1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Blur" Panel (for all Elements like Boxes/Images/Groups) as in XD

There should be an easy and time saving option to blur (0-100%) any elements in InDesign – just like the possibilities in Adobe XD. Especially for creating great web designs this would be a big benefit (more possibilities, less time).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Effects styles similar to Photoshop?

For example, I have a better looking set of values for drop shadows besides the default. However I have to manually enter these in every time, no way to save them as a preset. It would be nice to at least be able to copy the saved style preset from an object to another, similar to the way you can in Photoshop.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proportional Scaling should be default.

Images (vectors or photos) are rarely distorted (effectively). Images should scale via corners, and should require button action for frame cropping or distortion.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pathfinder operations working on open paths

Pathfinder should work with open paths. That would make it easy to cut a number of open paths to form. Can be very performant for preparing threaded text paths for curved prints like adhesive labels, stickers or price labels where text must follow the outer shapes.

Alternatively: Allow text wrapping with text on text paths!

Best,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow snapping and dynamic guides to work on the pasteboard

I know guides snap while in the pasteboard and as long as they're infinite but many of us have to work outside the print area by several reasons including the use of many objects or several options that you put next to each other while working on the fly.

Seems to me that its absence is a limiting non-feature that we learned to work with but it doesn't take too much resources to include.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add image sharpening before output

We should be able to apply sharpening (such as "unsharp masking") to images on the InDesign page.
    Currently, the only solution is to place an image, scale it to size in InDesign, and then go back to Photoshop to scale it, resample it (change to proper resolution), and then apply appropriate sharpening… and then go update or re-place it in InDesign. It is very inefficient!
    I want InDesign to apply global-sharpening to an image at the proper size, when it outputs to PDF or prints.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Align to selection / Align to page

Pressing Alt button could switch from "align to selection" to "align to page" when clicking on one of the align icons.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto numbering of poetry verses

Add the ability to automatically number poetry and drama every 5 or 10 lines or paragraphs

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Desaturate-filter / Black&White adjustment-layer on photos/graphics

A simple and proper way to desaturate photos/graphics to greyscale using pure black.

Also, a Black&White adjustment-layer on photos/graphics to output greyscale using rich black.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Sticky Notes to Incopy like in Acrobat

The Layout and the the Editors work pretty close together in our company. The ability for the Editors to correct their text in the Layoutview is a nice thing for both... Layout and Editors. But we really miss the "Sticky Note" Feature known from Acrobat. When the Editors try to communicate, that they want changes being applied to the Design, thats not really possible with Incopy right now. For example, the editors would love to click the sticky note tool, so that they could place it right next to a picture and add their notes. For exmample: "make this one…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple Cursor-Positioning

Multiple positioning of the cursor so multiple lines can be edited at the same time

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow footnotes start not on the same page as their marker

Indesign is strictly forcing the rule that a footnote should start on the same page where its footnote reference is located. While this is usualy helpful, sometimes it creates problems like large white areas or even complete inability to layout the text.
    See for example the images below. Image 1 shows how indesign can't put any text and leaves white pages - actually the layout stops here and no text is viewable on next pages.
    Image 2 shows the reason: there are 2 footnote markers on the same row, both with long texts on the footnotes. so when the text…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Now we have 'borders' and 'shading', can we have the ability to have transparencies on these?

Now that we have Borders and Shading, can we have the ability to have transparencies on these? Please?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Image frame option 'fit to bleed'

I'd like to have option 'fit to bleed' next to 'fit to frame' etc. options. So I wouldn't need to move graphic frame corners manually to bleed area.

Not a major issue, but a little improvement :)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the ability to 'warp' live text

We do the vast majority of our designing in InDesign, so having to go to Illustrator to manipulate text is quite a disconnect to the workflow.

Unless you take the entire layout to Illustrator it is hard to get the text 'warp' accurate to your layout. It involves too much trial and error jumping between the programmes.

We know Illustrator is very capable, but so is InDesign. In fact some of the vector drawing tools in InDesign are far better designed than Illustrators equaivalents - so much so that it is often easier to create artwork entirely in InDesign.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG/Feature: Make "Fit Frame to Content" finally work with rotated/skewd content

This is an oversight for…like how many versions?

Try to rotate your image inside your picture box, and use Object » "Fit Frame to Content".

Normally, with no modification with the content, the feature works well. But if theres rotation, geez, its way off!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Command to break frame into individual frames for each column

Invoking the command would create individual text frames for each of the columns so they can be manipulated individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Links panel - use arrow keys to view each linked file's attributes

Often in large documents i like to check the attributes (ex. color space, effective PPI, etc.) of each linked file in the "Links" panel before packaging everything for the print company. Would be really nice to be able to use the arrow keys to move up and down this list instead of having to click on each file individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Convert graphics from RGB to CMYK

I use InDesign for a lot of print layout, and often graphics used/supplied (stock, photographs, etc.) are in RGB format. But for print I need these in CMYK format, and since ideas for which graphics to use and layouts change often before finalization I wait until the final OKs are given before converting graphics to CMYK.

The way I see this working is through the "Links" tab, although perhaps it could be done through the "Package..." function. In the Links tab, it would give me the option of right-clicking an RGB file and within that popup menu give me the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base