1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring this little feature from XD to InDesign

Check the video. Very easy to implement. I do not understand, why you have not already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Changing User Options for Documents Already Published using Publish Online

I have published several documents using the Publish Online feature in InDesign and then decided to change how readers interact with the online publication, i.e., allow download, allow sharing, etc. when such options were not indicated initially. Right now it looks like the only way to change the options is to re-publish the document and indicate the new options. It's a nightmare, particularly when a document published just fine the first time around, and generates error messages in trying to re-publish. I hope there's an easy answer to this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Wanted to understand this a little more.

Currently if the user tries to re-publish a document the user has 2 options, either “Publish New document” or “Update Existing Document”.

Choosing Update Existing lets the user update an already published document, such that the URL generated remains the same. So in effect this should work very similar to what has been described here as a problem.

Can you try this out (if not already) and let me know how this works for you.

Thanks
    Javed

3. Vignette effect for frames

Hi guys,

This would be a killing feature. There's NO WAY to automatically assign a vignette effect to a photo frame. I order to do that I have to:

1) Emulate the effect . by assigning inner shadow to a frame. This is kind of ok but it has probblems: it's not a propper vignette (vignettes actually affect corners, kind of a radial gradient) and there is no way to apply a size that is relative to the frame (I know, this is not even possible anywhere).

2) On a picture, I can select the content of the frame (the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the ability to not enable overrides in class

the ability to not enable overrides in class this way when I pull in title to the TOC it does not pull in overides in the headline styled text

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to include Blacklining option

Some of our clients requires Blacklining feature in InDesign to track the corrections between previous versions of InDesign, currently we're managing this requirement with third-part plugin, called Blacklining.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vertical Justification in InDesign CC

We'd like to include smart Vertical Justification (VJ) feature in InDesign without disturbing the leading spaces. VJ feature to be enhanced with many customized rules such as adjust the style above spaces, avoiding space adjustments between the particular styles, creating lines to adjust the base alignments at the end of each page and the facing pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Symbol for automatic hyphen in Find/Change

It would be great, if we could search for words, that are hyphenated automatically at a specific position (I do not mean discretionary hyphens, but those, created automatically from InDesign’s hyphenation module). Therefore a special search character would be useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow manual reordering of Conditions

In all the other panel, we have the ability to sort by name, and arrange the items within groups. But the Conditional Text Panel sorts exclusively alphanumerically.

I would like a way to sort Conditions manually, and to group them into parent-child relationships. Like this: https://indesignsecrets.com/finally-conditional-text.php

I also like how InDesign allows us to highlight pages, so we can view them more easily. I want the same feature for Conditional text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link OS Work Documents

Currently only supports linking to Excel docs for Tables which also loses all table formatting and Header ID. This feature is in need of an update overall and inclusion of the Mac programs would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Layers panel addressing one page at a time (even with spreads) for 508 compliancy

My agency has to do a lot of remediation to our files to meet accessibility requirements. Currently we use the layers panel to arrange objects on the page so that the reading order makes sense when the PDFs are read using assistive software. With files set up in spreads, all items on the spread are considered in the reading order despite the final PDF being output as single pages. It would be nice if the layers panel could be configured to address one page at a time (vs. two pages, as it is now). For simple projects, the spread approach…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mimic Text Box

For Example: If you have a list of people and you create a text box for each person that has a number in the text box.

Further in the document you would have a map that also has the numbers showing which person is situated where.

What would be very helpful is to have those 2 numbers (1 and 1, 2 and 2, etc.) be able to auto update the other.

So when someone is removed from the list, the person numbered 10 originally now becomes 9, which also auto updates on the map

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Import files from Apple pages

In last time I got more and more Apple-pages-files as text-source. It would be great if you could import them without detours through other file formats.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Thank You.

Here’s something you might not hear often. Thank you. This new uservoice setup for logging bugs and suggestions is awesome. So many great constructive ideas on here and you do a good job implementing the popular ones. Unlike other apps that seem totally oblivious to user feedback (looking at you, Acrobat!), indesign has been getting genuinely better with every recent update. It’s exciting to see new user-recommended features put in place. Please continue listening to popular feedback requests and avoid changing things just for the sake of change (looking at you again, Acrobat).

PS Can you go over to whatever…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have the option to make page numbers as words (one, two, three).

Make it possible to add page numbers as words (one, two, three) as opposed to just numbers and roman numerals.
    Also make it possible to integrate this with things such as the Table of Contents feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove Adobe Stock ads

There is an ad for Adobe Stock at the bottom of the open/new document window. Since we have a paid subscription , I don't want to see any ads. If not, I'll move us to another product. The constant appearance makes it seem as though Adobe is only concerned about increasing revenue and not about helping users or aiding in their experience. This area could be used for InDesign tips and tricks.

By the way, I was told this was a feature, but it's a paid feature that I don't want or need to see, since we'll never use this…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't place a .tif file without background to a InDesign.

Can't place a .tif file without background to a InDesign. When I try to do it i see white background. Everything works fine in Illustrator. I import the same .tif to Illustrator and everything works properly. Why?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to now "unmerge" table cells Indesign CC 2019

Hi, when I merge a table cell and then try to unmerge a table cell it is no longer possible. Greyed out in menu and no way of doing it. Would be great if this was fixed urgently.
    Cheers
    Gia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the example shown by you, you’re trying to ‘Unmerge Cells’ of a Single-Row Table after merging these cells in a previous step. This has not been possible in any of the versions of InDesign till now.
    This would require a new implementation altogether and would thus fall under a Feature Request category.
    We’re moving it to the Feature Requests page.

Thanks,
    Adobe InDesign team

19. Typographer's Quotes Override

For some users, straight quotes and apostrophes are the bane of our existence. The Use Typographer's Quotes checkbox is in Preferences>Type is (strangely) document-dependent and may switch off if you have a document open that originated on another machine.
    It's rather annoying to have to keep popping back into Preferences. Is there a possibility we could have an option to have it ALWAYS enabled, so that it overrides individual document settings?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search Function in the Layer's Panel

To add to "Inline search filter for all styles panels and swatches", not just list of styles but list of objects within the layer panel. Like Photoshop's layer search.

I use Photoshop quite a bit and found that the search function within the layers panel very helpful when I have MANY layers and I need to find a certain item (see image below). Well, with InDesign, I might have only one layer but TONS of objects in each. So a search function would be incredibly helpful in finding that object.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base