1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Place > (Show Import Options)

I use this feature daily and would so prefer to use my keyboard arrow keys to cycle through the image thumbnails than the tiny dialogue box arrows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to remap ALT Mouse Wheel for ZOOM

I do not find possibility to change ALT Mouse Wheel (for zooming). I prefer just Mouse Wheel to zoom (without ALT).
    Or at least to get rid of ALT, because it can be overtaken by OS for other tasks (in my case).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Footnotes -- align to bottom of page

I have struggled for hours and searched everything I can find to learn if Adobe has EVER YET come up with a method to align footnotes to the exact bottom of a page or text frame. Mine ride a little high here, a little low there, depending on various things happening in the main text, so that I can't get a consistent align-to-bottom and always must deal with this. CONSIDER THIS. When inserting a footnote, automatically create a separate text frame that can then be manipulated -- its alignment set to bottom, for instance. Now, THAT seems a no-brainer and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Images/PSD's to be set to overprint using attributes panel

Allow images/psd's to be set to overprint within indesign like text and fill options in the attributes panel, this will allow for complex printing requirements to be done more easily. for example if you need to overprint and image onto a white ink base that has been set to a spot colour so the printer can print white onto clear vinyl then print a CMYK image on top without the white ink base knocking out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Take into account alternate layouts when generating / updating tables of contents

Create a (say) 20-page A4 document with a table of contents (sections, subsections and whatever).
    Then create an alternate layout of this document, for an A5 paper size. This should make the A5 version about 40 pages long.

We can create and update the table of contents for the A4 layout, but we cannot specify a 2nd ToC for the A5 layout, that takes into account the page numbers, as they are adjusted in the alternate layout(s). If we link the A4 ToC to the A5 layout, its contents will display the pagination of the A4 version.

In my current…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. links on shares broken - Mac/Windows

If you link assets from a server-share on an Windows-PC and open the InDesign-file on a Mac, the links are maintained (if you work with links in UNC style: file://server/share/path/to/image.jpg; mapped shares don't work).
    In the other direction (Mac -> Windows) the links are broken. Would be nice if it would work also in this direction.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign

I recently attended the Adobe Symposium in Sydney, Australia, (as well as Adobe MAX in Las Vegas) and could not escape the phrase "Adobe Sensei" - Adobe's artificial intelligence software.

That said, is there any ability to implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign for any of the following purposes:

• Create a new indesign document based on a scan (for example, if I wanted to quickly create an invoice for a customer and all they had was a previously printed sample, I could scan the invoice and Adobe Sensei would do the rest, resulting in an InDesign file with type and…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Choosing a stroke color directly in 'Stroke' panel

Should be nice to have the opportunity to choose a stroke colour directly in the 'stroke panel' and then avoid the switch to 'swatches' or 'colour' panel.
    Thx!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when using the GAP tool, allow to enter the space size.

When i have a collage of many images and I want to have all the spacing between the images the same exact amount, entering a desired size will be a huge help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Placed Vector image line weight override

I work primarily with line art vector files created for instruction sheets. We create the views using a 3D modeling program, save them as PDFs, and then edit them in Illustrator. The images are then placed in InDesign and scaled to fit the page along with the other content. The problem is that the scaled line art stroke weight will scale larger or smaller as it is changed.

I'm requesting a simple option or override the line weights of the vector files to match... a style? Or even allow them to be edited via the stroke panel? Right-click on the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding an option to increase the anchor point handle size

Adding an option to increase the anchor point handle size, to make them easier to select

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. chart panel

It would be great to have a chart panel that allowed you to make charts and graphs from indesign. Something with the same capabilities as powerpoint chart/graph making tool.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to toggle between guide type between spread and page

When a guide is selected I would like to see a button next to the current options to toggle the type of a guide between spread or page guide. To do this now, this requires dragging the guide outside or inside the page, which comes with a certain amount of 'uncertainty' (is it still in the same place? did smart guides try to align it with something else? ...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ruler guide color should be an inline feature in the tool panel

Changing ruler guide colors requires too many steps (Layout > Ruler Guides > Change color > Ok). When a guide is selected, guide color should be (also) configurable in the tool panel. This would make it feel a lot more 'instant'.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Seamless editing between applications.

I want to be able to place a creative asset inside InDesign, then right click and choose "edit in Photoshop" or "edit in Illustrator", and any saved changes would reflect in the original InDesign document.

For example, I inserted an old PDF file into InDesign because it contains a logo which I do not have the vector file anymore then resized the image block to only show the logo and not the rest of the document. Now I want to create a new vector file of the logo in Illustrator, and it would save a lot of time and effort…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. pages

It would be so helpful if you could name pages (much like layers). I've had to resort to using bookmarks, but having it visually on the pages panel would be amazing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to be able alter the standard prefs for effects

I am in CC2018 now and thought to change presets for once and for all; mainly because every time I want to give an object an outer glow I have to change the settings every time.

It seems impossible to change the random settings.
    Very annoying!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adjust Frame Edges From Anypoint ...Not Just Middle of The Edge

I'd like to be able to adjust frame edges from any point on the edge. This would work much like the slice select tool in Photoshop.

Specifically, this would be useful to edit frames where you're zoomed in and the middle of the edge isn't near the content you're trying to crop with the frame.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Break Footnotes Marker

If long footnotes breaks on two pages autoinsert some symbol on end of first part and some symbol on the beginning of the second part. Would also be nice to have the possibility to choose a glyph for these markers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to turn off auto centre when selecting layers

When selecting objects in my layers panel, my screen jumps to that object. This is not what I want. No way. Never.

Sometimes i go through my layers and select them to see what they are especially if they aren't named. But i don't want to navigate to them automatically! If i have zoomed in and am looking at a particular object, there is no way i want some automatic feature to take me away to a different part of the document - just so i have to zoom out and go back to where i was focusing on.
    Big…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base