Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adobe color theme

Version of Adobe InDesign : 13
    Steps to reproduce the issues
    1 - create a new document
    2 - Import or draw something
    3 - Select element you want to move or made a snippet
    4 - move them to the Adobe color Theme panel and drop.

Expected result : a sound like other pannels
    Actual result : The Snippet code will be displayed in the Adobe Color Theme panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish Online Incorrect German translation

Publish Online.
    As reported in the forums:
    In the "readerView" is a translation error in the "language-dropdown-content"
    it should read "Deutsch" (without the "e" at the end)!!
    "Deutsche" would be reffering to "several German people" not the German language. That is ALWAYS "Deutsch" only.
    Looks weird for a "Deutsche" :-) Would be like reading "Englishes" as a language option...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot Pan/Scroll with WACOM pen in Open/Save/Place file dialogue windows.

Cannot Pan/Scroll with Wacom pen in Open/Save/Place type file dialogue windows in mmany if not all of Adobe apps (where every other non-Adobe app I know of does, Apple and other 3rd parties), obviously this pertains to when you've mapped a Wacom pen button to pan/scroll to use in that manner (Wacom settings screen attached).

What should happen is being able to interact similar to touch omnidirectional swiping which includes vertical mouse-like scrolling when pressing the button and making contact with the pen, as would be expected and Wacom designed it to do.

What instead happens: Adobe apps interpret this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Background animation little behavior

Since the CC2017 the "activity in background" animation is wrong. Not an important bug, but every time I export a pdf I see this wrong animation :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Font size of colored menu items becomes too low on high-res devices

I prefer customizing my menu and colorizing but the menu text does not align up quiet neatly in my InDesign CC 2018, same issues can also be seen at some context menu like the Layer panel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disabling UI scaling for high PPI displays causes truncated descriptions in "Preferences"

Installed InDesign CC 2018; when disabling UI scaling for high PPI displays, and restarting.

When "Preferences" are launched, all options turn up with their descriptions truncated, and replaced with an ellipsis.

Two images are attached, when UI Scaling is disabled vs enabled.

This is happening on MS Surface Pro 3, Windows 8.1, screen resolution 2160 x 1440 px (max supported by Surface Pro) and all resolutions below.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guides/Gridlines too thin/difficult to see on Retina display

Not sure if really a 'bug', but since upgrading to Apple Retina iMacs, everyone in my office is having trouble seeing gridlines, margins, and guides in the interface. The lines are just extremely thin on Retina displays. I have excellent vision and I find them difficult to see. Other employees with glasses are really struggling. We could really use something in the preferences to slightly increase the thickness of guides.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tool fly outs appearing on wrong monitor

I am using a dual monitor setup, my left hand monitor is a standard widescreen monitor, my right hand monitor is a Wacom Cintiq.

When I have InDesign maximized on the Wacom and attempt to access a fly out menu on the toolbar it opens the fly out menu on the very right-hand edge of the standard monitor. Which makes it impossible for me to select from the fly out menu without having to put down the stylus, switch to a mouse, and repeat the action to bring up the fly out menu and then select the item I wanted.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CC Files in InDesign not showing up

I shared files using CC Files for teams using my work account, and the sync with my account on my home computer in the user folder/creative cloud files, however they don't show up in the START workspace when I launch InDesign. How do I get these files to show up in the application?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. create new document dialog

When I clicked create new documents button the new dialog not shown and no templates available like photoshop or illustrator and only show the old new document dialog and when I checked my preferences I could not find Use legacy option check box at all in General Tab

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Are you on Japanese or MENA feature set of InDesign?
    Japanese feature set – Japanese, Korean, Chinese (zh_CN and zh_TW)
    MENA feature set – Arabic, Hebrew, French (Morocco)

Currently we have the new “Create new document” dialog only for the Roman feature set.
    We have however have working to get the new “Create new document” for Japanese and MENA feature sets as well with the upcoming CC 2018.0 release.
    You can test and try the new “Create new document” for MENA feature set in the Beta build posted on the InDesign Pre-Release program. Follow the below link for joining InDesign Pre-Release program and getting access to the Beta build of InDesign.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171/participate/F2ECD64C-FC6A-411F-B75E-B662ADCDDEA8

If it is otherwise, please let us know.

-Aman

11. Renaming an object layer by double-clicking is tedious - sometimes non-responsive

When working with layers, select an object, then double click the name to rename, it takes multiple clicks and a delay of several seconds before the name field becomes editable. Why? I don't see any other way to rename the object layer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Animation preview window does not resize in Windows

The animation window does not maximise or even resize in Windows. The issue doesn't seem to be in Mac devices

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tiny Anchor Points

Increase size of anchor points on pahts/objects

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pages

Adobe Indesign 14.0.1

Last row of Pages Panel doesn't display the page numbers. I'm unable to scroll lower either as the scroll bar is at limit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. new features popup cannot be disabled

The New Features popup dialog boxes are ******* annoying as **** and cannot be turned off. They can in photoshop with the "enable rich ********" but cannot in InDesign. Can you fix this ******* pain **********? No one wants this ****.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't hide "Search Adobe Stock" in File Menu

Via Edit -> Menus, you can't hide the Search Adobe Stock entry from your File menu. Attached is a screenshot with _everything_ hidden via Edit -> Menus, and Adobe Stock remains.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. user preferences not holding

Adobe InDesign CC 2017 - being used in a Virtual Machine (VM) - VMware Horizon Client.

User preferences are not holding when I switch them to what I like. Yes I quite the application after setting them and then sometimes they will be the same but then sometimes when I open ID they revert back to the default settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The search panel in the place dialog box does not show indesign files (Mac issue)

This is similar to the previous bug reported here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/31917874-search-field-does-not-work-in-open-dialogue-box

However, the issue affects the place dialog box instead.

Read the original post here to determine the steps to replicate the fault: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2583379

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There isn't vertical justification in the control panel

There isn't vertical justification in the control panel, and I've no idea how to fix that...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. menu

Working with InDesign CC19 (14.0.1) on 2 monitor Mac OS 10.13.6 and I'm having issues where menu selections open wrong panels. It's very strange...the only way to avoid is restarting the program. Example: when I choose File>File info I get the Print Dialogue panel. The exact same thing happens when I select File>Package. On top of this transforms stop working intermittently (horizontal or vertical flip) whether using the control panel or through menu bar. Last week's maintenance upgrade didn't help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base