1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLUGIN to convert PMD to INDD

With InDesign CC19 I can't open all my PMD files (several hundred)!!!
    I hope that you will realize a plugin.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A customisable list of acronyms and words that the program can be made to use

I know that there is the ability to use a user dictionary which I use, but it would be nice if there was a exceptions list to put works in that would stop the autocorrect trying to change them or if they are put in - incorrectly they are changed to the right version. For example ISO seems to end up as Iso or ISo even though its been added to the user dictionary and Auto correct and There are some American words that I have to use as they are product related - Customization rather than customisation. Also to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share for Review comments link to incorrect spreads on web viewer after reordering pages in InDesign

I am using the new Share for Review feature to get feedback on a 100+ page document I am working on. Previously I tested reordering pages on a small document, and all comments and pins stayed attached to the page they were originally placed on, even when its page number changed.

However, after adding some pages to this larger document, I'm running into a problem where the comments are pinned to the correct page inside Indesign, but the wrong one in the web viewer. On the web, it seems to ignore the added pages and goes by the original page…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cloud InDesign Share for Review Layers

Currently cloud reviews can't turn on or off layers and we have to open in Acrobat in order to comment on layers. With the new Cloud Share for Review can you please include Layers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export from Pages Panel

The Pages panel — with pages selected — has a "print spreads/print pages" option in the contextual menu.

An option to export the selected spreads/pages to PDF would be useful, especially if it could be done seamlessly, without need for the Export Adobe PDF dialog.

Alternatively, the CMD-E shortcut with pages/spreads selected in the pages panel should bring up the Export Adobe PDF dialog with the selected page range already entered.

This would be especially useful when exporting contiguous pages!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preference to always select pages when placing multi-page PDF

When placing a multi-page PDF there should be a preference to always show import options. When I place a multi-page Word file I don’t only get the first page, I get the whole document. I should at least have the option to do this with PDFs.

I am aware that I can access Show Import Options when placing a file through a dialogue, but that is an extra step and it is unavailable when using drag-and-drop.

Please add a preference to “Show Import Options When Placing Multi-page Graphic Files.”

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Print Booklet needs to support booklets with more than 4-up, e.g., up to 6-up

Print Booklet needs to support booklets with more than 4-up, e.g., up to 6-up.
    The team I am part of produces many z-fold documents in excess of 4-up, often 5-up or 6-up. We need the functionality in Print Booklet to support that. The existing maximum 4-up just isn't enough/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow object style to be added to cc libraries

Allow object styles to be added to CC libraries just like paragraph and character styles. with my paragraph styles panel open all I have to do is select a style and the double square with and arrow icon in the bottom left corner to add to my current selected library. I'm asking to be able to do the same thing with object styles.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share for review - Select range

Hi, Loving the share for review feature, makes the proofing process so much easier, thanks adobe!

Really missing one feature thouh,: our documents often have alternate layouts, and we'd like to have an option for reviewing just one layout at a time, same as the feature in the publish online-tool. Please add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. InDesign Preflight should be pressready (default)

InDesign Preflight should be pressready (default)
    Bleed 3 mm, no low-resolution images,
    no RGB-swatches, no missing links or fonts,
    no missing glyphs.
    That would be great.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Failed to export pdf file - why?

The export process dies with the error mesage "Failed to export pdf file".

Please include the cause of the error! How can a simple user figure out what was the cause of the error? Practically the whole production process stops here, because inDesign continuously refuses to export the PDF.
    I'm able to export the PDF 2-3 times, then the error comes. I can get rid of the error only by restarting the computer - obviously not a solution when working on catalogs.

Dear IT team, please include what is the cause of the PDF export problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make an option for "freezing" document window during searches

Currently, when executing a series of finds, a document with spreads will jump around within a window, even if view is set to "fit spread in window," as described in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/searching-a-file-in-indesign-causes-the-spread-to-jump-all-over-the-place/m-p/11118210?page=1#M185629

The expected behavior is that the page where the text is found should be centered on the page. That does not work with spreads. If panels are open on the side of the window, found text can frequently be hidden from view.

So I believe there is a bug with the expected behavior. But it would be even better than the expected behavior if there were a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why Is My Epson Printer Showing Offline in Windows 10

Having printing issues? Looking to realize How To Fix A Printer That Wont Print? At that point, connect with howtofixmyprinter.com. Show signs of improvement Printer Problems And Solutions from master professionals at a moderate cost.
    Visit here: https://www.errorsdoc.com/epson/solved-why-is-my-epson-printer-say-offline-in-windows-10/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GPU Support Indesign Windows 10 is urgently needed!

Why is GPU Support for Windows/Indesign not already running yet?
    Other vendors have still good and fast running...
    Plaes give soon a feedback when we can start with GPU Power in Indesign on Windows Systems...
    Otherwise the way leads to other products, which support GPU (for ex. NVidia Quad) under Windows 10...
    It is no option for us to use old MACs ;-)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please reinstate this feature: Cmd-H to hide program with no open documents

In InDesign, you can’t hide the program with Cmd-H when no documents are open any more.
    It’s a feature I use a lot, and has suddenly stopped working. As far as I know it has been there since the beginning.
    Why on earth someone thought it was a good idea to remove this is beyond me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Glyph preference

Hello,

I've encountered a problem where a client is requesting all glyphs for the letter 'g' be changed to an alternate glyph within the same typeface.

Whilst style and GREP methods might work, a method to be able to quickly change the default primary glyph within a set would be amazing.

Currently I can see a small triangle in the corner of the primary used glyph within the glyph window, but would love to be able to move that to the alternate version for that font on that machine within InDesign.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. FORM - COMB, order, styles

Primarily, for me, is the painstaking task of setting "comb of" characters, and even worse setting the right tab order.

Panel for setting tab order in InDesign, under Object>Interactive is horrible. It is too small, height-wise, and does not function well all the time. Often it happens to "jump". I get nr. 47 after 46, but it jumps before 46.

I sometimes have over 70 form fields to sort on a single page and it is taking too much time and patience to set it right.

If you could work on that tab order panel, make it larger, and give…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add ability to edit all InDesign form fields in a table for faster creation and edits

I can create beautiful forms using InDesign. For example, I create intake documents and questionnaires for law firms. Some of these forms can become dozens of pages long with hundreds of fields. Consider the vast array of information required for an estate plan. For some of these forms, the number of fields becomes literally too many to manage on a one-at-a-time basis.

Imagine if there was an option to edit a table of all the form fields in a document once created. This process could potentially become super-streamlined.

One would still be required to draw in the fields, but once…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Online InDesign document for client text edits — like InCopy but online without the need for technical know-how or files to move around

I wish there was a way to post InDesign files online that would easily allow proofreaders, editors, clients or anyone without a lot of technical know-how to log in and make text edits. Freeing up designers from spending countless hours making text edits.

We tried InCopy, but we store files on a shared server and move files up and down through a project management tool. Being able to properly move the InDesign and linked icml files was way too confusing for our writers and proofreaders and out of the question for clients.

When we work on PPT presentations, we post…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base