1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simplify hyperlink process

I've been using Indesign for over a decade but still can't fully understand the hyperlinking process. For example, what is the difference between New hyperlink destination and New hyperlink? (I've read about the difference but still find it kludgy.) What couldn't the process be as simple as when defining a paragraph/character/object style sheet in ID? Why can't I add simple page links to text (sometimes it works, other times it doesn't). Why does the hyperlink panel only provide a URL shortcut and not a simple Go to page #? And why can't I rename previously used hyperlinks by simply double…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let baseline shift be expressed as a percentage of the font size

If I've created a paragraph style, sometimes I add a character style with a different size for specific purposes, usually either a bullet point or a quote mark (to highlight a pullquote, for example).

In practice, this means a bullet point is usually smaller, and the quote mark is larger than the rest of the paragraph text. I alter this size as a horizontal and vertical scale, NOT a specific size in points, as this lets the characters scale in proportion when I alter the type size of the paragraph style.

However, I usually also include a baseline shift in…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Table appearances preview

When changing the appearance of a table you have to highlight the table which is in Black. So when you want to preview the changes you cannot see what changes you have made.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skip Page Numbers

Please create the option of deleting some pages from the numbering sequence. I use tabs in my documents and being able to skip them from the automatic numbering would save me so much time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Go back to a specific page"

"Go back to a specific page" - meaning if I have text links in the file and move from page 10 to page 110, give me an easy way to return to where I came from. In this case, page 10. Like a back button navigating through webpages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cross Reference / Hyperlink - EDITING FACILTY

Overview
    I work on large catalogues all day (over 500 pages) and unfortunately the previous designers didnt have a naming convention for the hundreds of cross references. As a result its a MESS of meaningless names and broken links.

Research.
    I have looked over the internet to find a solution but there doesn't seem to be one (i found a script that looked promising but it didn't work).

Request.
    It would be great to have a panel that lists all the links/cross ref. in the document that allows you to RENAME, DELETE or EDIT the existing links.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to not include InCopy Assignments when Packaging an InDesign file.

When using the Package feature, we need an option to choose whether or not to include InCopy .icml assignment links. I need to send a packaged InDesgin document with links, fonts, etc. to 3rd party designers. They won't need the InCopy assignments, and I don't want missing link error messages when they open the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import GIF Animations

It could be great to animate a document for presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Revert back so files can be moved or renamed while the file is open

If you have a file open and make changes, then move the icon to another folder, or change the document name. This corrupts the file until the icon has been put back in the original place or renamed back to the original title. This causes lots of problems if you have multiple indesign files open and you are moving them around the computer as you work on different projects throughout the day. It is very easy to loose all of your work if you can’t remember the exact location of the original file or the exact name of the document…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notes for images/picture-frames (InCopy)

It's possible to select some text to attach a note, but it's not possible to select images to attach notes (for example the editor like to have the image brighter and like to communicate this to the designer)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to open or otherwise import/place Microsoft Publisher files directly.

As a commercial printer, we often receive customer created work in Publisher files. Working with these documents in InDesign would be a huge timesaver.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Workspace – Why can't Workspace preferences be applied to all devices?

I currently use three (sometimes 4) Apple Macs in various locations around the country as I move from office to office. I understand the constraints re logging computers in and out of my account (no problem there), but why can't my Workspace preferences be shared amongst the computers? After all Adobe know who I am, they know what computer I'm using, they've loaded my CC libraries, surely applying my Workspace preferences to all of my devices by default, can't be that difficult?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Diagnostic tool for Pre-flighting files/fonts

Diagnostic tool for Pre-flighting files/fonts

Indesign says it can't copy necessary files? But what files are those? why is there a problem? The information provided is weak, and needs to be stronger and support a better workflow. I think designs want better informational tools and pre-flighting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spelling

Please add option to check spelling of all middle eastern languages such as Persian and Arabic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cache remote/server images on local drive for high quality display preview

Yesterday I was working on a document from another office so the server wasn't in the building. I was working on graphics that required hi-res display so I could use them as a guide, but because they were all on the server the performance was abysmal. I realised after a while what the problem was, copied them to my local hard drive and re-linked so everything was much faster.

InDesign should be able to do this automatically: when a large image is not on the local drive, a copy of it could live in a cache somewhere to be used…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the cursor to change from black to red, or any colour in spectrum (colour blind)

Create a colour cursor option to change colour from black to red/green/blue/etc. I find extremely difficult to follow the black cursor in InDesign as it competes with the various Application Frames./dropdown menus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Endnotes from Word as plain text, please. Just like it used to be.

Could you please add the option to InDesign to import Word files with endnotes as plain text? Just like it used to be?
    The new footnote and endnote features are disastrous for my work as a book designer.
    InDesign shouldn't become a text processor, I think. It is a design tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. how can I import a twitter feed or even embed a tweet? I'm NOT a programmer and don't know html or any coding but I pay alot for adobe.

how can I import a twitter feed or even embed a tweet? I'm NOT a programmer and don't know html or any coding but I pay alot for adobe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable switching of pages in imported pdfs

I wish there was a way to change the page of an imported multi-page pdf instead of going to relink the image (to the same file) and selecting the page with the import options clicked. This would save me so much time. All it would require is a page up/down button in the links palette that would only be visible when a multi page pdf was linked in the document.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base