1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. visibility of the Colorsetting in menu bar

I often work in different color settings for newspaper printing or offset printing. It seems convenient to me if I can see the current color setting as a notification in the menu bar. Also usefull for other applications as well like Illustrator and Photoshop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text Variable as a consecutive number

Possibility of defining and inserting a text variable as a consecutive number of the list.
    Thanks to this variable it will be possible to number subsequent words in a sentence. For example (1) thing, (2) thing, (3) thing etc, or thing1, thing2, thing3 etc. There are infinitely many possibilities. Verse of poetry at the end of the verse etc. References to comments which are not endnotes or footnotes (without laborious definition of cross references). Sometimes it is necessary to list the words or any fragment of text within a paragraph, or to add numbered references to comments inside the text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Indesign freeze or shut down right away at the opening

Indesign freeze or shut down right away at the opening
    if someone know what to do please help me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Onion skin layer for design notes to developer

Was just chatting with our UX lead and we thought it'd be great to have a master layer, fixed to the top of the layer panel called something like 'Design Notes' make handoff to dev easier with a few design notes included in the file itself but not a distraction when not needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. REPLACING A PLACED ITEM SHOULD NOT INCREASE OR DECREASE THE SIZE OF THE NEW ITEM.

When you have a box with a placed item and you go to replace the item, the program should not INCREASE or DECREASE the percentage of the place item to fill the box. (Just cost me a client)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "arrange document"

Enhanced 'Arrange Documents' features

It would be very helpful if one could apply keyboard shortcuts to 'Arrange Documents' options (Consolidate All, Tile All in Grid, Tile All Vertically, etc.) It would also be awesome if we could save our own frequently used layouts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show warning if you try to spellcheck checked-in text

If you spellcheck a text which is checked in no changes will be made. You only get the information that 0 changes were made. This behaviour may be logically correct, but it i user-unfriendly.
    Please inform the user that he/she is spell-checking a checked-in text. Plus: Allow him/her at this point to check out the text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Annoying dialogs, option to “don’t show again”...

Is there some universal way to turn off unnecessary dialogs?

For example when I click to publish a document for online, I get an annoying dialog that says "Are you sure you want to update..." (see attached).

Why is this dialog necessary? I can just re-publish if there was some mistake. It just slows things down. Some dialogs like this do have a "don't show me this again" option, but not here... why?

In general, I find the plethora of "Do you really want to..." dialogs disruptive and unnecessary. Except for something critical, or something you can't undo, why do…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. find and replace only on specific pages in stead of the whole document

please ad an option ware you can find and replace but you can also narow it to just selected pages instead of the whole document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. smart templates and content

We would like to have an option ware lets say you have basic shipping marks template and you use it in different files, that you then can update the template design and that it then changes also in the files in with it ware used. because we use a lot of the same content over different files but we need to update each and every one every time we make a change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search and replace fonts and colors on a part of your document or selected text

Replacing fonts or colors on specific pages of or selected text would come in handy and save me lots of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Would like to be able to ignore specific flags in Preflight

When preflighting a file, I would like to be able to choose to ignore specific flags that are brought up, that do not actually pose a threat to processing, while keeping in place the original settings that caused the flag to begin with (as in most cases it is an issue that needs to be fixed).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A way to chose where you would like to save your links, INDD file, etc when "packaging" a file.

When working on projects with multiple large books, we would appreciate a way to "package" a file, yet save all of the links for each book in a Master Links Library folder, fonts in a Master Fonts Library folder, and PDFs in a designated folder.

Additionally, it would be awesome if there was a way to preflight a file and ensure that all links are linking to a specific master links folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In Indesign interactive PDF buttons set link destination options for opening the url

In Indesign interactive PDF buttons set link destination options for opening the url

like blank page, self etc...just like in html is possible.

So when you view a interactive PDF online and you click on a link the destination opens in a new window or tab, just like you selected in Indesign. And not only in the window you are viewing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show which layer is printing in the slug area.

We often have to print specific layers to be sure our art is on the correct layer for printing. It would be especially helpful to us to see which layer is printed along with the page information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Live color update when using color picker on a fill

When an object that can be filled is selected i can't use the color picker to see a new color without clicking OK repeatedly to see how it looks. Why can't it update in real time?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Blending mode (effect pannel) Text and forms as a mask with the next image

Dear Adobe, could you make it possible to add behind a text or form a picture - like in photoshop with masks. May be it would be possible to integrate it as a effect (blending mode) to have mark the layer as a mask (black) mask (white) - this would help a lot making much faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More than just the single Links folder when packaging.

It would be nice to be able to preserve my file structure when packaging a book. Just separate folders for images, docs, table, etc. There are a lot of files in a 500-600 page technical manual with 50-60 documents/chapters, and it's a pain to sort through when everything gets dropped into a single Links folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow multiple bookmarks to be dragged at once to reorder in bookmarks panel

In the Bookmarks panel, you can select multiple bookmarks simultaneously, but you can't then do anything with them. It would be nice to be able to move several bookmarks at once when reordering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base