When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust Layout - Off by default please.

Finding the new Adjust Layout in InDesign 2019 a bit of a liability as is turned ON by default.

Can you please add a setting to turn off globally and turn on only when needed? Currently doesn't seem possible.

Thanks

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

108 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

2. column rules length option to set frame-based

I want the option to make the length of the column rules always the same as when there is no text.
    Currently, the length of a column rule changes with the amount of text, but I want an option that always makes this frame-based. This is the same as drawing with no text in the text frame.
    See Discussion,
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/%E6%AE%B5%E9%96%93%E7%BD%AB%E7%B7%9A%E3%81%8C%E5%86%85%E5%8C%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%AB%E6%BA%96%E3%81%98%E3%81%A6%E3%81%97%E3%81%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%BE%E3%81%99/m-p/10724655

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option (MAC) Duplicate Broken

InDesign 2020 OPTION Duplicate is now broken, just like Photoshop has always been.

Don't make me commit to the duplicate before moving an item.

Sometimes I'll move a box, then realize I intended to duplicate it, so then I'll press OPTION... now I have to commit to it FIRST.

Fix this and stop breaking things!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Anchored Objects should be able to be sent to back so text can print above the object

It would be nice if text could print above an anchored object

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would like the Links panel to show status, resolution, color information for linked AI and PDF

It would be helpful to be able to view the following information for linked AI and PDF files in InDesign's links panel:

- Color space of linked AI and PDF files
    - Status of any links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files
    - Effective resolution for links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add "Blur" Panel (for all Elements like Boxes/Images/Groups) as in XD

There should be an easy and time saving option to blur (0-100%) any elements in InDesign – just like the possibilities in Adobe XD. Especially for creating great web designs this would be a big benefit (more possibilities, less time).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Outline Stroke

Its 2019 and its not possible to convert a path into a shape like in illustrator.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Anchored Objects need be able to apply a text wrap when placed before their anchor point in text

For example, if the reference text for an image falls on the lower half of a right hand page, but the placement of the image works better at the top of that page—or even on the facing left hand page—the text wrap should be able to work before the object's anchor point in the text. Otherwise, when dealing with long documents, this feature is somewhat useless if you can only anchor some of your objects.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More interactivity

Be able to make things move like in pages but a little more sophosticated like premiere, after effects and spark.
    Being able to design like a post but add text that eases in and out.... that would rock!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Indesign should Natively already have the capability 2 expensive 3rd party plugins add. EasyCatalog and in5 should not be needed at all.

EasyCatalog plugin by 65bit vastly improves Indeisgn's terrrible and dated Data automation and catalogue ability. It is expensive and adds features indesign should do much better by now. Same is true for in5 a plug in to add html 5 export ability and makes up for the total abandonment of the DPS options. Lucidpress offers better digital magaizne options and spreadsheet linking at the moment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics ...Really?

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics today Brian", "Put your projects into focus today" ...Really? I use Adobe for my job, I am already doing these things, I dont need a fucking reminder from YOU to do my job. STOP IT.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy/move image from one frame to another keeping original coordinates

Please make it standard (or at least possible) to copy or move an image from a frame to another frame and keep the position of the image identical to the original (or relatively identical when the frame sizes are different). I think it used to be like that in earlier versios of Indesign but since a couple of years this behaviour is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

It would be interesting to have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

On the 1st image, an anchored object, impossible to have the option to add dynamic or static captions.

On the 2nd one, not an anchored object, it's possible to add dynamic or static captions

Indesign CC 2019, French version on MacOS Mojave.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Same Stroke behaviour as Illustrator please

Please make it possible to choose for Illustrator style strokes:
    -Strokes should not affect the dimensions of a shape*
    -Snapping should snap to the actual box, not the thickness of the Stroke

* in Illustrator, a Rectangle of 4x4cm, stays 4 x 4 cm, whatever Stroke is applied. In InDesign, a 4 x 4 cm rectangle, with a 1 cm centered stroke applied, becomes 5 x 5 cm. This makes working with grids very unpleasant.

InDesigns Strokes are very unusefull for trying out styles and thicknesses. Each time the Stroke width changes, the shape size changes along.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Indesign Gradient Tool

Please make the gradient tool in Indesign function the same as in Illustrator, it's fiddly, cumbersome and gives you nowhere near as much control. There's no reason for it not to function the way it does.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How to Reset Suddenlink Wifi Password 1-888-599-2566

If your Suddenlink Wifi Password not working then know How to Reset Suddenlink Wifi Password? First of all, Go to the Suddenlink page and press the yellow button to sign your ad-min with the help of the user-name and password. Then Go to the settings page and press the password change button and submit the new password into both new and confirm password fields. Then if you have any queries to change wifi password then call us 1-888-599-2566 our Technical support team helps you any time 24/7. https://www.hitechnumber.org/suddenlink-email-not-working/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better rounded corner options

It would be great if InDesign could do what HTML / CSS can do with respect to rounding corners:

1) Allow an object to be completely rounded — a 1" square w/ .5" rounded corners should look like a circle (see attachment). (Referred to here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/Incompletely-rounded-corners-in-InDesign/m-p/10659192)
    2) (this is secondary, but would be cool) Allow an object's rounding to be percentage-based, so a 2x1 rectangle w/ 50% rounded corners would look like an oval.

The first is the most useful — being able to have live type inside a pill shape is fairly valuable in all sorts of cases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for the 1st issue mentioned here is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign.
    You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
    2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
    3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
    4. Click on the program to join the same.
    5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.155) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
    6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Adobe InDesign team

18. Distribute Width

I have two frames side by side, but this is relevant to not just frames. I would like to distribute the widths of these two so that they are both equal width but the total combined width is still the same, and they stay positioned as they are. I thought this would be in the align tools but I have tried many different combinations and cannot achieve this. I have used distribute widths in other programs (MS Word) and it saves so much time not having to manually calculate the widths every time and is of course less error prone.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Non printing folder in pages

It would be very helpful if we could have a non printing folder in the pages window. This would allow pages to be switched in or out if multiple options for spreads are being used for a client. It would then be useful to have the ability to select a pages (or pages) and right click - swap pages with ones in the folder.....

kind regards
    rory

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support from all apps for HEIC photo files

Support from all apps for HEIC files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base