending and fake-friendly messages are childish and annoying for someone who has been using Adobe products and their predecessors for 30+ years. I want an option to disable those home screen messages.

• Maik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you have such? I've never seen Indesign or any other Adobe tool giving me tips or nagging me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics today Brian", "Put your projects into focus today" ...Really? I use Adobe for my job, I am already doing these things, I dont need a fucking reminder from YOU to do my job. STOP IT.

Feedback and Knowledge Base