Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6521 results found

1. CC Libraries Saved Text issue

In CC Libraries I have pre-set headlines text set with font and kerning. When I drag and drop desired headline into page layout, the font is changed out to something completely different. I've double check the save CC text file is it's as it's should be. I'm not sure what happened or how to fix it. These headlines I use on a daily bases have have hand kerning needed to each, which is time consuming to do each time.

Screen shots are with a headline what I'm looking to change from "All you need." to "The real deal." Both are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. cc libraries deletes my text

Hello.

When adding my own text to a file in InDesign/CC Libraries (See attached image) - it deletes part of the text so I have to rewrite it again.

Example:
    'Saks' becomes 'ks'

There's a glitch and the text disappears.
    It's a collaboration work account, but can't it get more stable?

best regards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Updating to Mac OSX Mojave, Indesign now behaving slow and shortcut make new document does not work anymore

Drawing a box, moving it around etc is now a kind of laggy. Moves but slow and kind of stuttering.

The GUI overall, menus etc, behaves a bit slower as well. Not much but not as quick and responsive at it was in Sierra.

Have tried de-activating GPU but that has no difference at all.

I have the latest version, 14.0.2.
    Updated to Mojave because the Adobe chat support suggested that would help out some other issues I have had.
    One reason was that command + new shortcut stopped working. And now it stopped working again...

Same thing happens in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Place; inconsequent text string in dialog

When choosing File -> Place the dialog says "Open" on the selected item. In stead of "Place"
    In training on indesign i allways have to explain this. We can only Open indesign files, but we can Place other media. The dialog window should use the term Place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. InDesign Publish Online Not Clickable on Windows in Chrome or Firefox

Working in: Adobe InDesign CC 2018

We recently published a guide online using Adobe Publish online. The clickable elements (buttons, interactive elements) are not clickable on touchscreen PCs in Chrome or Firefox, but the touchscreen works (not as clean, but works). This issue is not present when the PC users are in safari or internet explorer. All content was created and published on a Mac, and no macs have had an issue.

The content is private, but I can send the guide to anyone from Adobe on a person-person basis.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Text selection selects whole document AND cursor jumps to top of document after saving

InCopy 14.0. MacOs Mojave 10.14.4
    I work in a icml-document which was assigned to me from InDesign. It contains references to other documents and a lot of comments (for the designer).
    After I have made the third or later comment, it becomes impossible to select text. InCopy selects the text from the top of the document upto the point where I click the mouse. When I try Option+Shift+Arrow, the cursor jumps to the top of the document. I can save the document, after which the issue is away until I have made a few extra comments, but which also puts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. text overlap

I'm using the Calendar Wizard template to create a calendar and quite often I find when I type text into the date window the text appears to overlap and I can't see what I'm typing (see image). This happens quite often and it's very frustrating. I'm using InDesign 2018 and I'm on a Mac with Mac OS Sierra. I would like to know how to fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Key Commands not working

Sometimes when I open up an InDesign document none of my key commands work (I'm on the most up to date version of InDesign CC).

I end up having to close the file and restart the program to get them to work again. I have had instances in the past where I have 2 documents open at the same time and the key commands work in one but not the other.

Does anyone else ever have this issue?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. InDesign opens two files when only one selected.

When I open a file, InDesign will open another file at the same time, one that I didn't select. Not a horrible inconvenience, but why is this happening?

InDesign CC 14.0.1 x 64

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. InDesign 2019 keeps crashing when I change the document size in the properties panel.

Every time I want to change the document/page size in the properties panel so I can have different page sizes in the document InDesign crashes. Over and over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

12. pasteboard

Nearly every Indesign document I open now the pasteboard jumps about in size as soon as you do anything on the page. It's really distracting and interferes with my workflow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scaling of arrowheads on paths is so wrong

If I put an arrow head (or any other of the predefined startings/endings) on a path and scale it, it barlely changes the actuall size of the starting ending, even with crazy huge precentage changes, like 1% and 200%. See screenshot from InDesign CC 2019.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 23.0.3 Adobe PDF Preset / Transparency Flattener Preset "Convert Text To Outlines" Not Working

In all previous versions of Illustrator and InDesign, when saving a PDF, I have been able to set my PDF settings to convert all text to outlines by checking "Convert All Text To Outlines" in my Adobe PDF preset. Since my recent update to 23.0.3, this feature is no longer working properly. The setting is still an option, however, upon save/export of the PDF, text is not converted to outlines as it previously was.

I have reached out to customer support for this issue and have been informed that this issue is "expected behavior of the software".

How is this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Indesign 2019 CC crash after relink document

Every time when I try to relink a document in Indesign 2019 CC, the program crashes. I already send several crash reports to Adobe, no respond.

Adobe could you please fix this bug asap? It is very annoying and I can not do my work properly this way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

16. InDesign-window "Missing Links in document" does not appear when Microsoft DFS-Links not available

SITUATION
    We migrated our old Active Directory "OldAD.ads" to a complete new one "NewAD.ads"
    We use InDesign CC2019 (latest Version)

All out file-shares are mounted on client computers with Microsoft DFS-Links.
    - Old DFS-Link: \OldAD\DFS\OldShare - The DFS-Links points to a share on our old fileserver: \OldFileServer.OldAD.ads\Share_OLD
    All shares on the old fileserver are closed, so the DFS-Links have no destination but are still "available".

• New DFS-Link: \NewAD\DFS\NewShare - The DFS-Links points to a share on our new fileserver: \NewFileServer.NewAD.ads\Share_NEW

Both fileservers hold "their" (Active Directory based) DFS-structure.

Of course, all users open their files on the new fileserver, shares…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Typo in ID print settings. Adobe ID -> Print -> Setup -> Paper Size, in the dropdown it should say ‘SRA3’ but it now says ‘<‘

Typo in ID print settings.

Adobe ID -> Print -> Setup -> Paper Size, in the dropdown it should say ‘SRA3’ but it now says ‘<‘

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PDF export name

Since the latest updated InDesign doesn't remember the the export name, it just reverts back to the indd's file name. It was super useful when using version numbers.

For example, when exporting from "file.indd" a "file-print (5).pdf", it remembered that name. Now it just goes back to "file.pdf" each time.

Using 14.0.2 x64 on Windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can't add uncapitalised word to dictionary

When I come across a word with an internal capital during spell-checking, eg: iPad, the 'Add' box is live (blue) but nothing happens when I click it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Minion Pro Glyphs won't export to epub

Minion Pro glyphs won't export to epub despite license saying it's supposed to be supported. Other glyphs are working (wingdings 2 are showing in the pic). It does export to pdf, just not epub.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base