1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arabic Composite fonts

I know that at the moment is possible to use composite fonts for CJK languages but not for Arabic and Hebrew.
    Do you think that could be possible to improve?

This is the issue that I had:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10455269#10455269

Regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. activate the left to right paragraph direction buttom in the french version

activate the left to right paragraph direction buttom in the french version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Numerazione automatica

Bisognerebbe implementare la numerazione automatica delle pagine, potendo scegliere se applicare numeri pagine pari o dispari.
    Questa esigenza viene dal fatto che, quando si hanno due file di numero uguale di pagine ed un file è il fronte e l'altro è il retro. Per comodità di lavorazione i file di bianca e volta vengono realizzati separatamente e poi montati su file di stampa. La numerazione pari o dispari potrebbe venire scelta al momento della creazione del file oppure nella sezione di inserimento testo. Allego ipotetiche immagini.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Zoom in on a tiny area faster

Used to be able to zoom in on a small area by holding command/space and scrolling over a small area and it would then display that small area without have to drag mouse to get that area to enlarge

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe Story Scriptwriting formatting

Basically with the demise of Adobe story, then it would seem logical to me to make it's scripting format an option to use in incopy. Forget all the management integration, just the pure scriptwiriting formatting, maybe even as workspace set up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fill with Placeholder Text dynamically changes when resizing box

When a box has been filled with Placeholder Text and is then resized, it would be really useful if the text still fills the box.

So if you make the box larger, more text would be added to still fill the box. If you make the box smaller, text would be removed so the box is still filled but not overset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add support for Yiddish

The problem i find is that InDesign CS2018 (and basically all versions of InDesign CC) does not dependably handle Yiddish text. Sometimes it will break words at arbitrary points when it comes to the end of the line. See attached screenshot. I've highlighted certain words in green. You can see that when some of them reach the end of the line, they are getting broken in the middle of the word. Hyphenation is turned off, this should not be happening.

I've attached an InDesign package with this page and its font, if you'd like to play with it and see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

I posted this in the wrong place (XD). Sorry if I seem to be putting this on blast.
    I've been hoping for this for a long time, and I hope others agree.

A feature that would increase my workflow in a major way is this:

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have option to display non-printing objects

Having an option to display non-printing objects can be very useful if you want to have notes or other visual markers in your document that you do not wish to be printed.

Right now when you choose an object to be non-printing, it becomes invisible. If you would have a checkbox that would toggle its visibility that would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change position of Trashcan icon in Index palette

You can create a new index entry at the cursor position by dragging an existing page reference to the Create New Index Entry icon at the bottom of the Index palette. However, that icon is adjacent to the Trash icon, and both are small. It is too easy to drag the existing page reference onto the Trash icon instead, thus deleting (without a warning!) the existing entry instead of creating a new one. Moving the Trash icon to between the Update Preview or Generate Index icons would reduce this risk. Or add some space and/or a vertical line before the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spiral text in a path

Text on the spiral path tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Radial text box

I’d like to have my text radiate from the outside or inside of round text boxes. Like the spokes of a bicycle.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TYPEKIT FONTS - same download / deletion timeframe as the apps themselves! offline usage necessary

WHY? are you tighter and stricter on tiny fonts and more flexible on big apps (i.e. 30 days offline access)?
    HOW? do i use CC apps offline and design text work without FONTS?
    if you can limit access to apps to the end of subscription, and you can limit font access by requiring being online, ergo you can design access to your components anywhere on the timeline between those 2 endpoints. it makes zero sense to be flex on offline app access, then strict and tight on offline typekit font access. cool on the larger and jerks on the smaller?…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Convert hidden hyperlink destinations to endnotes?

I want to create, from an InDesign file, a list of the hyperlink destinations, and at the same time create footnote callouts in the text after each word that is formatted as a hyperlink. I want to format the normally invisible hyperlink destinations as endnotes. Possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A Home Page for Publish Online Documents

Allow us to assign uploaded documents to a home page that would display several at once. And allow us to give it a human-readable address. That'd make linking to these documents easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix dictionary translating from US to UK (and vice versa) in macOS High Sierra

Dictionary not working correctly after upgrading to macOS High Sierra. I translate many documents from US to UK spelling (and the reverse). The dictionary used to work perfectly, but since moving to High Sierra neither dictionary recognises incorrect spellings from the wrong continent. It thinks all the spellings are correct. I've checked all paragraph styles, basic paragraph styles and preferences to no avail, so deleted my preferences but this feature no longer works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bad visualization

Hi. Many times I delete a text and the visualization is not good. I do not know if this is the place to comment on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. An easy way to design a flowing

An easy way to create a cover that wraps and flows around a magazine, without having to mess with page location or having to create the cover on a spread in a another document

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base