1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pair Kerning

There are many occasions where a specific pair of letters do not kern properly, such as ". I would like to be able to select the pair of letters from a particular font that I want kerned throughout an InDesign document, and have them automatically kerned. I don't want to have to apply a style to each instance, or find and replace each instance.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to create a master text file that updates everywhere the content is used, much like DocsFlow or WordsFlow, but better.

I am constantly making catalogs and the proofing process is arduous because we always have to read through text to check for spelling errors, grammar mistakes, etc. If there was a way to create one Master text file (whether it’s an InDesign, Word, Excel doc, etc) and link it to any document, have one or more people edit it, have it update across the board and not override any local changes would be fantastic. Now, I know there are extensions you can use, such as DocsFlow and WordFlow, but the problem with these is that you cannot choose specific text…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Layer Name to the options under Type/Text Variable/Insert Variable

We create a base version and save that as the file name, which we can add to our slug line as Inserted Text, then we have multiple versions which we have to manually add to the slug line before we release proofs to the client. Having the layer inserted into the slug line would be a great improvement to time/accuracy .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PDF conversion retry

In InDesign CC, when you export a file as a PDF , but you previously just exported that same file as a PDF and still have it open, you get an error message saying: "Cannot save to the file [filename].pdf, because it is already open." I would like that dialog box to have a "Try Again" option.

Right now I have to click "OK", close the PDF, then go back through the exporting dialog box. The "Try Again" function would allow me to just close the PDF then just click "Try Again", which would use the same settings I just…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ShortcutKey property to styles

It would be handy to have a shortcutKey property in ParagrapStyle and CharacterStyle objects. I know these properties can be manipulated via idml's Styles file, but it is arduous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CC Libraries, global changes

It'd be great to be able to update Character and Paragraph Styles used in CC Libraries over multiple documents. Frankly, I was shocked to find out I wasn't able to do this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apply character styles to every occurrence of specific index entries

Allow us to apply character styles to every occurrence of specific index entries. For example book titles that are usually italicized.

Under the topic in addition to the sort by options include a checkbox for always apply character style and then the drop down to select a character style.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide Ability to Print Selection

Where I work, we create printed publications and also design advertisements for these publications. All of our advertisements are designed in a document using a standard InDesign template with a grid. This template is the same size as our publications and is larger than the standard letter size page dimensions that we like to print our proofs. The problem is that in order to print proofs on letter size paper, the ad must always be shrunk because of the larger document template dimensions. So, the ad always appears much small than it really is when printed. We could just simply…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Password protect an ebook

I was disappointed after I spent many hours creating an online ebook tutorial to sell to our customers when I discovered there is no way to password protect an ebook. Please consider adding this feature.

Thanks

Kathleen Nash

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. publishing online

can publishing online stats go back to showing the individual read numbers in the list of publications instead of the new system where you have to click on each publication to see the reads??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Duplicate spreads/pages must merged with Move Spreads/pages and provide a dialog instead of dropping duplicates in the end of the current do

The pages, duplicated through "duplicate page menu" are placed after the last page, which is usually the last page of the cover. They aren't needed there. Frankly speaking they are needed elsewhere. The duplicated spread should provide a dialog similar to moving page with the same options. That why it is user friendly to merge those options in one dialog.

Even the current implementation of the move dialog would work if the option to keep the moved pages was awailable for the current document. I don't understand why it was blended out in the first place.

The dialog must be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create the condition from a list of paragraphs/character styles

Ability to create the new condition form a list of paragraph style or character styles
    I would improve the ability to search on more than 1 paragraph/character style at once.

Sometimes you have to search more than one style – rather than go through each style at once, the ability to create a condition to select a range of styles would be useful.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the inconsistency of the text wrap from Indesign to Incopy - we randomly get where the text wrap is lost in InCopy.

Fix the problem with InCopy dropping the text wrap. So irritating - this needs to get fixed!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stroke styles

Allow us to create and name custom Stroke Styles. These would be in addition to Object Styles.

Stroke Styles could be used to specify a custom underline, strikethrough, or paragraph rule. Stroke Styles could also be applied to paths and called by Object Styles.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Advanced HTML5 export camparable to FrameMaker

I need an HTML5 export comparable to FrameMaker: I need all these options and even more. One of the most important one is splitting of HTML pages and automatic creation of a navigation structure based on these headings.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hyperlinks from word

It would be good/wonderful, if the hyperlinks from a word document would import like the endnotes and footnotes. Right now it takes a lot of my time to enter them manually in long documents. When you have approximately 10-15 hyperlinks per page in a 60 pages documents it takes too much times...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow file paths to be copied from the Missing Images pop-up window

1. When creating a Merged Document using Data Merge, InDesign displays a pop-up window if it detects any images missing from the Data Source. The Missing Images pop-up window lists the file paths of the missing images. In older versions of InDesign, the file paths could be copied directly from the pop-up window. This is no longer possible with the latest version of InDesign.

2. Being able to copy lists of missing image paths directly from the Missing Images pop-up window is valuable to me because I frequently use Data Merge to make merged documents containing tens of thousands of images. My…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom stroke styles, that can be shared with Illustrator (and vice versa)

Stroke styles like those of Illustrator, where the library and styles can be created in either and shared between both programs

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. InCopy - Give more pdf options in InCopy (pdf presets available)

It would be very helpful if the pdf preset options exist also in InCopy. Here, it is the Incopy user who creates and sends the pdfs for corrections (after his last adaptations). The options in InCopy are very poor…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Endnote citation order

Looking to expand the scope of endnotes and footnote to include multiple stories in a document so that the citation order follows reference where it falls on the page, not just a single story.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base