Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export to PDF function crash in InDesign 15.1

Today I have updated to InDesign 15.1 and when I try to export to PDF the application immediately crash.

This happen even I change the type of export (small dimension, print, etc.).

I'm using windows 10 pro ver. 1909 build 18363.836, and Indesign 15.1 x64.

The system start to work but the application crash at 16% of the export.

The problem seems connected with something on the file, because I try to export another project and it work perfectly.

The file was all "green" in the preliminary checks panel.

And I notice that the system crash also using other function,…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. spellchecker causes InDesign to crash

I've had this occur across multiple files; some new, some old.
    I cannot stop the behaviour from happening despite cache and com. dumps, prefernence resets, etc. - whenever I run Spellchecker InDesign disappears/crashes. I'm losing money constantly as I'm a designer who outputs a lot of multi page brochures, books, magazines, etc. and my efficiency has ground to a halt.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. InDesign 2021 keeps crashing

InDesign has crashed about 5 times since updating the other day. My team is also having the same problem. Mac and PC.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html )

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :
    • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
    • Video recording of the crash?
    • Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you provide the document(s)/asset(s) to us? Please package the entire document (To package the document, choose File → Package…)

Adobe InDesign Team

4. InDesign freezes while working with "Scale Tool"

When using the "Scale Tool", every 4 or 5 times or so the app freezes at the dialog box and there's no way to exit. You have to force quit the app and hope that your work is autosaved. Unacceptable and only started happening recently.

InDesign 15.1.1 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

HELP!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. InDesign 2021 goes into non-responding state when trying to close the application

Version of Adobe InDesign: 16.0
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Unable to quit normally since 16.0 install
    Expected result: Quit normally
    Actual result: App hangs

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share for Review link creation

I click on share to review. When I go to update the link, the wheel just spins and spins. It gets stuck and will not update my link. I've tried signing in and out of creative cloud, which has worked before, but it isn't working now. I can't get the latest version of my document to my client because it won't update.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Indesign 2021, 2020, CC 2019 crashes on Mac, both on Catalina and on BigSur.

Hello,
    I keep having issues with Indesign (2019 and 2021 version, respectively on Mac Catalina and Mac BigSur) that continuously closes and will not reopen all files. I have reset the preferences of indesign through the commands listed on the help center and I have also cleared the caches in the recovery folder of Indesign.I have been in contact yesterday with the live support (where the operator had the control over my computer) in the chat, but also the operator could not fix this issue. This problem however does not occur on a windows computer. This is quite an urgent…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. InDesign stalls with with new MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

InDesign is stalling (pausing for up to 30 second) regularly on my new MacBook Air with the Silicon M1 chip. I know it is an Intel Based program but I don't think the emulator is working. Shouldn't Rosetta 2 download automatically when I use InDesign? I presume you (the good folks at Adobe) are working to make it native to the new chip. Happy Holidays. Seth

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Indesign 2021, there were never more crashes. Please quickly update with bug fix! Thanks!!!

Indesign 2021, there were never more crashes. Please quickly update with bug fix! Thanks!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Presentation mode (shift+w) glitch in catalina

Indesign CC 2019 running on a 15-inch, 2018 Mac, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 6 core, 32GB memory, with Catalina iOS 10.15.

Every time i enter the "presentation mode", the first page i visualize looks good, when i move with the keyboard arrows to another page it visualizes glithces.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Indesign 2021 V16.01 crashes every time I open it

I have the most updated version of InDesign however it keeps crashes every time that I open it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello, I am using online document sharing to retrieve comments directly into inDesign. Unfortunately, the name of the correctors are display

Hello,
    I am using online document sharing to retrieve comments directly into inDesign.
    Unfortunately, the name of the correctors are displayed but their comments are invisible (text crossed out, underlined or added text).
    A small blue wheel spins next to the filters icon.
    Moreover, since this document sharing online, InDesign crashes every open.
    Thanks for your help

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The character sequence -xx'-x crashes InDesign 2021 (v 16.0) on Mac

The sequence of letters -xx'-x crashes InDesign 2021 (v 16.0) as soon as you write this sequence yourself, copy or mark a letter from it (e.g. to change the text size) or do a search for this string, in a normal text field.

To reproduce the issue, simply write -xx'-x into a text field in InDesign 2021 or copy it into the text field. The X'x can be replaced here by other normal letters, upper and lower case doesn't seem to matter. The crash seems not to happen if the last X is a special character like ";" or "!…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. InDesign 2021 crashes when opening some panels

For example, I select some text and click to open the Hyperlinks panel. ID crashes straight away.

Or I select an anchored object, right click to select Anchored Object > Options. The panel comes up with 'Inline' selected and then I click on 'Above Line'. It crashes straight away.

I've had a similar problem working in tables, when I right click to delete a row, it crashes immediately.

I've had to go back to 2020 to be able to work on some of my documents.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html )

• Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you provide the document(s)/asset(s) to us? Please package the entire document (To package the document, choose File → Package…)

Adobe InDesign Team

15. Indesign 16.0.1 sometimes crashes when saving

Indesign 16.0.1 on my month-old iMac, crashes daily usually when I'm saving my 80 page catalog, I don't know when it will happen. The book contains links from Drive, Dropbox and another computer.

Yesterday's crash damaged the file but luckily I could use a recently saved version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. InDesign won't open

I'm working in Windows 10, Adobe InDesign version 16. I only recently updated to this version and it is unusable. At first it allowed me to open an .indd file, but then refused to open another until I rebooted. I did this multiple times with a group of files that I need to complete. After a day of this, now InDesign 16 crashes without ever opening whether I try to open it on its own or through clicking on an .indd file. I then removed it and installed version 15.1.3, but when I attempt to open my files, it says…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. InDesign (not responding)

Under OSX 10.15.7,
    AMD Radeon R9 M370X
    Type:GPU
    Bus: PCIe

Intel Iris Pro
    Type:GPU

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InDesign 16.0.1 can't recover file from crash

Running InDesign 16.0.1 on Catalina. Mac workstation connected SMB to Windows server.

InDesign crashes shortly after working in a different program and returning to InDesign. Report the crash then try to reopen InDesign from doc icon (or CC). It crashes again. Report, reopen from doc icon (or CC, or in applications folder). Get error message that InDesign crashed trying to load the recovery file, can't locate the recovery file. In order to open InDesign I must click "no" to not try to recover the file.

I have reset preferences, created a new workspace (instead of using previous version's saved workspace),…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe InDesign Team

20. text crash

Every time I select a text box or select/highlight the content, InDesign crashes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base