How can we improve InDesign?

Export interactive Document to animated GIF / or Animate CC

When making simple basic animations in InDesign I cannot work anymore with them when trying to export as «animated GIF Banner». It would be working when Animate CC could directly import my InDesign File with the working timeline … but that's not possible :-(

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Roy Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this too. I am involved in scripting heavily automated InDesign files, and to be able to save as an Animate CC format would be awesome. I am not sure how scriptable Animate CC is in itself.

• Brian Tippets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to second the ability to export simple animations as an animated gif from InDesign. It's odd that there are animation abilities in InDesign but you can't export them to anything that is useful for web. You can export a SWF and FLA file which are basically useless and antiquated. Now, I realize that InDesign isn't really meant for this kind of task, but if you are including simple animation abilities in the program, you should still be able to export it out in a modern, useful file. All I'm doing is designing some web banners and would like to do a couple simple fades for a gif. They're easy to apply in InDesign, but then you can't do anything with them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base