When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to apply object styles on document import.

We should have an option to apply object styles on import. There used to be a script that would do this but it isn't updated anymore. The ability to load a place brush and choose an object style for each page as i place them would be a tremendous time saving workflow for importing long documents. If we could somehow build that into "multi-page Importer" that would add pages to my document on import, too, it would be perfect.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to define bullet symbols

It would be nice to be able to either utilize a selected Glyph as a bullet symbol or at least search for a symbol within a font via UNICODE like you can in the Glyphs toolbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make "Justify Text Next to an Object" work in all cases

As it stands, text wrapping around an object only responds to this preference (and justifies) when it wraps around the left and right sides of the object. It should work even if it only wraps around one side.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to assign a shortcut to [None] in the Character Styles window.

Because you sometimes want to REMOVE a character style and it would be very beneficial to be able to use a shortcut for that as well.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow negative indentation!

Please allow negative indentation!

That would make all kinds of hanging bullets, chapter numbers and outdentations easy without any workaround (like "indent everything but the headlines and lists" ...). It would make text layout faster, purer and cleaner, as the type area could be correctly defined just for the copy text.

I think this simple change should be easy to implement and bring enormous relief for our craft.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Paragraph Rules Dialogue Re-design

Re-design the Paragraph Rules section of the Paragraph Styles dialogue. See attached. The mockup is not refined, but it looks like it will work.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include Endnotes in Find/Change

Include Endnotes in Search options for finding and changing text

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Choose the language of the interface

The idea would be to be able to change the language of indesign as in Phostohop. After installing the desired languages via the Creative Cloud, it would be possible to choose the language in which you want to work. Most of the time people use 2 languages, English and their own language.
    Why not install default international English and be able to choose another language for installation.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Temporarily disable GREP styles

I'm working on a long document that uses GREP Styles. the applied styles only change the colour of text, so they don’t affect the flow of text. But they sure do slow down the program. I would like to be able to disable the GREP Styles in the paragraph style to speed up the program. The only way to disable GREP Styles is to remove them from the style definition. I duplicated the style to keep a backup of my GREP expressions, but what would be better is a way to individually disable the styles while keeping the expression in…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In Mojikumi Table, paragraph indent size to be fixed without depending on the first character

InDesign Japanese Edition 15.0 or earlier
    At present, the indent size depends on the attribute of the first character, so when the character with a different size or scale comes first, the indent amount changes.
    Instead, I want the indent to be fixed based on the text size in the paragraph style or frame grid settings.
    The attached image is the current specification.

P.S. If the first character of a paragraph has a decoration such as an underline, the decoration will also accompany the indentation. I think this is a bug.(additional.jpg)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Crop Marks In 100 Percent Black

Please add the capability to produce crop marks in 100 percent black. In the 2019 printing industry, not having this feature accessible is mind boggling. While there may always be a need for offset printing along with crop marks in registration builds, to ignore the needs of the growing digital printing market is a grave oversight on Adobe's part. Print shops are losing enormous amounts of money in click rates by not being able to produce a true black and white side with crop marks. This especially affects four color over black printing.

From 2013 to 2018, the digital printing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automaticly update old files after large update

After the last update(2020) of InDesign, i started creating a book file. When I loaded the files in the book file, all files had to manually be saved again in the new version of InDesign. When creating a book of more than 100 files, it is verry time consuming. To create alle the books(multiple each month whit files that are already created), i have more than 1000 files wich have to be updated to the latest file. To do this i have found a script wich make this less time consuming, but it is still a lot of work. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Interface

To the "Paragraph Styles" Tab (and any other Tab that has something like a list, layers, links, etc.) allow the user to use different colors for every row (like the "Action" Tab in Photoshop), but something the user can choose. It would make more easy to identify some styles that you use more often or are more important.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use the Articles tab to designate the reading order in a PDF

When creating an accessible PDF, InDesign should use the Articles Tab rather than the Layers Panel to structure the Reading Order. It reads properly but once you check the accessibility, the "Reading Order" panel shows a MESS. It's based on the Layers Panel which is madness to try and re-structure when creating a large form with hundreds of form fields. The Articles Panel is needed to set the tab order anyway. This would make the most sense to me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A search and replace that is a series of search and replaces

Often users need to run a series of search and replaces on a document. Why not create an S&R that runs a series of S&Rs in a user-defined order. It'd be great for cleaning up text. Also, allow users to decide if each S&R is run as "replace all" or with the user deciding each replace.

In addition, allow S&Rs to be run automatically when text documents (typically from Word) are placed. Choosing that would be one option in the Place window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Control paragraph rules when same styles

I love being able to control space above/below in Paragraph for consecutive application of the same Paragraph Style.

I would love to similarly apply a rule above only to the first paragraph in a sequence or a rule below only on the last paragraph in a sequence, with an interface on the Paragraph Rules pane of the Paragraph Style definition similar to the "Space between paragraphs using same style" field in the Indents and Spacing pane.

This will greatly simplify and enhance my options in an automated XML workflow with multi-paragraph fields in a newspaper production setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. use bursh tool

Comcast enjoys both residential and commercial customers in more than 40 states and has nearly 22 million internet subscribers. It is well known for its services. It started providing internet way back in 1996 and has today established itself as a regarded business conglomerate all over the world. Comcast has left a worldwide impression with its telecommunication services and hence, Comcast users bestow their full trust in them. . After concentrated analysis of the problem, the expert will give you an instant solution Comcast Customer Service team is famous for its problem-solving skills and readiness.

https://emailsupportme.com/comcast-customer-service/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CC Library

Allow inline placed text to be linked the way objects are. I.E., multiple formatted text objects from the library in one text frame, but individually linked beginning and end points, similar to a data merge tag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base