1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. pages

It would be so helpful if you could name pages (much like layers). I've had to resort to using bookmarks, but having it visually on the pages panel would be amazing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to be able alter the standard prefs for effects

I am in CC2018 now and thought to change presets for once and for all; mainly because every time I want to give an object an outer glow I have to change the settings every time.

It seems impossible to change the random settings.
    Very annoying!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Adjust Frame Edges From Anypoint ...Not Just Middle of The Edge

I'd like to be able to adjust frame edges from any point on the edge. This would work much like the slice select tool in Photoshop.

Specifically, this would be useful to edit frames where you're zoomed in and the middle of the edge isn't near the content you're trying to crop with the frame.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Break Footnotes Marker

If long footnotes breaks on two pages autoinsert some symbol on end of first part and some symbol on the beginning of the second part. Would also be nice to have the possibility to choose a glyph for these markers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Selecting individual cells across rows & collums

Just like with Excel, it would be great to be able to select individual cells with something like holding the command/control key instead of only being able to select one cell or cells on the same row.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to turn off auto centre when selecting layers

When selecting objects in my layers panel, my screen jumps to that object. This is not what I want. No way. Never.

Sometimes i go through my layers and select them to see what they are especially if they aren't named. But i don't want to navigate to them automatically! If i have zoomed in and am looking at a particular object, there is no way i want some automatic feature to take me away to a different part of the document - just so i have to zoom out and go back to where i was focusing on.
    Big…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Indesign should Natively already have the capability 2 expensive 3rd party plugins add. EasyCatalog and in5 should not be needed at all.

EasyCatalog plugin by 65bit vastly improves Indeisgn's terrrible and dated Data automation and catalogue ability. It is expensive and adds features indesign should do much better by now. Same is true for in5 a plug in to add html 5 export ability and makes up for the total abandonment of the DPS options. Lucidpress offers better digital magaizne options and spreadsheet linking at the moment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Convert Clipping Path to Frame for multiple objects

There is a command, Object > Clipping path > Convert Clipping Path to Frame. This will read the clipping path in a placed image and convert it to a frame. The command only works when only one object is selected, If multiple images are selected and every one of them has a clipping path the command is selectable but has no effect. There is no reason for this limitation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Toggle Through Align-To Options

The ability to use a keyboard shortcut to toggle through "Align To:" options.

I'm constantly manually switching between, "Align to: Margin", "Align to: Page", and "Align to: Selection"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Content Aware Fit separate setting for rasters and vectors

I like using Content Aware Fit on most photos but it doesn't make it sense to use it on vectors like logos. So I have to turn it on and off constantly. Perhaps there could be separate preference checkboxes so that Content Aware Fit can occur when placing photos but not vectors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. you had content fitting into frame options available in the tools ribbon. Not anymore. WHY?

you had content fitting into frame options available in the tools ribbon. It's been removed, and now it's a nuisance. :( Bad user experience.

The same with content placed HORIZONTALLY inside the text frame (Top, middle, bottom placement).

Now to access both features I have to go to the menu instead of clicking a button on the tools ribbon. Do not remove working solutions. It's not intuitive and is totally frustrating :(
    *rant over

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Snap-to status indicators

Add an indicator somewhere that's always visible that displays the current status of the Snap-to-Guides and Snap-to-Document-Grid controls. It could also act as the on/off switch for them.

Now there's no way to tell if the snap-to mode is engaged or not without either dragging something around to see if it snaps-to a guide or grid, or going into the View > Grids & Guides pull-down menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. InDesign Dimmable Layers

I think it would be great if we could have an option to dim a layer similar to Illustrator. I think it would be a benefit when aligning elements above a background layer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Smart objects

Please include smart objects (eg Indesign pages in indesign pages) like Photoshop, illustrator, sketch, XPress and ALL modern design apps. Also add unlinking objects and applying effects and styles on smart objects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add more paragraph rule design options

I would be nice to have more creative options in paragraph rule designs. In the 15 years I've used InDesign, the rule design options have not changed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blending mode shortcut

Its been so many years since blending mode exist… and InDesign still not support shortcut for them, when PS & AI all have many ways to customise them already… In InDesign, there's just no way to even add a shortcut for them. the only fast way to sort of fast skimming them is by hovering mouse on the blend mode name, but this is not very precise and not very easy to control, not to mention it creates a lot of history step to undo (which is another bug: if you scroll all the way up and selected luminosity, keep…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Offset path

iD : Fr : Offset path
    I found myself stuck by wanting to make a simple offset path inside inDesign. This seems to HAVE to be DONE in Illustrator.
    Bad thing about that is that if I have to go back and forth between both, I’ll have to place it correctly, when it should be a simple value in any unit to enter.

Some have explored the need for that as a script :
    https://indesignsecrets.com/indesign-cad-tool.php

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjust Layout - Columns change no longer works.

In older versions of InDesign, if you had Adjust Layout on, and changed the columns, the content of the page would adjust. Now if you change the column amount, Adjust Layout turns off. Please bring back the old feature, the new way and work around is terrible and also defeats the function of Master Pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Possibility to remap ALT Mouse Wheel for ZOOM

I do not find possibility to change ALT Mouse Wheel (for zooming). I prefer just Mouse Wheel to zoom (without ALT).
    Or at least to get rid of ALT, because it can be overtaken by OS for other tasks (in my case).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base