Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
7734 results found
-
Indesign struggling to do anything and lagging
I haven't had a problem with Indesign when I started using it, but the more I use it the more a pain it is being. I am a university student for graphic design and we need to use Indesign to create our portfolios. It started with a little lag when trying to scroll, but now I sruggle to get into the app, it takes hours and when I finally get in the app it takes more hours to open my portfolios. Once I am finally in my portfolio and want to start doing my work, even just moving the mouse…
1 vote -
Issues with running GREP formula more than once
InDesign Version: 21.4.1
I am formatting an Author Index. Some of the authors in the book that I am working on come in with multiple authors per paragraph with the corresponding page number listed once at the end. I use GREP to separate the authors onto their own lines with the page number.
GREP formula:
Find: ^(.+?), (.+)\t(\d+)$
Change To : $1\t$3\r$2\t$3The format I start with:
Coby Morvinski, Yaniv Shani 1086The format I finish with:
Coby Morvinski 1086
Yaniv Shani 1086I have to run this formula multiple times so that it separates the larger groups (there can…
1 vote -
PDF export do not work with big documents
Indesign 21.4.1
Mac mini M4 24 GB
Tahoe 26.5.2 (25F84)Document 1834 pages
3 colums
It contains only running text—no images—using paragraph and character styles. It is entirely in Times New Roman. The document is simple, though it is quite long.It creates a 0 KB PDF file and just keeps spinning without ever finishing. There are no error messages. The "Force Quit" menu shows nothing unusual.
It is impossible to print using any of the "Adobe PDF Settings" options—such as "Press Quality," "High Quality Print," etc.
A friend tried printing the file from an older version of InDesign on a…
1 vote -
InDesign becomes unresponsive when working with images – cursor disappears, text disappears, application cannot be closed I am experiencing
InDesign becomes unresponsive when working with images – cursor disappears, text disappears, application cannot be closed
I am experiencing serious stability problems with Adobe InDesign on Windows 11.
I previously reported a text display problem where text would randomly disappear from a text frame while still being present in the Story Editor. That problem has also occurred in the current version.
However, I have now noticed a second, very serious problem:
As long as I work only with text, InDesign works normally. As soon as I start working with images, the problems begin.
For example, when I place an image:…1 vote -
InDesign paragraph borders and rules fail PDF/UA-1 accessibility (Unmarked Content Error)
Hello,
I would like to report a persistent PDF/UA compliance bug regarding Paragraph Borders and Paragraph Rules exported from InDesign 21.4.1.
[Description of the issue]
When using the built-in "Paragraph Borders" or "Paragraph Rules" features within Paragraph Styles, InDesign fails to correctly tag or artifact the generated vector lines upon PDF export, even when the export tagging for the style is forced to a specific tag (like H2 or P) and "Create Tagged PDF" is checked.As a result, tools like Adobe Acrobat Preflight (PDF/UA-1 validation profile) and axesCheck return a critical compliance error: "Content neither marked as artifact nor…
1 vote -
CC Libraries thumbnail transparency
In InDesign 2026, CC Libraries does not correctly preview transparent white vector assets. “Show Transparency Grid” only displays the transparency grid outside the asset’s bounding box. The area inside the bounding box remains white, making white logos and icons invisible. For example, a round white logo is shown as a blank white square. The asset is transparent when placed in the document, so the issue affects the CC Libraries thumbnail only. Local InDesign Libraries show the object contours in the layer color, but CC Libraries offer no comparable visibility option.
Would prefer either:
- A transparent box with white preview…1 vote -
can't convert PDF files
Indesign is currently failing to open PDF and Illustrator files. The Covert dialogue pops up and takes a very long time to process before returning a failure message. Error says "some features in the PDF" are to blame, but it's happening with even previously good files and .ai files as well.
Issue initially presented on latest version (24.1.1); tried reinstalling, then tried uninstalling that and dialing back to version 21.0.2. Same issue every time, even on files I worked on previously with no issue. Have rebooted my system multiple times, no change. Sample PDF attached.
Windows 11 enterprise x64
AMD…1 vote -
Color Issue on Appearance Panel
When trying to change the color on the appearance panel, there is an audible sound on my MacBook, like I can't select it.
I have an example, a regular rectangle, I tried to change the color under the appearance panel and it makes that sound and it won't let me change the color. Ive deleted and reinstalled inDesign, cleared settings, restarted the computer, and the issue persists. I've also opened different files, and new files for testing it and it still does the same thing. I'm on the lates version 21.4.1, not on a beta of macOS either.1 vote -
Modal dialog boxes appear behind InDesign window on macOS + excessive resource usage
I am experiencing two recurring problems while using Adobe InDesign on my iMac. The most disruptive is that modal dialog boxes are appearing behind the main InDesign window instead of in front of it.
Problem 1 – Dialog boxes appearing behind the InDesign workspace
When InDesign opens a dialog box, the dialog sometimes appears behind the main InDesign document/workspace window.
Because the dialog is modal, InDesign will not allow me to continue working normally until I respond to it. However, I cannot see the dialog because it is hidden behind the main InDesign window.
Initially this made it appear as…
0 votes -
Everything on my screen goes invisible
When working in a document, everything on my screen goes invisible. It's all still there because I can select it and get the selection boxes but can't see it. This happens sporadically and there does not seem to be a certain thing that triggers it.
1 vote -
Data Merge with CSV file not working
Using Indesign 21.5 trying to use Data Merge with a CSV file keeps giving me error that says "There is some error while parsing. Please check your data file."
The exact same CSV file using data merge works in Indesign version 20.5.4 with no issue - all links/images import.1 vote -
More robust solution for importing PDF comments
The current solution doesn't work on the long run.
InDesign crashes suddenly very often when trying to import PDF comments, with no warning whatsoever.Being caused by small changes in ID files, metadatas, auto-install updates of indesign etc. these PDF comments become impossible to use within InDesign after a couple of weeks or more.
With 300+ comments, it takes ages to apply the modifications. Importing PDF comments is so time saving that not being able to use it is frustrating.- It would be at least great to accept the import and synchronized across the pages, if not on the text…
1 vote -
Slow even with RTX 4070.
I've used Adobe products for about 20 years, with all sorts of computers, good and bad, but it has always been a pleasant experience. But since 2-3 years ago, everything changed. I now really struggle on any app really even on top specs computers, in, photoshop, indesign, lightroom but especially Indesign. I have a Dell XPS with RTX 3070 desktop AND XPS RTX 4070 laptop. Both really amazing and new computers. Any other non-adobe software works flawlessly. Tried all the recommendation from Adobe, talked to technicians, still really laggy and worse with each updates...Unsubscribed after many thousand of dollars worth…
1 vote -
Bug de l'outil de révision
Bonjour à tous.
Depuis ce jour, je rencontre un problème très pénible avec l'outil de révision. Un décalage s'est produit entre les marques de révisions qui avaient été créées et les pages auxquelles elles étaient attachées... De plus tout les révisions avec du texte sélectionné ou barré sont parties se logées en haut à gauche de la planche concernées... Un truc de fou qui me met bien dans l'embarras pour faire le gros travail de correction que j'ai à faire....1 vote -
Fix file performance lag caused by GREP styles
I love GREP styles, but the tend to slow down file performance. Sometimes significantly.
Please fix.1 vote -
InDesign (21.4.1) freezes trying to link (bind) a picture (pdf, jpg, png) in a document
InDesign (21.4.1) freezes trying to link (bind) a picture (pdf, jpg, png) in a document
InDesign (21.4.1) freezes trying to link (bind) a picture (pdf, jpg, png) in a document and then crashes. It is impossible to work with the program to edit anything for printing.1 vote -
InDesign Save, Save As and Close become disabled on macOS 27 beta while document remains modified; false background-task lock and data-loss
Product information
- Product: Adobe InDesign
- Primary affected version: InDesign 2026 21.4.1
- Other affected versions: [add versions tested]
- Operating system: macOS 27 beta [exact version/build]
- Platform: Apple silicon
- Severity: Critical / potential data loss
- Reproducibility: Frequent but intermittent
Report text
Problem description
InDesign repeatedly enters a save-locked state during ordinary editing on the macOS 27 beta.
After several successful saves, an open and modified .indd document suddenly can no longer be saved. The document tab continues to display the modified-document asterisk, but the following commands are disabled:
- Save
- Save As
- Save a Copy
- Revert
Closing the document is also unavailable or…
1 voteHello Alberto,
Thank you for the detailed report of the issue you are facing. We would like to investigate this further.
To help us do that, please put all the test files, screenshots, etc. in a folder and put it in a shareable location (like Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.) and share the link with us.
Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
--
Adobe InDesign team
-
non funziona lo strumento contagocce
lo strumento contagocce non funziona quando devo copiare le caratterisce di un testo,
con gli ultimi aggiornamenti ha smesso di funzionare, l'ho usato molto ed è molto comodo.
1 vote -
Indesign freezes and Crashes when attempting to delete a row
I am having an issue where InDesign is freezing and crashing after I try to delete a table row.
I am unable to attach a DMP file even though your documentation asks for it.
Only thing that seems to mitigate it is copying the INDD file, but the issue comes back after I work for a while.
Using 21.4.1 x64 on Windows 11
1 vote -
Error 18 - Publish Online Failure
When publishing online, InDesign (latest version) is consistently giving error 18 and failing to publish. I've viewed the help center recommendations and have logged out and back in of the Creative Cloud and have changed networks with no success.
In addition, viewing pages through EPUB Interactivity Preview is met with a blank pages.
The ability to publish online is necessary to complete work tasks - a quick resolution would be very appreciated. Thank you.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?