When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust Layout - Off by default please.

Finding the new Adjust Layout in InDesign 2019 a bit of a liability as is turned ON by default.

Can you please add a setting to turn off globally and turn on only when needed? Currently doesn't seem possible.

Thanks

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

108 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

2. Anchored Objects should be able to be sent to back so text can print above the object

It would be nice if text could print above an anchored object

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would like the Links panel to show status, resolution, color information for linked AI and PDF

It would be helpful to be able to view the following information for linked AI and PDF files in InDesign's links panel:

- Color space of linked AI and PDF files
    - Status of any links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files
    - Effective resolution for links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Indesign should Natively already have the capability 2 expensive 3rd party plugins add. EasyCatalog and in5 should not be needed at all.

EasyCatalog plugin by 65bit vastly improves Indeisgn's terrrible and dated Data automation and catalogue ability. It is expensive and adds features indesign should do much better by now. Same is true for in5 a plug in to add html 5 export ability and makes up for the total abandonment of the DPS options. Lucidpress offers better digital magaizne options and spreadsheet linking at the moment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Anchored Objects need be able to apply a text wrap when placed before their anchor point in text

For example, if the reference text for an image falls on the lower half of a right hand page, but the placement of the image works better at the top of that page—or even on the facing left hand page—the text wrap should be able to work before the object's anchor point in the text. Otherwise, when dealing with long documents, this feature is somewhat useless if you can only anchor some of your objects.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics ...Really?

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics today Brian", "Put your projects into focus today" ...Really? I use Adobe for my job, I am already doing these things, I dont need a fucking reminder from YOU to do my job. STOP IT.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outline Stroke

Its 2019 and its not possible to convert a path into a shape like in illustrator.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add "Blur" Panel (for all Elements like Boxes/Images/Groups) as in XD

There should be an easy and time saving option to blur (0-100%) any elements in InDesign – just like the possibilities in Adobe XD. Especially for creating great web designs this would be a big benefit (more possibilities, less time).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Non printing folder in pages

It would be very helpful if we could have a non printing folder in the pages window. This would allow pages to be switched in or out if multiple options for spreads are being used for a client. It would then be useful to have the ability to select a pages (or pages) and right click - swap pages with ones in the folder.....

kind regards
    rory

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Indesign Gradient Tool

Please make the gradient tool in Indesign function the same as in Illustrator, it's fiddly, cumbersome and gives you nowhere near as much control. There's no reason for it not to function the way it does.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. when adjusting the stroke weight with the up/down arrow, make the selections go from 1 pt, to .75, .5, etc.

right now, if i have a line selected, and use the stroke weight pales to reduce it, if i'm already 1 pt, and click the down arrow, it goes to zero pt. not helpful. it wold be great for it to go to the other increments in the list. i was kind of hoping it would be in the current version, but nah.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import Options for Place from CC Libraries (as there is for normal Place command)

Place from CC Libraries command doesn't have Import Options like normal Place command has – so we can't choose whether or not the Background should be Transparent or not.

FIX THIS. It's such a common function needed and it's still lacking after all these years since CC Libraries were introduced as a suggested defacto for storing, using and sharing common assets.

What takes!?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unequal inset values in an Object Style don't display in a text frame if corners are rounded

If you use an object style with unequal inset spacing and apply it to a text frame, the unequal spacing is ignore and made uniform.

Steps to recreate:
    1. Create an Object Style
    2. Go to 'Text Frame General Options' for that style
    3. Set unequal values for 'Inset Spacing'
    4. Go to 'Stroke & Corner Cptions'
    5. In 'Corner Options' set 'Rounded'
    6. Create a Text Frame
    7. Fill Text Frame with placeholder text
    8. Apply Object Style to Text Frame

Result: unequal inset spacing is ignored.

If you apply unequal inset spacing manually there are no problems —…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rubber Tool (like in Paint)

Hi,

I would it really useful to have a rubber tool like the one in paint, to erase imperfection from pictures, graphs and shapes.

Thanks, Best wishes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Whatsapp JPG's

Since today neighter Indesign can import nor Photoshop can open Whatsapp JPG's. Please deliver a solution!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

It would be interesting to have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

On the 1st image, an anchored object, impossible to have the option to add dynamic or static captions.

On the 2nd one, not an anchored object, it's possible to add dynamic or static captions

Indesign CC 2019, French version on MacOS Mojave.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pressure Sensitive Brush Pen (Vector brush to use with pressure sensitive pens)

Many professional artists use some sort of pressure sensitive pen like Wacom (Cintiq) or the much cheaper and equally good HUION tablets).

InDesign has a vector pen tool, with which professionals can write, scribble, design and create personalised unique graphic images, with a freedom that no other text/font ever can proviude. But this vector pen tool does NOT support pressure sensitivity.

Enabling pressure sensitivity (think of it as a simplified Brush Pen tool of illustrator) will allos professionals to directly in our most beloved favorite design program!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increasing the size of vector nodes

Please please please give us the option to increase the size of vector nodes. They're impossible to work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deleting and merging layers functions

Many times with large files or files that have been passed to you from other designers, you may have to clean up the layers, and delete or merge layers. It would be great if when you go to delete a layer and you are notified that it has one or more objects on it, that it would tell you what pages those objects are on, so you can go there and deal with those objects (ie the Preflight panel when there are errors on particular pages). This would be especially helpful when dealing with large multi-page documents, so you don't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Defining areas and automating rotation of those areas.

I publish a paper that has content down the middle and 16- 2x3 ads in frames on the sides.(8 ads on left and 8 on right). Same goes for the opposite side of the paper. I rotate the ads each week so my clients get exposure all over the paper. I publish in several areas so I am manually rotating these ads each week and it takes a lot of time. It would be a HUGE time saver if I could automate this function based on my preset parameters. At the click of a button the ads all move to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base