1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust book cover spine

Please give us back the former option of layout adjustment (see screen capture) !!
    It was so simple and so easy to change page format and objects adjusted well !
    For exemple when doing a book cover :
    before, you could change the page width of the spine, and if there was a colored frame on it, its width would adjust too (but not the height if the height of the page didn't change)
    Now, if you change the page width, the object is scaled (height and width) wich is absolutely counter productive : now you must manually rescale and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Indesign should Natively already have the capability 2 expensive 3rd party plugins add. EasyCatalog and in5 should not be needed at all.

EasyCatalog plugin by 65bit vastly improves Indeisgn's terrrible and dated Data automation and catalogue ability. It is expensive and adds features indesign should do much better by now. Same is true for in5 a plug in to add html 5 export ability and makes up for the total abandonment of the DPS options. Lucidpress offers better digital magaizne options and spreadsheet linking at the moment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would like a feature that would set type flush left to the longest centered line

I often need to set poetry extracts in books so that they are flush left to the longest centered line in the extract—see attached examples. 

The workarounds a cumbersome and/or time consuming. 

It would be great if there was a setting to do this automatically.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Datamerge export as PDF/VT or other variable print file format (such as VPS)

I use the datamerge function alot to create variable print products such as letters with names and address etc. I also use variable graphivs too. The problem is that when I have an 80,000 run the PDF files and ripping times are getting longer and longer. Ideally I want to be able to export as a PDF/VT file format or a VPS. This will mean that instead of sending the graphics 80,000 times to the RIP of the printer it will instead send the graphic once and the data and graphics are assembled as it prints. There are external plugins…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give icons in the Corner Options dialogue their proper orientation

Instead of using the same orientation for each corner option icon in the Corner Options dialogue, give each corner an icon with the proper orientation. See After.png.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. remove canvas size limits for wide format printing _ or make an option to work in 10% scale mode

Either remove the limitations or provide a "10% mode" that can be switched to (with a click of a button) that calculates dimensions and gives a visual representation of the artwork degradation of the files after enlarging to 100%

actually anything that would help large format printers - which is a large part of your user base - but seems to be forgotten during your program design stage

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Anchored Objects need be able to apply a text wrap when placed before their anchor point in text

For example, if the reference text for an image falls on the lower half of a right hand page, but the placement of the image works better at the top of that page—or even on the facing left hand page—the text wrap should be able to work before the object's anchor point in the text. Otherwise, when dealing with long documents, this feature is somewhat useless if you can only anchor some of your objects.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop appending the word "folder" to all package folder names

I really really really hate that I have to waste 8 keystrokes (yes, I count the down-arrow to get to the end of the package name) on every single package I make. At least give me the option to change the default suffix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes; endnotes to separate chapter

PLEASE add these features to the footnote and endnote functionality of InDesign:
    - Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes throughout the various indd files within a book document
    - Ability to put the endnotes of the different indd files within a book document in a separate .indd file at the end of the book; numbering continuous OR per chapter.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can you please fix the font scrolling issue? When scrolling through fonts it jumps back to the top of the font list

Can you please fix the font scrolling issue? When scrolling through fonts it jumps back to the top of the font list. It never used to do this in previous versions.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

11. MathML Support

We need to have InDesign to support MathML, this is much awaited feature, but not supporting in InDesign yet.

Currently we're using 3rd party plugins such as MathType, MathTools, PowerMath, etc. but not meeting our expectation, also high license cost than InDesign.

@ALL: Please support to include this feature in InDesign in the very near release.

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Nested Styles - Add more options to apply them to END of a paragraph

When creating a nested style, the only options we have for its activation point are [through] *** or [up to] ***. This means they're designed to have an affect only at the START of a paragraph, and to work only from left to right. This is very inflexible, and it's frustrating to work around, especially if we want particular style variation to occur somewhere at the END of paragraph.

It would be really helpful if in addition to the two existing options, you added ones like [after] or [after first instance of] or [after nth instance of] or [before last…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow more formatting of running heads

I'm working on a book whose running heads use both bold and roman type. (Chapter 1: Chapter title where "Chapter 1:" is bold and "Chapter TItle" is roman. As far as I know, I can't use variables or automatic section heads to format this way so have resorted to having a separate master page for each chapter.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Table of Contents: Character Style Improvements

TOCs need to be able to do three different things with character styles that are included in text in a generated TOC:

1. The Character Style stays present in the TOC (this is currently what InDesign does)
    2. The Character Style is stripped.
    3. The Character Style is mapped to another character style.

These settings should accessible in the Style: <stylename> section of the TOC options -- customizable for each paragraph style used to generate the TOC.

The most notable use for the mapping style is when the typeface between the TOC and the body text of the book differs,…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics ...Really?

Hey Adobe, stop changing interfaces and ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID QUIPS. "When in doubt make a layout", "Let's design great graphics today Brian", "Put your projects into focus today" ...Really? I use Adobe for my job, I am already doing these things, I dont need a fucking reminder from YOU to do my job. STOP IT.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BETTER TABLE CONTROL FEATURES!!!!

this!!! Complete overhaul to tables in InDesign !!!!! https://forums.adobe.com/message/10898726

IT IS SO ON THE MONEY and I am sure there are other great suggestions here, but seriously indesign tables are pathetic

right now I am especially vexed by this fact that Joe Jacob writes:
    "Why is it that the total width/height of a table cannot be constrained to the size of the bounding box it's in? Why, when the table exceeds these limits, does a column or row just disappear? "

"Why am I left just eyeballing it to make sure my table is neat and evenly spaced out? Why…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outline Stroke

Its 2019 and its not possible to convert a path into a shape like in illustrator.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add "Blur" Panel (for all Elements like Boxes/Images/Groups) as in XD

There should be an easy and time saving option to blur (0-100%) any elements in InDesign – just like the possibilities in Adobe XD. Especially for creating great web designs this would be a big benefit (more possibilities, less time).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export HTML keep set names for text anchors

When exporting to HTML, the process removes all text anchor naming from InDesign and renames them chronologically (e,g. _idTextAnchor002). This is very frustrating when you want to keep nice, logical names for user navigation, or set an anchor to be referenced externally. Currently, make new anchors links in the document changes other anchors links (i.e. if you place an anchor link between the 1st and 2nd link, that link takes on the id and name for the 2nd link, and all other links get pushed so 2nd becomes 3rd, 3rd becomes 4th). This is terrible if users what to share…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Scroling Frame in PDF

Make Scroling Frame exportinable in PDF or over publishing formats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)