When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add support for natively placing HEIC format images in Indesign.

I'm sure it's already in the works, but please add support for natively placing HEIC format images in Indesign. And how about webp images while you're at it? :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make System fonts invisible in the Font menu list

Giving the possibility to delete those countless system fonts that come with MacOS Catalina from the font menu would be simply wonderful and a great feature.. They're way too many, they're useless and they disturb my workflow.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Generate QR code, new feature: add image in center

It is possible to put a small image in the center of QR codes. It the image is small enough, the QR code remains readable. It would be nice to be able to include an image with the Generate QR Code feature of Indesign. The size should be adaptable. Indesign either checks if the code still works or the user has to test this. If the image is an SVG icon (e.g. the LinkedIn logo), it should be possible to change its color.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a 'Quantize' function

A Quantize function should align selected vertices and layout element to the nearest document grid points. This allows for quick layout / design sessions to be aligned to grid after wards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Data Merge support UTF-8 character set

I always have to convert UTF-8 text to UTF-16.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow each section or master page spread to have a custom baseline grid

I work on many books that have different sections, with different content. While I try to make sure everything fits and follows the same baseline grid, often that's just not the best solution. I end up using custom baseline grid options on text frames, but that also doesn't solve everything.
    It would be very useful to set a baseline grid that applies to a specific master page, or to a whole section.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Frame fitting option auto-fit image to a percentage

It would be helpful when using an Object Style that uses the frame-fitting option to include a percentage value, so for instance "place image proportionally at 100%"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Content Placer Tool Thumbnail to Size

Would it be possible to have an option to have the content placer tool thumbnail be proportional to the page it is being placed on? I use this tool to make large multiple image proofs from images placed into a client-supplied file and need to show them at the placed size. When I place them on the page, using the content placer tool, I cannot gauge the size until it is placed. I have to move them around to make them fit after placing a few and so on until all images are placed. Being able to see the size…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Data Merge for spreads

it should be possible to export Data Merge directly to PDF as spread. So you don't have to create an InDesign-File first or edit your InDesign-File to generate an single page file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Font size menu bars

I would like to be able to increase the font size for menu bars, tools and mouse-over hints. It would be a great improvement in terms of accessibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Highlighting non-consecutive words

I would like to easily highlight non-consecutive words in a document, e.g. names of people in an article, so that I can apply a style sheet to all the highlighted words with one click of the style sheet.

Don't want to use GREP, just a simple keystroke or keystroke combination, e.g. shift > highlight; shift, option > highlight.

Carpel tunnel syndrome is bad enough.

Thank you for the consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alt-text inside Links Panel

Can we have a column added to the Links Panel that lists the alt-text of the image so I can open/edit it from the links panel rather than finding it inside my document?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ARROWS: Give arrow start/end a different color option from line type color

It would be great if we were able to make the end of an arrow (from within the stroke panel) a different or complementary color from the arrow line itself. It would be a huge time saver from the other workarounds required to create something seemingly so simple. Especially if it could then be saved as an object style. I think many people would use this feature in their designs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow resizing of a document with the ease of Illustrator's resizing tools.

Please allow a document resizing tool, much like the tool in AI, for quick and easy document resizing. Sometimes it's hard to know what size I need the document to be so I have to go in multiple times to edit the size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Zoom tool improvements - fill window, scrubby zoom, and more

Several improvements needed for the Zoom tool - scrubby zoom (as per other ideas posted), zoom buttons at the top (similar to PS, as attached image), ability to zoom out when clicking, ability to hold and zoom, ability to make the page/spread fill the window. Eliminate the need to go to View for anything that isn't click to zoom. Basically, simple features that come with Photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update links in the background

Links should be updated in the background. It is always annoying when you have to wait for an image to load (possibly off a server) and you have to wait for it. Maybe the frame to update should just be locked until updated but not the whole document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. possibility for replacing image frame

I want the possibility to replace image frame with any other frame from my choice or my creation ( Ex : pen tool ) in InDesign

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. QR code for EPC/Sepa cannot be generated in indesign

I do not understand why, but plain text qr codes for EPC/Sepa are not correct when generated in indesign. They cannot be scanned from the bank apps.

europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/sites/default/files/kb/file/2018-05/EPC069-12%20v2.1%20Quick%20Response%20Code%20-%20Guidelines%20to%20Enable%20the%20Data%20Capture%20for%20the%20Initiation%20of%20a%20SCT.pdf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need Better (and Less-Hidden) Accessibility Tagging Options

Please make it much easier to add accessible alt-text to InDesign documents. There should be an accessibility panel and pre-check to make it very easy for designers.

As it is now, it's too hidden: https://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/indesign/alt-text.html

Posted in reference to my tweet, at the request of Adobe Support: https://twitter.com/exkclamation/status/1424788475698499585

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hebrew diacritics in Indesign

It would be great if I could select a Hebrew vowel or a cantillation (trope) mark in liturgical texts and shift it vertically or horizontally. Currently in 16.3.2 Mac. I can select the marks blind, as it were, but they don't highlight and can't be shifted. The solution I've found is extreme kerning with the neighbouring consonant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base