2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4916 results found

1. Maintain Scripts when updating

My Adobe Indesign was recently updated to a newer version. Every time this happens I lose the scripts that were installed to make the program more productive. It would be great if you could update to a newer version of InDesign and not have to reinstall your scripts every time you update the program.

When you update Indesign it can remember your preferences. Why can't it remember your scripts as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Crops Marks should automatically offset the same distance as the bleed

I does not make any sense that the default offset for crop marks is less than .125" There isn't a finishing trim method that can use crop marks closer than that. The default 0.0833 in setting is useless for production. It only causes problems and renders the bleed virtually useless.

I work in grand format print and the problem is far worse. We require .5" or 2" bleed consistently for gallery wraps, museum exhibits etc. We constantly get pdfs from clients where the bleed is 2" but the crop marks are only 0.0833" away from the page size. This renders…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add unicode categories to the list of available GREP choices

If you've ever had to write out a GREP code and weren't sure of the character, you can click on the @ to call up a list of known codes to choose from while in the find/change menu OR the GREP styles panel.
    However, there is a selection that is missing that GREP in InDesign is known to handle, and that is unicode categories:
    https://www.regular-expressions.info/unicode.html
    for example, if I type into the GREP find field - right now - the following code:
    \p{Zs}
    I know that InDesign's GREP will find all spaces except tabs and returns. However, this isn't an…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Menu Toolbar

AOL helpline and Customer support is always available for AOL users. AOL provides round the clock assistance as it values its users more than anything.

E-mail services provided by AOL holds a renowned position in the online market. These services are used by millions of users across the globe to communicate and disseminate information to each other. We all must have encountered some sort of glitch while using an e-mail service. Similarly, there are occasions when AOL service users face unexpected errors. These errors can be technical or mechanical or even systematic in some cases. Well, whatever the type of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Objets graphiques (comme dans After Effects)

Avoir la possibilité de créer des Objets graphiques (comme dans After Effects) pour les styles paragraphe, caractère et objet donnant la possibilité de variables, de variantes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Copy dependent files to Links on save

Can we please have a checkbox in the Save dialog that enables us to automatically collect all dependent files to the Links folder when saving the file?

I know there is an option to copy links to a folder but this is a manual process. I think the option I’ve described above will alleviate many issues with people unknowingly leaving links in their Downloads folder etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhanced Full Vertical Justification feature

Currently, InDesign's vertical justification is very basic and has several drawbacks that render it useless for professional layout.
    1. Very limited Control. The only parameter you can set is the additional gap that will be added between paragraphs.
    2. Beyond that threshold, InDesign adds gaps between the paragraph lines - a typographical catastrophe, without any possibility for control.
    3. The VJ control is and text frame attribute and not in the paragraph style level' which causes un proportional separation between headlines and text - again, typographically un expectable.
    4. The alignment is done without any consideration to the amount of…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Interactive > Set Tab Order - greater sorting options

Allow the panel that opens when Interactive > Set Tab Order is invoked to be much larger so as to be able to sort interactive objects more easily. Allow them to be nested into groups to allow easier order sorting. Highlight actual object on page when selected in the order so as to easily identified when sorting large numbers.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give Indesign Online Flipbook features

I would love to use PublishOnline instead of paying for Issuu separately, but the flipbook functionality is abrasive (not smooth page turning). If it could have a better page-turning feature (ideally options for how the transitions happen) I would be willing to look past the loss of other features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Indesign Lite

Comment - Adobe should come out with InDesign Lite - sell it like Photoshop Elements - NOT A SUBSCRIPTION. I don't need or want all the bells and whistles of Indesign - give me Lite! Becoming an issue because of the new Mac update to Catalina won't support earlier Indesign. Moving to open source alternatives.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Indesign should Natively already have the capability 2 expensive 3rd party plugins add. EasyCatalog and in5 should not be needed at all.

EasyCatalog plugin by 65bit vastly improves Indeisgn's terrrible and dated Data automation and catalogue ability. It is expensive and adds features indesign should do much better by now. Same is true for in5 a plug in to add html 5 export ability and makes up for the total abandonment of the DPS options. Lucidpress offers better digital magaizne options and spreadsheet linking at the moment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Snap to frame edges/layers

In Photoshop, there are very robust options for snapping to guides, grids, layers, document bounds, etc. each of which can be turned on and off individually.

In InDesign, snapping is much more limited and it is only possible to snap to guides. This means that whenever snapping is desired, guides must be created, which is an extra step that could be streamlined by expanding snapping options to be more like Photoshop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Expand on notes

Expand on notes to include anchors on ranges of text and shapes. Additionally, allow notes to display on margins when exporting to PDF.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3Dconnecxion SpaceMouse Support

Please send request to 3Dconnexion company (www.3dconnexion.com), and ask them to add support for their SpaceMouse on InDesign. They wrote me the request should come from you. They already support Photoshop & Acrobat.
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. remove canvas size limits for wide format printing _ or make an option to work in 10% scale mode

Either remove the limitations or provide a "10% mode" that can be switched to (with a click of a button) that calculates dimensions and gives a visual representation of the artwork degradation of the files after enlarging to 100%

actually anything that would help large format printers - which is a large part of your user base - but seems to be forgotten during your program design stage

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use Nearest Available Font Weight Instead of "Unavailable" Error

When switching fonts, instead of generating an "unavailable font" error when a font weight doesn't exist, automatically use the closest available weight based on the previous setting.
    For example, when switching from a font that has Black to a font that only has Bold or Regular, simply use the closest available weight e.g. Bold, rather than generating the "unavailable" error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great to have an option in InDesign to select/check several Queries in Find/Change window.

Hello Adobe,
    I have a suggestion.
    It would be great to have an option in InDesign to select/check several Queries in Find/Change window.
    Example in attachment.
    Kind Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 page pdf from multiple pages

create 2 page pdfs from a multiple page document, it already allows this as spreads but not as one page following another

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendar & layout

I have noticed that whenever I try to create a calendar in InDesign there is not a practical way to place the day and month automatically.
    For example, the software allowed me to place the number in order form one to 31 but I cannot place the date automatically, like Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and so on.
    I wish this indesign engineers can figure out a way you can add Recurring date and month autumnally. Just like the number I know that I can make a master page and the numbers can appear in order I want the software to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base