If you have InDesign CC 2019, when you select a Hyperlink and look in the Properties panel, you will see 3 buttons – ‘Remove Hyperlink’, ‘Edit Hyperlink’ and ‘Manage Hyperlink’.
Remove Hyperlink does what it says – it removes the hyperlink. However, it retains the applied Character Style which can be manually changed by clicking the [None] style in the panel.
Manage Hyperlink opens the Hyperlinks panel (if it’s closed) and Edit Hyperlink lets you edit it.
Hope this helps.
Adobe InDesign team
Agreed, this should be way easier to accomplish for the user.
The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to https://www.adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (188.8.131.521) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes
Thank you for your support. The issue is now fixed in the latest update of InDesign.
Please upgrade to the new InDesign 14.0 from your Creative Cloud Application.
If you are unable to see the update yet, click on the menu (three dots) on the top right corner of Creative cloud app and click on “Check for App Updates”.
Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
Hi, are there any updates on this bug? I am also getting this error when renaming. This only happens with InDesign and hasn't happened with Photoshop or other Adobe apps.
Thanks for all the work you do behind the scenes :)