Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6588 results found

1. Kontur aussen ausrichten

Kontur aussen ausrichten stimmt nicht. Kontur soll ausserhalb des Bildrahmens sein, ist es aber nicht. ist momentan wie Kontur innen ausrichten, nur dass es den Bildrahmen automatisch vergrössert. ich möchte jedoch den Bildrahmen am Dokumentenrahmen andocken und dass die Kontur dementsprechend ausserhalb des Dokumentes ist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. overset endnotes

Not sure where to post this. I do a lot of journals using Indesign. I find that in Indesign 2018 and 2019 when you place a Word.doc with endnotes it brings in the endnotes okay but only the first page. The other endnotes are overset. It does not do this in Indesign 2017. Can something be done to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. updating links

When updating links (an InDesign file linked to 4 instances) the update comes in too large for the frame. So you have to Fit Content Proportionally. This happens with PSD and AI files as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Endnote numbers superscripted overriden after Epub Export

After importing a document with the non-static text endnotes option, I applied a superscript character style to the endnote numbers and when I export to ePub 3.0 the superscripting disappears. The numbers references in the text are still superscripted as they should be, but the superscripting on the numbers before each endnote at the end of document has been dropped. For some reason Epub Export overrides the applied character style.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Properties panel does not get loaded on startup if part of a current workspace

I made Properties panel part of my workspace. Saved the new updated workspace under same name (re-written).

Now when I start InDesign, last workspace gets automatically loaded but the Properties panel does not show up. Have to click in Reset workspace, only then it reappears.

Recently I added another panel to be part of my workspace (Bookmarks). This panel always shows up automatically upon launching InDesign, but the Properties panel is still missing along will other panels that are attached to it (layers, pdf comments).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Problem with Picture Moving / InDesign 2019/14.01

With Indesign 14.01 have problems when I move a picture.
    Is there distortion up to 30 sec.
    Document has 120 page. Picture setting is "Normal" preview
    Adobe installs with Surface Book 2
    Here's a link to look closely at: https://adobe.ly/2QlvWkO

Thank you
    Skender

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Assembled files in assignments crash regularly when updated

Assignments in Indesign regularly crash the program when parts need updating This is especially bad when an assigned part has been worked on in the assigned file or if the respective file runs over various pages or if it contains complex .ai-images. As soon as you click on the yellow icon to update a part Indesign crashes again and again. To solve the problem I have deleted certain text files completely from the assembly and reentered them afterwards, which is much more effort and doesn't always work.
    I had this problem before, a few months ago, but lately it has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

8. cut off the text After dash (place from clipboard)

At text insertion through a clipboard the text after a strange dash is cut off.
    When placing through drag&drop everything is normal.

Bug dush from Word's XML
    - <w:r w:rsidRPr="00981F9F">
    <w:sym w:font="Symbol" w:char="F02D" />
    /w:r
    - <w:r w:rsidRPr="00981F9F">
    - <w:rPr>
    <w:color w:val="000000" />
    /w:rPr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fails with certain Illustrator images

It happened a few times to me that Indesign keeps crashing when certain (complex) .ai images are used - which shouldn't be as I thought Adobe files would perfectly interact with other Adobe programs.
    When these are changed to png images and I am able to open the Indesign file and update them, Indesign works perfectly well again. At times it is not possible at all to open the file or change the image and the file needs to be reacreated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Publish Online is converting two pages of a spread into one wide page, and overriding PDF settings on the download

I am publishing a document that is made up of 8.5 x 11" pages, set up as spreads. I want to publish it online with the view setting set to spreads, but be able to download it as a normal single page PDF.

When I publish the document, I have to choose export as spreads so that two pages show up side by side on screen. The PDF export settings I am using under advanced are for single pages, but for some reason the PDF that is created is combining pages. So, for example, my 9 page document (a cover…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

12. Raleway no longer a font

Raleway has been a font I've used for a week. I used it this morning and came back after lunch and it's no longer an option.

Can I please have this font back?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unable to update to latest InDesign version

I am trying to open an organizational chart file that was last edited 2 months ago on InDesign 13.1, but I get a prompt that the file was created in 14.0 so I need to convert it.

In the Creative Cloud desktop app, there are no available updates for me to install, so I am stuck with converting the file and having to manually re-link the 20 profile pictures in the document. I would rather just update the InDesign version to be able to properly open and edit the file, if that was actually the issue.

I have already restarted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PDF image import appears corrupt

BUG: Importing PDF images into InDesign 2019, after the update today, and they appear corrupt when rendered on screen (see screenshot) but when I export out PDFs they appear okay..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Placing objects with gradient from illustrator.

Hi, I - and not only I - expierenced ugly 'new feature' that is can't copy objects with gradients from Illustrator 23.0.1 to new version of InDesign 14.0.1 (in previous version all works fine) in editable format. Yes I heard about placing ext. file - but this not the sollution. For many version of InDesign this works perfectly then why now this feature is broken?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
    InDesign Team

16. Laggy Swatches panel

Can't smoothly scroll on swatches panel as seen on video. Everything was perfect before last update.

I did try to change workspace, closed swatched panel etc. but no luck?

My system is Mac os Mojave 10.14.1 - iMac18,3
    Indesign version: 14.0

Has anyone run into this problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. eyedropper

I'm experiencing all sorts of odd behavior in INDD CC v.14.01, particularly when using the eye dropper to copy text attributes.

Things that happen: text will be given a stroke when the text that I'm copying has no stroke applied; text will go from Align Top to Align Bottom; random colors and sizes applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. cannot save again if file is moved whilst file is open - 2019 Indesign CC

I moved my working folder to another drive as quickly needed space. I accidentally didn't close my file in InDesign before doing this... kept working on the file then went to save it to new location... But it won't let me.
    Says file is missing from original location... put it back (which I tried but didn't work) So I had to export as idml to save it... Never encountered this in previous releases please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fermeture du logiciel INDESIGN avec l'outil Ligne

Indesign 14.0 (x64) - Windows 10 pro x64 - Core i7 4770k - 32Go DDR3

Bonjour, juste après avoir utilisé l'outil LIGNE, le logiciel se ferme. cette panne est arrivée avec la dernière mise à jour.
    Merci de votre retour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. incopy 2019 and indesign 2017

I have recently upgraded both my INDESIGN AND INCOPY to 2019 .... and the edited INCAP files coming back to me via email are not opening when I double click them .... I get the attached error - WHEN I BROWSE and locate file its just a horrible circle - nothing happens ... Please let me know if there is a bug fix or plug in - was all working fine before the upgrade...

OS is SIERRA 10.12.6

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base