When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Now we have 'borders' and 'shading', can we have the ability to have transparencies on these?

Now that we have Borders and Shading, can we have the ability to have transparencies on these? Please?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG/Feature: Make "Fit Frame to Content" finally work with rotated/skewd content

This is an oversight for…like how many versions?

Try to rotate your image inside your picture box, and use Object » "Fit Frame to Content".

Normally, with no modification with the content, the feature works well. But if theres rotation, geez, its way off!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Command to break frame into individual frames for each column

Invoking the command would create individual text frames for each of the columns so they can be manipulated individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Links panel - use arrow keys to view each linked file's attributes

Often in large documents i like to check the attributes (ex. color space, effective PPI, etc.) of each linked file in the "Links" panel before packaging everything for the print company. Would be really nice to be able to use the arrow keys to move up and down this list instead of having to click on each file individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Absolute page numbers as a text variable

I propose adding "Absolute Page Number" as a text variable. Similar to Last Page Number, "Absolute Page Number" would allow the document creator to place the absolute page number of the layout onto a page while also using another page numbering system (sections, roman numerals, etc.).

With long documents now both being used in whole or separated into parts by clients, this would allow InDesign users to fulfill the issue of having a page carry two numbering schemes at the same time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Split and even out footnotes in a two column layout

We work on academic books, and academics love footnotes. When working with a two-column layout, the footnotes of each column appear at the bottom of that column. So far so good. But when there are a lot of footnotes things get messy, one column can be 50% filled with footnotes and the column next to it can have only 1-2 lines of footnotes (or even none). This doesn't look particularly nice.

We are wondering if there is a way to even them out?

I know it is possible to set the footnotes in one-column, but that doesn't look good. Would…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add and option to auto-convert RGB images to CMYK in Indesign, instead of doing it in Photoshop

When we package any file from Indesign, we many times need to make sure, that all images are in CMYK color profile before sending it to printer. We get warnings if images aren't in CMYK, but it would be nice to have an option to auto-convert all images to CMYK, instead of individually going in Photoshop.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Blurring part or full of an image for better readability

for some cowed images that we have to use it needs to blur some part of an image and for that we need to go to in photoshop and blur that image and come back to InDesign
    why you not adding an option into blurring part an image or whole of it

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Importing raw files

If importing feature raw files will possible, Photographers and layout artists are be happy for a very long time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Package items included on pasteboard

Basically our agency puts together loads of creative presentations in inDesign.

A great way to do this is having mock-ups on main page, but build an associated inDesign editable graphic and we normally put that to the side so if we need to make changes we can do on fly and get the editable file right which we can then very quickly update a PSD smart object mock-up for example. So we can keep all workings in one ID doc and it is easy to manage.

But if you package work it doesn’t include pasteboard links and I can get…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Animated zoom even without HiDPI screen. My Indesign CC doesn't support the feature yet my Illustrator CC on the exact same system setup doe

Animated zoom even without HiDPI screen. My Indesign CC doesn't support the feature yet my Illustrator CC on the exact same system setup does and is buttery smooth. Surely if Illustrator can do it on the exact same system Indesign can too?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add "expand stroke" option

I do a lot of drawing in Indesign and often need to "expand" strokes. This feature exists in Illustrator and I use it frequently, but the round-trip is cumbersome and time-consuming. Please bring this basic feature over to ID.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need much larger document size

The max 5468mm document size is very small and makes large posters, signage, wallpaper and murals very difficult to create in Adobe. To make things worse Acrobat will not export to 5468mm so this can cause more issue.

This has been an issue for years now and really as a professional standard program its not good enough.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graphic Bullets

The ability to use a graphic as a bullet. Kind of like Powerpoint for Indesign.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ruler guide color should be an inline feature in the tool panel

Changing ruler guide colors requires too many steps (Layout > Ruler Guides > Change color > Ok). When a guide is selected, guide color should be (also) configurable in the tool panel. This would make it feel a lot more 'instant'.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple Value Storage in under 'Align: Distribute Spacing'

Rather than only having one "use spacing" option under Align: Distribute Spacing, it would be fantastic if there could be multiple values - selectable in the same way as they are now (with a checkbox).

I find myself constantly having to override the value in the "use spacing" box but only going back and forth between two options (1p0 and 2p0). It's all for a rather complicated publication that is a weekly task (and occupies a few days per week) but find myself wishing I had the same option for most other projects I work on.

It's minor, but would…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. data merge multiple records: right to left

A right to left option when putting multiple records per page. Useful when printing backs of tags, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Links panel: Place time

In "Links panel" we already have the option to add or change the columns displaying usefull info about the linked object. Choosing "Place Date" is an option to show the date when the object was placed.
    Now... it would be neat if, in addition, the column could show the "time" as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Ignore Text Wrap" checkbox in Toolbar / Accessible in Quick Apply

1. A box in the Toolbar to check "Ignore text wrap" - for this box; And either/or make the command accessible in the quick apply list.

2. I find that I am doing this a lot to play around with designs to adapt - or not - to a image run-around. I don't want to have to find if there is a shortcut that might address this or a script.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. color labels onto style-groups

I would appreciate to have the possibility giving colors to style groups. Like the layer-labels in Photoshop. If you have many styles, you would have a better optical separation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base