1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Value Storage in under 'Align: Distribute Spacing'

Rather than only having one "use spacing" option under Align: Distribute Spacing, it would be fantastic if there could be multiple values - selectable in the same way as they are now (with a checkbox).

I find myself constantly having to override the value in the "use spacing" box but only going back and forth between two options (1p0 and 2p0). It's all for a rather complicated publication that is a weekly task (and occupies a few days per week) but find myself wishing I had the same option for most other projects I work on.

It's minor, but would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. List of all buttons in a file

We regularly have to create quite complex interactive PDFs with many buttons. It would be great to have a view like the Links panel that displays all of the buttons in a document, with where they go and which page they are on with a link to jump to that button (again like the Links panel).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Schema within InDesign

Currently, the InDesign Supports to load DTD in the XML structure. This would help us to validate XML within InDesign and it ensures the quality and time saving to the users as well.

The recent times we use to receive Schema from the customer. We cannot load Schema into InDesign since it does not support. The user tend to make many mistakes in XML in InDesign and unable to validate within InDesign. Currently, we validate XML against schema outside InDesign rather than within InDesign like DTD.

Great help to users if Schema is supports to Load in InDesign. This would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. color labels onto style-groups

I would appreciate to have the possibility giving colors to style groups. Like the layer-labels in Photoshop. If you have many styles, you would have a better optical separation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Image frames grow in height or width

Similar to the options that we have for text boxes, Autosize to height, width, both etc, could we do the same for images and then use the fit to frame options to control how the text boxes grow.

i.e you import and landscape image into a image holder, it is set to fit to height, but then the width grows or shrinks accordingly to fit the image. this can then effect text wrap.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Max size in Text Frame options.

Why is there a minimum size for text frames, but not a maximum size. We use Auto-size combined with text-wrap a lot with liquid layout templates to allow text to adapt to it's new sizes/dimensions. Occasionally it would be great if we could build a maximum size that the text box can grow too instead of giving it the minimum size.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Inline graphic text wrap

I'm a long time InDesign user but am baffled by the inline graphic options currently offered. That ID ignores text wrap settings of the pasted graphic is counter-intuitive, the need to place a paragraph causes unwanted spaces between paragraphs (should the graphic not extend to the full width of the text block), and the visual "anchor object" and "anchor position" options has the graphic jump all over the place without reflecting the usual anchor point behavior I expect. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot paste grouped object into graphic cell - when could previously.

Adobe InDesign CC, 2017.1 Release
    Version 12.1.0.56 x 64 build

I used to be able to paste a grouped object (for example, an image with a bit of text overlayed on it) into a graphic cell in a table. Currently this is not working - I can put a regular image (just a linked image) into a graphic cell, but as soon as I try to "paste into" a copied grouped object, it does not even offer paste into as an option.

This issue is present in tables used by multiple users in different files - not a bug in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  6 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase Search toolbar for link

Please improve the SEARCH BOX for the link window.
    When I need to relink a missing object, the window that open have a very small search box. It should be more big, maybe twice the actual size. Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

It would be interesting to have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

On the 1st image, an anchored object, impossible to have the option to add dynamic or static captions.

On the 2nd one, not an anchored object, it's possible to add dynamic or static captions

Indesign CC 2019, French version on MacOS Mojave.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Toggle Through Align-To Options

The ability to use a keyboard shortcut to toggle through "Align To:" options.

I'm constantly manually switching between, "Align to: Margin", "Align to: Page", and "Align to: Selection"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjust Layout - Columns change no longer works.

In older versions of InDesign, if you had Adjust Layout on, and changed the columns, the content of the page would adjust. Now if you change the column amount, Adjust Layout turns off. Please bring back the old feature, the new way and work around is terrible and also defeats the function of Master Pages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Place > (Show Import Options)

I use this feature daily and would so prefer to use my keyboard arrow keys to cycle through the image thumbnails than the tiny dialogue box arrows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Possibility to remap ALT Mouse Wheel for ZOOM

I do not find possibility to change ALT Mouse Wheel (for zooming). I prefer just Mouse Wheel to zoom (without ALT).
    Or at least to get rid of ALT, because it can be overtaken by OS for other tasks (in my case).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. select page on PDF place with drag and drop

When I drag & drop a multipage PDF it place ever the first page. It could be useful a shortcut to select the other page

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Footnotes -- align to bottom of page

I have struggled for hours and searched everything I can find to learn if Adobe has EVER YET come up with a method to align footnotes to the exact bottom of a page or text frame. Mine ride a little high here, a little low there, depending on various things happening in the main text, so that I can't get a consistent align-to-bottom and always must deal with this. CONSIDER THIS. When inserting a footnote, automatically create a separate text frame that can then be manipulated -- its alignment set to bottom, for instance. Now, THAT seems a no-brainer and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Images/PSD's to be set to overprint using attributes panel

Allow images/psd's to be set to overprint within indesign like text and fill options in the attributes panel, this will allow for complex printing requirements to be done more easily. for example if you need to overprint and image onto a white ink base that has been set to a spot colour so the printer can print white onto clear vinyl then print a CMYK image on top without the white ink base knocking out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. links on shares broken - Mac/Windows

If you link assets from a server-share on an Windows-PC and open the InDesign-file on a Mac, the links are maintained (if you work with links in UNC style: file://server/share/path/to/image.jpg; mapped shares don't work).
    In the other direction (Mac -> Windows) the links are broken. Would be nice if it would work also in this direction.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add the possibility to place multi-page ID and PDF files like multiple images with gridify function

When placing a multi-page InDesign or PDF file it should be possible to use the gridify function the same way as when users place multiple images.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign

I recently attended the Adobe Symposium in Sydney, Australia, (as well as Adobe MAX in Las Vegas) and could not escape the phrase "Adobe Sensei" - Adobe's artificial intelligence software.

That said, is there any ability to implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign for any of the following purposes:

• Create a new indesign document based on a scan (for example, if I wanted to quickly create an invoice for a customer and all they had was a previously printed sample, I could scan the invoice and Adobe Sensei would do the rest, resulting in an InDesign file with type and…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base