Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6483 results found

1. relink with file extension bug

Relink File Extension is not working. This bug seems persistent so I can only assume not too many people are reporting it, but it's slowing down my productivity. When I try to use Relink File Extensions and choose the option to link images that have the .psd extension rather than a .jpeg I get the error message "Failed to find 1 links in new folder. These links have not been relinked, and will remain selected in the Links panel." Each time I've attempted to do this over the last couple of months, I double-check that the only difference in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Share for Review

Share for Review and PDF export have been consistently not working. Below is a screen share of my attempting to export a PDF and share for review. I recently got a new computer. I don't know if it's an issue with syncing but it's happening with every document I open. I get notifications from time to time saying PDF won't export because of a PNG file that is misplaced but it doesn't mention what file. Imagine trying to locate the needle in a haystack.

I've closed the files, restarted inDesign, verified that it was up to date, scoured the forums,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pictures placed via copy-paste are not shown in link panel

When inserting a picture via copy+paste, it is not shown in the link panel - neither as missing nor as "embedded".
    Is this a bug?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Actions Panel like in Photoshop and Illustrator

If this existed in Indesign like it does in Photoshop and Illustrator it would save me HOURS of time. Please please make this happen,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using a decimal tab negatively affects line breaks

InDesign 18.5 on Mac
    Providing the steps would involve too many specific formatting choices, so I'll just describe what I'm seeing instead. I have a two-column text box for endnotes (literal; not InDesign-generated. E.g., "[tab]1.[tab]Note text."). I want the descriptors to align on the decimal point. When I use a decimal tab, the following text breaks like this:

[tab]6.[tab]Paul Renouard, Docteur Char-
    cot, cover of...

The width of the text frame, however, will clearly accommodate "cot, cover." If I change the decimal tab to a right tab (and adjust its placement slightly so that the period is in almost exactly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inconsistent Display of Paragraph Styles

BUG Report
    (1) InDesign Beta 18.9
    (2) Cursor in text block or selected text --> Click on Paragraph Sales drop-down field
    (3) See a listing of all of your styles , at least showing 15, 20 etc. with a list that dropdowns the entire screen
    (4) Sometimes it display a small window showing only 5 or so styles at a time, other times, a larger window with slightly more styles and sometimes, a large window showing all of your styles.

Behavior is inconsistent, showing a large window with a full list sometimes and a smaller window other times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Paragraph Styles: Inconsistent Display

BUG Report
    (1) InDesign Beta 18.9
    (2) Cursor in text block or selected text --> Click on Paragraph Sales drop-down field
    (3) See a listing of all of your styles , at least showing 15, 20 etc. with a list that dropdowns the entire screen
    (4) Sometimes it display a small window showing only 5 or so styles at a time, other times, a larger window with slightly more styles and sometimes, a large window showing all of your styles.

Behavior is inconsistent, showing a large window with a full list sometimes and a smaller window other times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Paragraph styles

BUG Report
    (1) InDesign Beta 18.9

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. shortcuts

non of my short cuts are working. I cannot resize an object and its frame at the same time, I cannot resize an image holding shift to keep it the same shape. Spacebar to move, option to duplicate, everything. none of it working. this is a brand new computer, installed InDesign, and the shortcuts have not worked at all. I've tried all of the solutions on the internet and none have worked. Please help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Negative values needed size and position options in Object Style

Currently, you cannot set negative values for the Size and Position Options inside of Object Styles.

This is an obvious error because sometimes, you need a class of objects to bleed. For example, I would like a ImageFullpage style that I could use to set images that bleed on all four sides.

This requires that they be positioned at -0.125 x and 0.125 y.

Also, an ImageCaption style that sets a caption on top of an image should allow me to use -y: .125. When combined with the bottom reference point and the from: "group" option (another request), it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Accessing alternate characters in fonts for paragraph styles

Environment
    MacOS: 13.5
    Adobe Indesign 18.5
    Version of font: Inter Medium 3.019;git-0a5106e0b

Recently I have been trying to access the alternate closed ‘a’ character in the font Inter from Google fonts. For some reason I can not access this alternate character and set as a universal style to apply to other text boxes.
    I have approached GitHub to flag Inter with issues but have been informed that it might not be an issue with the font but rather how Indesign UI is accessing it. Please note that Adobe Illustrator seems to access this alternate closed ‘a’ character with the Open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Publish Online Analytics slow or failing

Many of us have raised the publish online dashboard analytics slow loading and/or complete failure to work and it still seems to ne ignored.

We have noticed across our design team that analytics seems to work differently across different accounts. Accounts with less documents published online have greater success and speed in returning analytics. Those with over a 100 documents for example have limited success.

We think this maybe due to that when you request the analytics for a 'single' document Adobe systems are not just loading that 'single' document. They are processing the whole account and all documents within.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Analytics Publish Online not loading statistics

Many of us have raised the publish online dashboard analytics slow loading and/or complete failure to work and it still seems to ne ignored.

We have noticed across our design team that analytics seems to work differently across different accounts. Accounts with less documents published online have greater success and speed in returning analytics. Those with over a 100 documents for example have limited success.

We think this maybe due to that when you request the analytics for a 'single' document Adobe systems are not just loading that 'single' document. They are processing the whole account and all documents within.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. window gets stuck at the bottom

I'm on the latest version of Dreamweaver v.18 on Mac Ventura 13.4.1
    Everytime I zoom in the window gets stuck at the bottom and stops scrolling. I can scroll left and right but not up.. I have attached a screenrecording .. Please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text disappears when creating buttons if text wrap is on

I am using the lastest version of Adobe InDesign 18.5

Try to create a button including a more than one text box. Nothing overlaps. The text boxes have text wrapping applied. Group the elements and create button.

Create a "rollover" appearance state.

The text will disappear as if something is causing it to wrap and there is not room for the text even though there is nothing for the text to wrap around.

The text should not disappear when creating buttons using text boxes that include a text wrap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Opening file in Indesign 2023 will not show file window without resetting workspace layout

When I initially startup my adobe indesign 2023 program and open a file from either the recent documents or drop down toolbar, the file window does not appear. It appears as if nothing has been opened. If I then select window > workspace > essentials (or any other saved workspace layout), the file window will appear.

If I have a file already open and is visible, I can open an additional file and it appear. It is only when I do not have a visible file window that this occurs. Therefore, if I was to close this file window and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Application Window Bug

Please fix this annoying bug, Adobe! Ever since I updated to the latest version 18.4 the application window has broken. I have uploaded a screen recording to demonstrate what is happening. I use Shift + W a LOT to view my work in presentation mode. everytime I exit this view the entire application shrinks!! And I have to keep manually resizing the application window. But it doesn't happen when I uncheck 'Application Window' from the window menu. Please fix this. I have never had this issue before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Swatches panel missing options at the bottom

The swatches panel usually has buttons for "New swatch", "Delete Swatch" etc at the bottom. These are missing since the latest Indesign update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Links panel does not sort sublinks logically

I have linked a file with some 120 pages to document. When I sort links panel by name, "sublinks" are sorted in mess:
    doc:1, doc:10, doc:101, doc:2, doc:21
    instead of normal number order
    doc:1, doc:2, doc:10, doc:21, doc.101.

Indesign 18.4
    Latest Windows 11

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here