1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Image Object page break

Make a page break for an image object become a separate page/xhtml doc in epub export. Not just something in the code, but an actual page, so that that if I say page break before image or after or both, it separates the image onto it's own xhtml doc and truly breaks it. Just like the split page export option in a para style, this would be helpful for objects to be treated the same way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paragraph Overrides

You used to be able to hover your mouse over a paragraph style in the paragraph style panel that had an override (plus sign). When you hovered over this style it would display a tool tip showing you what was overriding that style. This no longer works.

InDesign magazine has even written an article about it... https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-get-tooltips-working-again.php

The only way to fix this problem is to resize the panel. Every time you need to see what is overriding a style you have to resize the panel meaning you may have to resize the panel dozens of times for a document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. highlight hyphenations

A great feature would be if InDesign could highlight automatic hyphenations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Kerning Manager Palette

Many fonts have badly kerning values, to correct these faults, we should have the precise control through the font in a document or to be permanent for the font used in ID, until the user rechange the kerning pairs values again. In some cases, the font kerning values are good, but the user likes to modify these values in a document, such as many swashes fonts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to move guides and objects at same time

Need to move grids of guides / objects to different area of page, cannot move all at once to keep aligned together..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Font tool and Character panel lockup

When selecting a font from the character panel or selecting text from a document after opening the file InDesign locks up. It happens without fail since the update and the lockup time range from a minute to going on 5 minutes plus (finally just restart the app).

PC Version on Windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. InDesign Book (indb) icon

The icon for indd and indb are almost identical. when looking at a folder full of indesign docs it can be a bit difficult to quickly recognize the book file.

Would be nice if the book file was a different color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. visibility of the Colorsetting in menu bar

I often work in different color settings for newspaper printing or offset printing. It seems convenient to me if I can see the current color setting as a notification in the menu bar. Also usefull for other applications as well like Illustrator and Photoshop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a keep option in cell styles

For cell styles, add the "Keep with next row" option so that it doesn't have to be done manually for each desired cell.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit Styles/Access Style Options dialog from Properties panel

It is easy to create a new style via the Properties panel, but cumbersome to edit styles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preflight options

Most of us have a set of Preflight Options which we embed in the document. There are cases where the preflight error is intended and is not an error at all. LikeI highlight 'Non Proportional Scaling'.There are cases where I want un-proportional scaling of images. It would be nice that we could select these cases and mark them as non-errors. There are other cases like 'Bleed/Trim hazards which' are placed at the edge of a page on purpose.
    In this way, once the error is chosen and selected as 'non-error' we will not get them marked as errors.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove Adjust Content from InDesign (or disable it)

When changing margins there is a new box that says "Adjust Content". This totally screws up your files if you don't uncheck it. I cannot find a way to disable the" adjust content" permanently. It should probably be either a preference or just removed from InDesign completely as it doesn't perform any useful function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Text Variable as a consecutive number

Possibility of defining and inserting a text variable as a consecutive number of the list.
    Thanks to this variable it will be possible to number subsequent words in a sentence. For example (1) thing, (2) thing, (3) thing etc, or thing1, thing2, thing3 etc. There are infinitely many possibilities. Verse of poetry at the end of the verse etc. References to comments which are not endnotes or footnotes (without laborious definition of cross references). Sometimes it is necessary to list the words or any fragment of text within a paragraph, or to add numbered references to comments inside the text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to open or otherwise import/place Microsoft Publisher files directly.

As a commercial printer, we often receive customer created work in Publisher files. Working with these documents in InDesign would be a huge timesaver.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Border also as character style instead of only paragraph style

Title describes itself. I would like to have the ability to "span" one or more characters instead of a whole paragraph and assign a border to them. Just like I'm able to do with css

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Folder structure in saved queries

I need to organize saved Search/Replace queries into folders. Just like styles.

(Now I have a few dozens of queries in a very long list. Plus some document/workflow has special queries, so I don't want mix them. A folder structure would be more straightforward)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ENHANCED CROSS-REFERENCES - FOOTNOTES

I was working on a document where the client had references in footnotes to other references: e.g. "See footnote 6". It would be great to have that be an auto updating cross-reference. (like paragraph numbers or page numbers work now)

You can already choose the "footnote" paragraph style, but the reference footnote number cannot be included in the script. Please fix that

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Swapping Images Command

Please develop Swapping Images Command in Indesign so very easy to swap pictures each other in the document for everywhere means in table or frame.
    Even Big to Small or small to big jus select to frame or table and press the command or shortcuts key of swapping images and It's very useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unlock UI when dialog box open

I would like to be ale to work on more than one pararagrapg or object while a dialog box is open. For instance, I’d like to be able to open the Paragraph Styles panel while in a paragraph then be able to click in another paragraph without having to close then reopen the panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base