1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4921 results found

1. Turn on/off show spell check in PREVIEW or other screen modes. Not just NORMAL

When switching between NORMAL screen Mode to PREVIEW mode I still want any spelling errors to show. This would be great in any screen mode with some kind of a toggle button. In fact, the ability to show various hidden paragraph and character formatting would be brilliant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Layer palette extra option

Some option where the palette could/would autoshow the active layer - specifically when you have a lot of layers. Currently have docs with 100+ layers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Glossary

Microsoft Word had a really neat Glossary entry feature which allowed you to store your most commonly used words/phrases, and call them up with a key command. I have dumped Word in favor of using InDesign for all my word processing, since I can have style sheets and do everything else I want inside this wonderful program…except glossary feature. I don't know if that would add too much clutter to InDesign, which I wouldn't like, but if it could be added on, wow, would that be a powerful feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow spread view documents published online to be downloaded as single page view pdf's.

An InDesign document in a spread, 2-page view format that is published online turns into the same spread, 2-page view when it's downloaded as a pdf. It would be nice to add a control in the online version to allow the view to select one or two-page formats in the pdf that they downlaod.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scheduled Export & Scheduled Export Queue

Sometimes with larger documents, Exporting can slow down Indesign, or can even render my computer useless at this time.

It would be a great option to be able to schedule the Export option for a time of my choice (at night when I know I wont be using my computer for example) as to not slow the computer down when I need to use it most. I envision the file still needing to be left open in Indesign for it to schedule and export correctly... But what I imagine is you would still choose all your options and everything as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please, please, please support Emacs-style key bindings...

...at least for macOS. Virtually all macOS apps, especially those developed by Apple, support Emacs-style key binding that are incredibly useful for text navigation and text selection purposes. As an almost daily use of InDesign—and a 26-year employee of Adobe—I would very much like to see this supported. Most of the commands involve the use of the "control" key, which appears to be unused for InDesign keyboard shortcuts, so this is likely to be a no-brainer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. cross references: character styles and case

At present, a cross reference takes its case from the destination. If I have used small caps for the destination style, but am referencing it from within text, I want to capitalise the term, but the cross reference takes its case from the destination, not the typed text.

To get what I want I have to cause a problem for the cross reference (yellow triangle with exclamation mark) and manually fix the capital start letter, or use hyperlinks and text anchor – a two-step action making a destination and hypherlink that cross referencing was supposed to fix.

It would save…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Form Button Functionality Post to Social Media

Add a functionality option to form buttons that would allow for posting to social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.). This would allow the user to post an image of the form to social media (without the button showing) This would allow designers to create "form templates" that would allow the users even in Reader to post to social media.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to merge from PDF page other than page 1

It would be great t have the option to use a pdf in a merge and be able to specify which page of the pdf is to be used, instead of it just being the first page all the time.

Instead of just specifying filename in the mergefield, could we specify page number as well?

eg something like:

c:\docs\mypdf.pdf:2

to use page 2 of a pdf.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Character Style contestual to Paragraph Style

Suppose you have a text, for example an introduction, with some word (i.e. titles) in Italic in it. Now you decide that this text must be in Italic. So, all the titles in it that were in Italic must be in plain.
    In CSS this is easy to do; you'll have something like span.title { font-style: italic; } with the variant p.intro span.title { font-style: normal; }.
    I think it's a necessity quite frequent. In other similar scenario you may have to use different colors, different weights.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. InDesign Encoder

Hi fellows and Adobe Community?

I work every day on Adobe softwares like Photoshop Illustrator InDesign and also on Premiere Pro and After Effect.
    Today, I would like to point something and I let you join this conversation and leave comments.

One thing I really appreciate with Premiere and After, is that I can still work on my projects while I'm exporting videos or animations in Media Encoder. One thing I don't really like using InDdesign, is that when I'm doing an export file, PDF or JPG or whatever, I cannot keep going work in InDesign.

Hey Adobe crew. Is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. H&Js

Please add several built-in H&Js that we can preselect and let us create and also let us save our own so that we can reuse them in different styles and different documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Help page gives incorrect information regarding PageMaker file conversion

Searched InDesign support for "pagemaker file conversion"
    The top article (dated March 2017) is titled "Convert QuarkXPress and PageMaker documents to InDesign". Here's the address of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/converting-quarkxpress-pagemaker-documents.html This article is part of the "InDesign CC User Guide." In the right hand column, it says it applies to InDesign CC. The first sentence in the Pagemaker section is "InDesign can convert document and template files from Adobe PageMaker 6.0 and later." It proceeds to give directions. I have come to find out that these instructions cannot be followed in InDesign CC, but only in InDesign CS6. This resulted in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow to navigate between book files with PgUp and PgDn

F.e. hitting PgDn at end of opened document which is in book should open next document in book on 1st page or switch to 1st page of next document if already opened.
    Obviously it should works with PgUp at start of document.

Just like it works in Framemaker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. improve software stability and cpu usage

ID has become increasingly unstable and memory hogging -
    I'm using an 18-month old MacBook Pro; software regularly crashes; hogs cpu resources; slows mac down (performance significantly improves when I disable all adobe software) and unable to load files after ID software updates.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the color of the hidden conditional text indicator match the color assigned to the condition

Currently, the color of the hidden conditional text indicator is orange. But why orange?why not something more useful? We are able to assign specific colors to each condition, so why not extend those colors to the hidden conditional text indicator as well? Right now, in order to see which condition is applied to hidden conditional text, we have to hover over it and hope that the tooltip pops up. Like this: http://documentgeek.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-see-hidden-conditional-text-in.html

But if there are number of hidden conditions, that trick doesn't work. At the very least, color-code the eyeball in the story editor. In the story editor, you…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Additional Conditional text options

I do a lot of publishing work, and one of the banes in the day of a Publishing Designer, is changing spines, it would be great is there was a conditional text option that enabled me to drag a box to the spine width and for that box to report it's width!
    In an ideal world if it could also report the height so we can show the height and width of a book, it would be fabulous!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Variables in formatting

Instead of using absolute values in formatting dialogues, let us define and use variables.

I often work in long documents and have dozens of styles. Using the leading for my body copy as a reference many other formatting options will use the same value or fractions or multiples of that value. Body copy might use 14 point leading with 7 points of space between paragraphs. Subheads might have an extra 7 points above. Main heads might use 21 point or 28 point leading. Bullets might use 14 points for the indent. If I need to change my leading I need…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In-paragraph autonumerated lists

Quite often we have to create numbered lists, each element of which is a separate paragraph with a number or letter in front of it. But sometimes we need to build a long list that will be contained in one paragraph (enumeration), (for example, a) ...; b) ...; ... n) ... or 1) ...; 2) ...; ... 999). ). When such a list is being edited (its parts are added or deleted), such indexes also need to be edited manually, which takes a lot of time.

My idea is to add a new marker type (such as a page number…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Faster way of following hyperlinks

Make it so Ctrl-clicking a hyperlink (or cross-reference) takes you to the destination instead of having to clumsily open a dialog box, find the link, and push the corresponding button. (Didn't Pagemaker do this long ago?)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base