1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alt-text inside Links Panel

Can we have a column added to the Links Panel that lists the alt-text of the image so I can open/edit it from the links panel rather than finding it inside my document?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Borders on cells in a table

When adding a border (a stroke) to a cell-style for a table, I think it would be very usefull you can actually align the position of that stroke towards the cellframe. Like, for text-frames or image-frames you can choose "inside, outside or in the middle". For tables/cells, you can not. I often have to use a paragraph style with a paragraph border to get "more accurate" results. My screenshot will explain better.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preserve positioning data when pasting graphic from one frame to another

When I copy an image from one frame and paste it into another, I expect this action to preserve two sets of attributes: scaling factor and positioning data.

I get one out of two (scaling).

No offense, but QuarkXPress could do both back in 1990.

Why does this matter? Imagine a layout with a horizontal row of head shots, each in a separate frame of the same shape and size. Client says, "Oh, please move photo 3 to frame 10, and scoot everyone else up one frame."

I don't have to imagine this situation, as I'm currently working on a…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I need a way to relink images across all open documents.

When I go to relink an image that is now in a different folder, and that image is inside of 7 different files, I'd like to be able to tell one file where the image is, and the other ones can also use that same image, with some kind of toggle to disable that if for some reason I didn't want all the images to use it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make the Paragraph Style Options panel resizable

When on a laptop, opening the Paragraph Style Options takes almost the whole size of my laptop screen. There is no way to resize this, and it is almost impossible to view the effect of the changes you are making.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fit to Page

For presentation purposes, I find myself making a Picture Frame at Document Size a lot. Would be nice to have a 'Fit to Page' function to do this accurate and in one click.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a "relative to document" toggle to scale X and Y percentage

Add a "relative to document" toggle to scale X and Y percentage. So you can see the percentage of an object relative to the document size. This makes for easier scaling from different sizes. For instance if you have the toggle on and want to scale an object to 100% of the document width, just enter 100% and it will fill the complete width.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. column rules length option to set frame-based

I want the option to make the length of the column rules always the same as when there is no text.
    Currently, the length of a column rule changes with the amount of text, but I want an option that always makes this frame-based. This is the same as drawing with no text in the text frame.
    See Discussion,
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/%E6%AE%B5%E9%96%93%E7%BD%AB%E7%B7%9A%E3%81%8C%E5%86%85%E5%8C%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%AB%E6%BA%96%E3%81%98%E3%81%A6%E3%81%97%E3%81%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%BE%E3%81%99/m-p/10724655

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Place PDF comment text boxes into INDD as a text box

I have trained our marketing team to use the Acrobat commenting tools correctly so we can streamline our editing which is great now with the PDF import. However there are times when larger chunks of text are being added. They would draw a text box on the page with formatted text. It would be IDEAL if we could just click accept and the text box appeared in INDD. Then we can just format it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Placeholder Text Feature

Seeing as InDesign has interactive PDFs in mind giving us the ability to create forms easily and then export them as a PDF to open in Acrobat, I feel like a feature to inset placeholder text to fields shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

To clarify, I was hoping to find an option under the Buttons and Forms toolbox that allows us to check off a box for placeholder text so when someone types in the field the original text there is overwritten with the new content. Like a "W" for width and an "L" for length in field boxes…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Group Layers

It would be an easy but valuable addition to be able to group layers in InDesign like we can do in Photoshop. That would allow various "versions" of a document to be turned off an on, as well as organizing more complex documents. We can group paragraph styles and swatches – why not layers? Palette items should be groupable across the board, for a consistent interface.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. rotate item to match angle of another object, line segment, or curve point (add this to illustrator too please)

Fairly frequently as part of manipulating objects and graphics I need to rotate an object to align with the angle of another item or line segment. This is time consuming currently as I have to create a new orthogonal line, align it to touch a point on the reference object and then rotate both the new line and the other object with a set rotation point until the 'smart'guide' tells me ive intersected the reference line with my rotation. It would be much easier if rotation had an additional tool or in-guild feature where you could rotate an item -…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Preference to always select pages when placing multi-page PDF

When placing a multi-page PDF there should be a preference to always show import options. When I place a multi-page Word file I don’t only get the first page, I get the whole document. I should at least have the option to do this with PDFs.

I am aware that I can access Show Import Options when placing a file through a dialogue, but that is an extra step and it is unavailable when using drag-and-drop.

Please add a preference to “Show Import Options When Placing Multi-page Graphic Files.”

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. truly floating frames such as are available in FrameMaker

FrameMaker has a fabulous option for anchored frames that allows it to truly "float" in the sense that if the text flow causes the anchor to be too close to the bottom of the page, the floating frame will appear on the following page.
    With InDesign the frame will stay on the same page, appear at least partially above the anchor, in which case the text-wrap doesn't get applied so an image inside the frame would for example cover part of the text.
    So I would request to implement FrameMaker's version of floating frames!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add rows to margins and columns dialogue

Within the Margins & Columns dialogue box, it would be very powerful to be able to add a series of rows as well. Basically, bringing the baseline grid within the margins that a user can create in this dialogue box. It can behave exactly as the columns do, only they show up horizontally along with the columns. It may also be necessary to have a checkbox for gutters, I could see a use-case for having gutters or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Graphic/Image Gallery

A gallery displaying all included graphics/ images. I use Adobe Bridge for this, but having it incorporated into InDesign would be snazzy.

The feature would be very handy, if one has to pull out and rearrange a large number of graphics, to just drag them out from and then back in to the spread. If they are placed out on the pasteboard, I often 'lose' them and have to scroll up and down to find where they are 'parked'.

I have had to drag all the graphics out

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Manually adjust width of columns in text frame

When there are multiple columns in a text frame, the width of each column is automatically divided evenly between the number of columns and the width of the frame. It would be nice to be able to manually change the width of those columns so they are not automatically all the exact same width, or height for that matter. I'm thinking much like how columns in a table can be adjusted, and then when the whole table is changed you can elect to have the manually adjusted columns shift accordingly or not. It would be nice to get the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the option to create continuous/smooth curves when rounding corners.

A smooth or continuous curve makes a more smooth transition when rounding the corners of squares or rectangles, so the result is more like a squircle. This eliminates the "bump" where the straight line hits the corner and is more pleasing to the eyes. Sketch has this option when rounding corners and it would be fantastic to have it in InDesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Importer une même image dans plusieurs blocs, en une seule fois

J'ai plusieurs blocs, sur la même page, et je souhaite y importer (si les blocs sont vierges) ou remplacer (si les blocs ont déjà un visuel), en une seule fois, la même image.
    Actuellement, je dois sélectionner un à un les blocs, ou un à un l'image à remplacer. C'est long !
    D'une sélection multiples, dire que je veux importer autant de fois la même image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base