The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to https://www.adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (18.104.22.1681) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notesChelsea commented
Adding another specific to this to help narrow down the cause--the issue happens for me specifically when I stop moving for about 3 seconds. As long as I keep continuously mousing over fonts while scrolling, it works as expected, but then I experience the same issue reported here as soon as I stay on one font or pause in scrolling for more than 3 seconds.
We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.
If you still face this issue even after updating, please submit the crash report to us.
(Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
Also, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
• Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
• Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.
Adobe InDesign teamChelsea shared this idea ·