2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4929 results found

1. We need feature variables

Ideas for expanding the functionality of text variables have already appeared here. It would also be interesting to create variables to describe the properties of non-text objects. For example, color, font size, size (length / width), page position, styles, etc.

The benefit of such an introduction is obvious: you do not need to create many monotonous styles that differ only in one or two common features. It would also indirectly affect the number of master spreads created.

Each property of a certain object represented by a list (for example, color) can be expanded with variables of the corresponding types (color…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Funzioni arabo-ebraico (direzione testo) in indesign lingua italiano

Si potrebbero inserire le funzioni arabo-ebraico (direzione testo) in indesign installato con la lingua italiano?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Style de paragraphe > option d'enchainement

option d'enchainement solidaire avec le paragraphe suivant également serait efficace. J'aimerais pouvoir lier un titre au paragraphe texte qui le suit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More robust Variable Font support

Please provide a more robust Variable Font support. I am running Id v 15.1.1.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it possible to lock down or freeze all kinds of text wraps made by detect edges

It would be great if there was a way to “freeze” all kinds of text wrap made by detecting edges in a document, or in other words to make them static, so they stop changing with the image. If the designer uses the final image, everything is fine. The problems arise when a print service provider has to make adjustments to the images prior to printing, such as changing color profiles, converting or correcting colors, downsampling, or replacing the designer’s lores versions with hires. Even the slightest changes will often make the text reflow, and this is very troublesome to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Data merge supports paragraph branch

希望支持一个段落文本数据里有多个段落、分行的功能,这样就不用每一个段落设置成一个数据,因为每一个段落文本里有不同数量的分段

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recent document list remembers templates

The recent documents feature (File > Open Recent > [list of recent files]) seems to be based on files saved, not files opened. If I open a template if does not get added to the recent files. I might open the same template five times a day, but it never appears in the Open Recent list. This should be corrected or an option to include recent templates added in Preferences > File Handling. See example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would like to be able to share a pdf (for proofing/approval) straight out of InDesign. Exceeding valuable as it skips steps.

In the busy print workflow environment it would be nice to skip steps when providing clients with proofs for review/approval. Creating and sending a pdf proof to clients straight out of InDesign would be just the thing. Currently, as you know, you export the InDesign document as a pdf, open it up in Acrobat and share the file for review. While the Acrobat function is fine (although we've noticed lag time in clients receiving the proof) in the face-pace environment of a printshop, where many of these proofs are processed, it would be a time saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keyboard command for resizing content within a picture box

Quark allows one to resize an image within a picture box using key commands. Could this key command please be added to ID. It's wonderful: To resize a picture in 5% increments using keyboard shortcuts, press Command+Option+Shift+> (Mac OS) or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+> (Windows). To enlarge,and Command+Option+Shift+< (Mac OS) or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+< (Windows) to reduce.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Preview at proportional size with content collector placer

I place many images using content collector placing tool and am having trouble positioning on page. I place a few images and have to adjust place some more adjust and so on to save paper for proofing.

If I could have a proportional preview(proportional to the previously placed images) so I know how it will fit before placing it would save much time. I sometimes place hundreds of images at a time this way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Go to Page (book-aware version of command)

The Go to Page command only works within a document. The Go to Page in Book command would open up the requested page in the Book file, regardless of whether the document were open at the time or not.

This is a valuable command because when editing long books with many chapters, it is useful to go directly to a page to make a change. It saves having to take your hand off the keyboard to the mouse, open the possibly closed Book panel, find the file that is in the page range, double-click it to open it, and then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Using Unicode Indic Devnagri Script Font for Automatic Page Numbering & Numbered Lists / Paragraphs,

Hello Team, I am from India, and obviously we have to work majority of the times with Unicode Devnagri Script Fonts, (I prefer to use the Adobe Devnagri Unicode standard fonts )

Then Major problem / issue while using Automatic Page Numbering & Numbered Lists / Paragraphs, is even though we apply the Devanagari script on the Page Number on Master Pages, the auto numbering still shows the ENGLISH Script in the same font, the same goes for the Numbered Lists

And it looks very odd when we have a List Typed in Devnagari script but its numbered in English…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Detect metric system and offer A4, millimeters

It's pretty simple to detect the user country via the OS, so it would be very handy to start indesign with A4 and millimeter units, instead of letter and inches.

Currently, having a fresh install of inDesign, the default page size is letter. To start a new document with A4 is cumbersome. Not good at all, considering that the biggest part of the world uses the metric system and A-sized pages.

Forcing imperial units has no benefits at all, it only annoys the users outside US and Canada.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deleting unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop

I highly recommend that Adobe updates a feature to delete all unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop instead of a file by file case.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the SPREAD NAMES for the reviewers

Add the name of each spread in "share for review". Right now they're rename "1-2-3-etc." and it may be confusing for people that receive the document to know what spread is what when we named it already in Indesign (ex : Facebook publicity, Newspaper publicity, Website, Poster, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep wth Next able to keep with more than 5 lines

The ‘Keep with Next’ feature is very useful, but why is it limited to 5 lines. A max of ten would be far more useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include chapter number in index

I'd like to include the chapter number as prefix for the page numbers in the index.

Background:
    I have a book with 60 documents. Each document has another chapter number and page numbering restarts in every document at 1. The chapter number is separately styled, so that it is an eyecatcher.

The index for the whole book is placed in document 1. For a useful index I need the chapter numbers!

My current workaround is:
    Before I update the index I enable the option "Include section prefix in page numbering" in EVERY document. Then I update my index and then…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adjust Layout - Off by default please.

Finding the new Adjust Layout in InDesign 2019 a bit of a liability as is turned ON by default.

Can you please add a setting to turn off globally and turn on only when needed? Currently doesn't seem possible.

Thanks

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

20. screen mode button is gone

Screen mode button has been removed from tool bar and there's no way to add it back in MUST HAVE SCREEN MODE BUTTON IN TOP TOOLBAR where it has always been in the past.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base