1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improvement suggestions ‘paragraph’ menu

Baseline grid value ‘increment every’ field in paragraph menu.
    - Now you have to go to preferences first. It is a significant option for layout.

Reset option for 'left indent' and 'first line left indent'. Reset to 0/0
    - annoying that I first have to adjust the bottom input field and then the upper one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Place > (Show Import Options)

I use this feature daily and would so prefer to use my keyboard arrow keys to cycle through the image thumbnails than the tiny dialogue box arrows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. select page on PDF place with drag and drop

When I drag & drop a multipage PDF it place ever the first page. It could be useful a shortcut to select the other page

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add Object Layer options also for TIFF files format that support layers

Object Layer Options are accessible for Photoshop and Illustrator and PDF files. It would be great to have that for TIFF files as well.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Blurring part or full of an image for better readability

for some cowed images that we have to use it needs to blur some part of an image and for that we need to go to in photoshop and blur that image and come back to InDesign
    why you not adding an option into blurring part an image or whole of it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Footnotes -- align to bottom of page

I have struggled for hours and searched everything I can find to learn if Adobe has EVER YET come up with a method to align footnotes to the exact bottom of a page or text frame. Mine ride a little high here, a little low there, depending on various things happening in the main text, so that I can't get a consistent align-to-bottom and always must deal with this. CONSIDER THIS. When inserting a footnote, automatically create a separate text frame that can then be manipulated -- its alignment set to bottom, for instance. Now, THAT seems a no-brainer and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. links on shares broken - Mac/Windows

If you link assets from a server-share on an Windows-PC and open the InDesign-file on a Mac, the links are maintained (if you work with links in UNC style: file://server/share/path/to/image.jpg; mapped shares don't work).
    In the other direction (Mac -> Windows) the links are broken. Would be nice if it would work also in this direction.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign

I recently attended the Adobe Symposium in Sydney, Australia, (as well as Adobe MAX in Las Vegas) and could not escape the phrase "Adobe Sensei" - Adobe's artificial intelligence software.

That said, is there any ability to implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign for any of the following purposes:

* Create a new indesign document based on a scan (for example, if I wanted to quickly create an invoice for a customer and all they had was a previously printed sample, I could scan the invoice and Adobe Sensei would do the rest, resulting in an InDesign file with type…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when using the GAP tool, allow to enter the space size.

When i have a collage of many images and I want to have all the spacing between the images the same exact amount, entering a desired size will be a huge help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MacBook Pro Touchbar

To format text and paragraphs in InDesign I use shortcuts all the time. In really increases my work speed. Unfortunately these only work with a number pad. The MacBook Pro doesn't have a number pad. Could you extend this funktion to either other keys, the touchbar or fn-key combinations?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Placed Vector image line weight override

I work primarily with line art vector files created for instruction sheets. We create the views using a 3D modeling program, save them as PDFs, and then edit them in Illustrator. The images are then placed in InDesign and scaled to fit the page along with the other content. The problem is that the scaled line art stroke weight will scale larger or smaller as it is changed.

I'm requesting a simple option or override the line weights of the vector files to match... a style? Or even allow them to be edited via the stroke panel? Right-click on the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. file / open recent (preview small thumbnail)

Hi - I would find it really useful if there was a feature - file / open recent (preview small thumbnail) . Sometimes the file name itself isn't enough, in particular if you are working on lots of files quickly. if there was a thumbnail at file/open recent it would help to locate the particular file better.

love indesign - thank you.

Peter

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow me to hide/unhide some tools on main tool panel

some tools (page tool, gap tool, content collector) are rarely used and I'd like to stop accidentally selecting them, I'd like to hide some of them some of the time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graphic Bullets

The ability to use a graphic as a bullet. Kind of like Powerpoint for Indesign.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding an option to increase the anchor point handle size

Adding an option to increase the anchor point handle size, to make them easier to select

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ruler guide color should be an inline feature in the tool panel

Changing ruler guide colors requires too many steps (Layout > Ruler Guides > Change color > Ok). When a guide is selected, guide color should be (also) configurable in the tool panel. This would make it feel a lot more 'instant'.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to preselect row and column guide color when using 'Create Guides'

When you now create guides using the 'Create Guides' function, all guides are default guide color. You need to manually select the guides again / individually to change the guide color. It would make a lot more sense to have the guide color-dropdown present in the 'Create Guides'-window (one for rows, one for columns). This would play nicely with my other open feature requests considering ruler guides.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Seamless editing between applications.

I want to be able to place a creative asset inside InDesign, then right click and choose "edit in Photoshop" or "edit in Illustrator", and any saved changes would reflect in the original InDesign document.

For example, I inserted an old PDF file into InDesign because it contains a logo which I do not have the vector file anymore then resized the image block to only show the logo and not the rest of the document. Now I want to create a new vector file of the logo in Illustrator, and it would save a lot of time and effort…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple Value Storage in under 'Align: Distribute Spacing'

Rather than only having one "use spacing" option under Align: Distribute Spacing, it would be fantastic if there could be multiple values - selectable in the same way as they are now (with a checkbox).

I find myself constantly having to override the value in the "use spacing" box but only going back and forth between two options (1p0 and 2p0). It's all for a rather complicated publication that is a weekly task (and occupies a few days per week) but find myself wishing I had the same option for most other projects I work on.

It's minor, but would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. List of all buttons in a file

We regularly have to create quite complex interactive PDFs with many buttons. It would be great to have a view like the Links panel that displays all of the buttons in a document, with where they go and which page they are on with a link to jump to that button (again like the Links panel).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base