Bug details

Typekit (or Adobe Fonts) or Fonts menu collapses while browsing through the list of fonts.

I am absolutely loving the new InDesign features. But, whilst testing the new Typekit/Adobe Fonts browsing window in InDesign I came across this bug / crash. Instead of allowing me to freely roam the vast selection of fantastic fonts, the window just decides to close and defaults to one of the already synced fonts.

InDesign version: 14.0, included a screencap.

46 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike Moreau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Driving me crazy also--enough to make me revert back to a previous version. Very bad Adobe.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

InDesign version: 14.0.1

I'm hoping the screen cap shows my issue better than I can type it, but here it goes.

While scrolling through the font list I'm often, too frequently, taken back to the top of my font list without realizing it. I can get though my list sometimes but sometimes won't let me get past a certain point.

I'm hoping this issue hasn't been reported and sorry if it has, but this is driving me a little crazy.

• Sascha Fronczek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I select a font or a font weight in the fonts menu after a few seconds it jumps back to another font. Every time – its annoying …

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been fixed yet? I am going broke filling the swear jar!!

• Kevin Chiang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you scroll down the dropdown selector for fonts, after a short while it goes back to the top by itself.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to this, we have experienced the bug where the fonts menu scrolls back to the beginning while trying to select a font. This is on both a Windows 7 (intel processor, 64-bit, 16gb ram) and on OS X iMac (27-inch, Late 2012, i7, 16gb, 10.12.6). Separate user accounts, but both have Typekit fonts syncing, as well as a large selection of fonts.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is a truly frustrating bug. Love the new fonts dropdown but not this aspect!

• David Whitmyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When selecting a different font via the font dialog drop-down, and you scroll up or down away from the currently selected font, after one or two seconds the dialog box will pop back to the currently selected font. This is highly annoying when you are searching/browsing for a different font to use and it keeps popping back to the currently selected font.

In ID 2018 it happened at a semi-annoying rate, but in ID 2019 it happens almost immediately after scrolling away from the currently selected font. This problem has escalated to bug status in my mind. Now annoying has turned to almost unbearable! Please look at this.

• Chelsea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding another specific to this to help narrow down the cause--the issue happens for me specifically when I stop moving for about 3 seconds. As long as I keep continuously mousing over fonts while scrolling, it works as expected, but then I experience the same issue reported here as soon as I stay on one font or pause in scrolling for more than 3 seconds.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The flyout disappears as I'm scrolling, sometimes immediately, sometimes after 5-10 seconds. Very frustrating and time consuming while trying to work on projects when you are constantly battling the disappearing flyout. Forced to use the Adobe Fonts website which takes away from what would otherwise be a huge time saver being able to preview the fonts in real time as intended.

• Jack Grimes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When selecting a font, the font menu (and the selected font) will jump to the top of the list every few seconds, making fonts further down the list inaccessible.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't scroll my font menu in InDesign. As I start scrolling it goes back to the top of the window. REALLY FRUSTRATING!!

• Andreas von Baudissin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The font menu always jumps to the beginning again when selecting. This makes the choice of the font style very difficult sometimes even impossible. (ID 2019 on Apple OS Mojave)

• chrsreyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to change the currently selected font I must click the font from the drop down menu in order for the selection to stick. if I hit Return/Enter to select the font it will momentarily change and then revert to the previously selected font.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I am trying to select a font with the type panel open, it will automatically reset back to the last font that was selected. It does this whether I scroll using the keyboard or with a mouse.

• Melise Gerber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue, but for me it only happens when I access the "Find More" options, and am reviewing the list of fonts available for download from Adobe fonts. Also on a Windows 10 machine.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base