1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split and even out footnotes in a two column layout

We work on academic books, and academics love footnotes. When working with a two-column layout, the footnotes of each column appear at the bottom of that column. So far so good. But when there are a lot of footnotes things get messy, one column can be 50% filled with footnotes and the column next to it can have only 1-2 lines of footnotes (or even none). This doesn't look particularly nice.

We are wondering if there is a way to even them out?

I know it is possible to set the footnotes in one-column, but that doesn't look good. Would…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Missing Link, Copy Path in Link Info - Path:

Under the LINKS in Link Info, the Path:(s) Location we should be able to select and copy to ease relocating and relinking missing files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Package items included on pasteboard

Basically our agency puts together loads of creative presentations in inDesign.

A great way to do this is having mock-ups on main page, but build an associated inDesign editable graphic and we normally put that to the side so if we need to make changes we can do on fly and get the editable file right which we can then very quickly update a PSD smart object mock-up for example. So we can keep all workings in one ID doc and it is easy to manage.

But if you package work it doesn’t include pasteboard links and I can get…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make the text size in panels bigger.

It is hard to read the headings and the small instructions in the panels. It would be great if you as a user could adjust the size. not only the size of panels (when you drag to make it bigger) but also of the tect inside of the panels.

If this alternative already excist please give me a hint.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow me to hide/unhide some tools on main tool panel

some tools (page tool, gap tool, content collector) are rarely used and I'd like to stop accidentally selecting them, I'd like to hide some of them some of the time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Align points on a path using direct selection and the Align tool like AI does

Make it possible to select points on a path via Direct selection and then use the Align tool them to each other like AI allows. This would make drawing precise lines far easier.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Now we have 'borders' and 'shading', can we have the ability to have transparencies on these?

Now that we have Borders and Shading, can we have the ability to have transparencies on these? Please?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Repeat Grid

I'd love to see the Adobe XD Repeat Grid function redeveloped into InDesign. This would be invaluable to many publication designers that have repetitive layouts. Master Pages are great, but I think if it incorporated the repeat grid, it would increase workflow efficiency.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG/Feature: Make "Fit Frame to Content" finally work with rotated/skewd content

This is an oversight for…like how many versions?

Try to rotate your image inside your picture box, and use Object » "Fit Frame to Content".

Normally, with no modification with the content, the feature works well. But if theres rotation, geez, its way off!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Command to break frame into individual frames for each column

Invoking the command would create individual text frames for each of the columns so they can be manipulated individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Frame / Cell strokes and border-radius more like CSS

As an extension of the idea 'Allow different coloured/weight strokes for sides of a text box' - I would like this to apply to table cells as well.

I use InDesign to do high-fidelity web UI mockups. It would be really nice if there were more options which corresponded directly to CSS.

What we would need is the ability to set a per-object or global equivalent to "box-sizing: border-box", so that stroke weights don't add to the size of a table cell, but always render aligned to the inside.

Secondly, give regular text frames the same editing ability as table…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Links panel - use arrow keys to view each linked file's attributes

Often in large documents i like to check the attributes (ex. color space, effective PPI, etc.) of each linked file in the "Links" panel before packaging everything for the print company. Would be really nice to be able to use the arrow keys to move up and down this list instead of having to click on each file individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Effect presets

When working across projects, I tend to take a screenshot of effect settings I use and then manually type adjust them to be the same. I wish we could save effect presets so I can just quick apply ones I use frequently.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Absolute page numbers as a text variable

I propose adding "Absolute Page Number" as a text variable. Similar to Last Page Number, "Absolute Page Number" would allow the document creator to place the absolute page number of the layout onto a page while also using another page numbering system (sections, roman numerals, etc.).

With long documents now both being used in whole or separated into parts by clients, this would allow InDesign users to fulfill the issue of having a page carry two numbering schemes at the same time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add and option to auto-convert RGB images to CMYK in Indesign, instead of doing it in Photoshop

When we package any file from Indesign, we many times need to make sure, that all images are in CMYK color profile before sending it to printer. We get warnings if images aren't in CMYK, but it would be nice to have an option to auto-convert all images to CMYK, instead of individually going in Photoshop.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Importing raw files

If importing feature raw files will possible, Photographers and layout artists are be happy for a very long time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add the possibility to place multi-page ID and PDF files like multiple images with gridify function

When placing a multi-page InDesign or PDF file it should be possible to use the gridify function the same way as when users place multiple images.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Animated zoom even without HiDPI screen. My Indesign CC doesn't support the feature yet my Illustrator CC on the exact same system setup doe

Animated zoom even without HiDPI screen. My Indesign CC doesn't support the feature yet my Illustrator CC on the exact same system setup does and is buttery smooth. Surely if Illustrator can do it on the exact same system Indesign can too?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add "expand stroke" option

I do a lot of drawing in Indesign and often need to "expand" strokes. This feature exists in Illustrator and I use it frequently, but the round-trip is cumbersome and time-consuming. Please bring this basic feature over to ID.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base