1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4922 results found

1. new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'

Please create a new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'. I have just answered for the 3rd time a client's question why "The text is all in pink boxes but the Find Font dialog says there's no missing font, how can this be?!" Typically this happens when Western-language documents are translated to an Asian or Cyrillic language by pasting in the supplied translation. If the designer is doing the pasting themselves, and if they're experienced enough, they can usually figure it out. But if the translation company does it and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Use links with CC Libraries

I think it would be great to be able to use linked files in CC Libraries. We have a lot of master art on shared drives, and it wouldn't be practical to have it all in the cloud in a Library. For our team, this would be a huge addition... to store a shard-drive link to the file and a thumbnail, instead of uploading the entire asset.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. EPUB export with common settings fails validation

If you specify in EPUB (Reflowable) Export Options that CSS should be "Relative" instead of "Fixed," InDesign adds unnecessary "absolute positioning" attributes to the CSS which fails EPUB 3.x validation. If you change it to Fixed, then the images resize incorrectly.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rättelser

När man ska göra rättelser med textverktyget är inte funktionen optimal.
    Först brukar man ju markera det som ska ändras och sedan skriva in ändringen. Det jag har problem med är att man måste trycka två gånger på första bokstaven som ska ändras vilket är mycket frustrerande och lätt innebär att det blir fel i texten.
    Varför fungerar inte verktyget så att man markerar och så skriver man in ändringen som man gör i andra program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More than 10 page spreads.

Allow the user to connect much more than 10 pages together in InDesign. I would like this so I can organize a large document with many pages. I am creating a digital book about plant taxonomy and would like to organize the pages this ways so that I can easily navigate this large document taxonomically while in the program. The pages will be printed individually so the layout in the document is not for the printing process but for organization.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fully support Metric units of measure for ALL Adobe applications!

ALL Adobe products should allow type sizes to be specified using Metric units of measure instead of Imperial units of measure. This would avoid errors from converting between two different units of measure.

This website (https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/metric-typo/) also recommends the use of a publishing 'metric point' equivalent to .25 mm because it corresponds to the dot pitch of many computer monitors.

There is also a unit of measure called the English Metric Unit that is equal to 914400, which would make it easier for your programmers to convert between Imperial and Metric units of measure. Please see http://polymathprogrammer.com/2009/10/22/english-metric-units-and-open-xml/.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow export to BOTH pages AND spreads in the SAME export window.

Allow export to BOTH pages AND spreads in the SAME export window.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tabs whose location is set from the right instead of from the left (not just the right-aligned tab!)

Recently setting a series of tables of financial data, I noticed that, if the column width varied, I had to set individual decimal-aligned tabs for each column to ensure that the numbers ended up a similar distance from the right edge of the column. (In other words, so that the numbers in the narrow columns aligned correctly on the decimal without having the numbers in the wide columns appear too far to the left.)

Would it be possible to create a set of tab stops whose positions are calculated from the right-hand edge rather than the left? This would have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pixel instead of point sizes for type in a web layout

We would like to be able to measure the type size in indesign as pixels rather than points, when we choose a web layout. The same way that the document size is measured in pixels instead of mm. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Table option to disallow breaking across pages

I would like to be able to specify that a table should not break across columns, frames or pages. It could be an option in the Table Options ('Keep entire table together') that could then be specified in the Table Style. Alternatively, if it's easier, I'd be happy with the existing Cell Option 'Keep with next row' to be available as an option to set in the Cell Style, and I could then apply the appropriate cell style as the basic cell style in the Table Style. This would be much easier than manually selecting each individual table and applying…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Document Time Tracker

This would be a feature to see the dates / time spent on a document. It could be accessed in the documents info panel (attached). This feature would be useful for client invoicing and project managing especially in advertising where time is money.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Slant button to create faux italics

A one-click button to slant text and create faux italics.

Yes, the resulting text won't be real italics. Yes, typographic snobs will look down on InDesign and on you as a designer for using it.

But on projects were it doesn't matter, we get one-button access to make our clients happy and move onto projects where it real italics do matter.

I remember a time when this button was in InDesign, for the love of god, please bring it back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feature Request: Support for Grayscale ICC profiles

Please add support for Grayscale profiles like in Photoshop. In InDesign, I can only define RGB and CMYK working space. In Photoshop, I can also define color space for grayscale files and files with spot colors.
    Many books, magazines or newspapers are still printed using black ink only. Minimal support for grayscale workflow makes creating monochrome documents for different papers complicated as InDesign cannot convert grayscale profiles (ie. from Dot Gain 15% to Dot Gain 25%).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Uncheck Shared Hyperlink Destination by default

In the panel 'New Hyperlink' the box 'Shared Hyperlink Destination' is by default checked. I always (must) uncheck it. Two questions: can I reset these default-settings somewhere. (I think not - but I'll like to do that). There is no possibility to put this check on/off under a shortcut. That should be nice for automation-purpose.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Uncheck Shared Hyperlink Destination by default

In the panel 'New Hyperlink' the box 'Shared Hyperlink Destination' is by default checked. I always (must) uncheck it. Two questions: can I reset these default-settings somewhere. (I think not - but I'll like to do that). There is no possibility to put this check on/off under a shortcut. That should be nice for automation-purpose.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BUG: Option-Drag does not work between spreads

It is possible to copy objects using Alt+Drag command. It works if you work on a single page or single spread.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to Alt+Drag objects from one spread to another spread. This bug was introduced many years ago and it is still present in Adobe InDesign CC.
    Please make the Option-Drag of object consistent and let users copy objects from one spread to another one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. No language for multiple table cells

I create a huge amount of tables for the medical field. The tables have a lot of medical terms and medicines that I do not want to spell check. I could set up a paragraph style for “no language” but some cells do need to be spell checked.

When you select more than one cell down or across there doesn’t seem to be any way to select “no language” at the top of the screen... it automatically goes into paragraph mode and there doesn’t seem to be any way around this.

I would like to select multiple contiguous cells and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Paragraph Overrides

You used to be able to hover your mouse over a paragraph style in the paragraph style panel that had an override (plus sign). When you hovered over this style it would display a tool tip showing you what was overriding that style. This no longer works.

InDesign magazine has even written an article about it... https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-get-tooltips-working-again.php

The only way to fix this problem is to resize the panel. Every time you need to see what is overriding a style you have to resize the panel meaning you may have to resize the panel dozens of times for a document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base