1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide/Filter pages in pages panel AND navigation

I got myself in a workflow where I would have a document having sections organised like that : title page / content page / title page / content page…
    I have to go back and forth between the content pages, and sometimes between the title pages.
    That helps to compare what has changed and what’s consistent between the pages.
    So I try to not distract my eye by either going to the pages panel or by ctrl-page up with the « title pages » interruption (think about the (now long gone) photoshop cmd-Z to undo/redo and spot differences.

If Title…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save/open template with basis name instead of untitled.indd

It would be nice if it would be possible to save an InDesign-template with something like a basis-name (like "COMPANYXYbusinesscard").
    For example: I create a template with the basis-name "COMPANYXYbusinesscard".
    So if I have to create a new business card for "company XY" I just open my template and press "save". The name "COMPANYXYbusinesscard" is already in the name field instead of the usual "untitled.indd". Now I only have to add the name of the person who gets the new card instead of entering the whole "COMPANY_XY..." name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Place Photoshop artboards into InDesign

We need to be able to place Photoshop artboards into InDesign.

This should work similar to placing Illustrator artboards or placing pages from a PDF or another InDesign file.

Thanks.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Backlog  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for the info. This is indeed correct that since the various artboards come in as a layers the dimensions are of the entire document which can be problematic. Adding this to our backlog.

4. "Go back to a specific page"

"Go back to a specific page" - meaning if I have text links in the file and move from page 10 to page 110, give me an easy way to return to where I came from. In this case, page 10. Like a back button navigating through webpages. This is for PUBLISH ONLINE

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Changing Paragraph Style in InCopy story does not prompt check-out dialog

1. InDesign 13.1 and 14.0 both exhibit this behavior.

2. If you have an InCopy story that is not checked out to you, and you attempt to change a paragraph or character style, the following happens:

• The style change does not take effect (this is correct)
    • The newly-selected style appears to be selected in the paragraph style panel (incorrect)
    • The "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?" dialog does not appear. (incorrect)
    1. I expect the "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?"…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ePub presets

Export to ePub presets, like there are for print and PDF. Kind of a "best practices" export reset that could be customized for periodical projects.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Applying Master pages to 'all even' or 'all odd' pages

Applying Master pages to 'all even' or 'all odd' pages - would be handy when working with large documents, rather than manually typing or cmd+shift the pages to include.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi All, thanks for this feature suggestion.

If I understand this correctly the idea here is that you need a faster way to be able to apply Master Pages to the various pages in the document. One use case is that you want to apply a particular master page to Even and Odd pages.

Are there other such scenarios too, where you need more support. It would be helpful if you can mention other such scenarios.

Thanks

8. enable paragraph style groups to be added to CC libraries

Can you create the ability to group paragraph styles in CC libraries as they can in an InDesign file or template.
    The idea is to have various groups of styles that apply to different document types that we create, and be able to share these across users in the company.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color/swatches Library

In PS and AI, there're a lot of built-in color/gradient libraries, and when you want to select a color, you ca just append them or open a color library, but in indesign, there're no ways you can do so, a lot of the color selecting work is done by guessing unless you know which color you want to choose

I hope there will be a built-in color library (if the interactive buttons can have a built-in library and why don't we add a sample color library?

I know the "Official" way to do this is using Adove Color Theme Panel,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improving footnote dialog

My proposal is to enable the ID program has more than one group of footnotes, or precisely two groups, with unique numbering each. The first which is being put under the text or at the end of a chapter, the ordinary ones. This as all know for referring or explaining the text.
    The second is to be on the outer side margin of a page and out of the text block limits, to mension the diffirences of original manuscripts of the old and complex books, encyclopedias linked captions, or special explaining or commencing, I mean for more specialized use.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outline stroke

I think it'd be handy if you could draw a line and convert it to a shape, like in Illustrator.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Column view for index panel

Column view for index panel would be very convenient when working with large indexes. With this feature a large index could be edited and viewed on an external monitor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't include title in table of contents

It is not always preferable to include a title with a table of content. Up till now it is not possible to choose if you need the title yes or no. So it is always placed and has to be removed every time one updates the TOC. Please add a checkbox to place the title or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add »Units and Increments« to the Properties Panel

Often used and changed preferences in InDesign are the one found in »Units and Increments«. It would be a great workflow enhancement to have this as a part of the new Properties Panel if nothing is selected.

This would save users the time to go into the Preferences if they want to change them. Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need much larger document size

The max 5468mm document size is very small and makes large posters, signage, wallpaper and murals very difficult to create in Adobe. To make things worse Acrobat will not export to 5468mm so this can cause more issue.

This has been an issue for years now and really as a professional standard program its not good enough.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GREP styles as stand-alone named styles

I use GREP styles a lot, and they are very convenient! But I often have to use the same GREP styles in different paragraph styles. Sometimes they consist of rather complex long expressions, and their transfer to another publication becomes difficult and time-consuming. GREP styles should be placed in a separate list, similar to the other stylesheets, and each of them must have its own name, with which they can be included in the paragraph style.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Media Panel - PDF options of Video playback

Would be good if you could have more control over the behaviour of a video once output to PDF.

Currently all videos properties are set to "disable Content is selected from the context menu"
    As a result I then have to edit each video property individually in acrobat DC to set it to
    "The page containing the content is closed"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a preference to have to toggle the checkbox default for "Name with Color Value"

Add a preference to the InDesign Preferences panel so that the checkbox default for Name with Color Value can be set. When creating a new swatch in a document, the default is for the checkbox to be on, but checking the box off changes the name to New Color Swatch. Fine if you're adding one color or many colors in a row, but if adding colors in new documents all the time, this gets annoying.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add the possibility to place multi-page ID and PDF files like multiple images with gridify function

When placing a multi-page InDesign or PDF file it should be possible to use the gridify function the same way as when users place multiple images.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the cursor to change from black to red, or any colour in spectrum (colour blind)

Create a colour cursor option to change colour from black to red/green/blue/etc. I find extremely difficult to follow the black cursor in InDesign as it competes with the various Application Frames./dropdown menus.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base