1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4915 results found

1. Fit frame to text WIDTH (not just height)

When working with text in a text frame, we have the FIT FRAME TO CONTENT button that collapses the frame height to the minimum height required to fit the existing text. That's great, use it all the time, but it doesn't collapse the width at all.

It would be nice if there was also a checkbox/option or different button that would also collapse the text frame's WIDTH to the width of the longest line.

This would make it quick and easy to distribute spacing between a bunch of little text boxes aligned in a row. Right now I have to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add German: Reform 2017

Last year in Germany, a new spelling reform has been published. Currently our indesign only offers spelling according to the German Reform 2006: Please advise whether it is possible to update the German Reform to 2017 indesign
    I asked Adobe support online but he asked me submit this feature requests.

thanks

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Free use of units in Move dialog box

In Illustrator, when moving object, you can choose either pt or mm (or others) regardless of your unit settings in Preferences. This is very helpful when working with graphics and text at the same time ... for example I normally work in mm when moving graphics around, but sometimes it is useful to move text for example 2 lines up or down. In Illustrator I can then type '24 pt' in the Move dialog box - but this feature does not exist in InDesign ... I can only move text and objects in mm.
    Would be very helpful to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Swapping Images Command

Please develop Swapping Images Command in Indesign so very easy to swap pictures each other in the document for everywhere means in table or frame.
    Even Big to Small or small to big jus select to frame or table and press the command or shortcuts key of swapping images and It's very useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Selection Overprint Preview

I mean if you have more than 500 pages in Indesign and all have lots of photograph then very difficult to see original preview and It will be take time thats why please develop script for selection and page wise ("whatever want to select and overprint preview") no need to overprint preview whole pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Curvilinear text tool on several lines

Instead of limitating the use of this tool to one line, you should be able to make a paragraph based on the shape you use the curvilinear tool on.

For instance, if i want to write on the edge of a wheel divided in different parts, so that the text follows the shape of the circle. Let's say that the name of the wheel's part is a three lines title, when i press enter, indesign would create another circle on wich the text would follow the curve. see atached picture

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Curvilinear text tool on several lines

Instead of limitating the use of this tool to one line, you should be able to make a paragraph based on the shape you use the curvilinear tool on.

For instance, if i want to write on the edge of a wheel divided in different parts, so that the text follows the shape of the circle. Let's say that the name of the wheel's part is a three lines title, when i press enter, indesign would create another circle on wich the text would follow the curve. see atached picture

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow key bindings, shorcuts and function changes for mice

Similar yet from different worlds, AutoCAD is easy to navigate a layout by zooming in and out with the mouse wheel to where the curser is pointed, as well as to pan by clicking and holding the middle mouse button. Is there a way to do this already? However, it seems that InDesign only allows binding of Keyboard shortcuts. Mouse-bindings can further reduce stress and fatigue when working on documents for extended periods of (Coming from a Civil Drafter of 7yrs). It can also improve the speed of work completed by allowing the user to more fully tailor the InDesign…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hyphenation Options

Please add a checkbox (or something), so that you can turn off hyphenation of words that are connected to an em dash, and for words that already have a hyphen in them. And related to that, please always break hyphenated words/phrases/URLs at the hyphen, instead of adding another hyphen.

We currently have to search for all these "bad breaks" and this feature would be a big help.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the first keystroke count

When I highlight text, I'd like my first keystroke to actually make a change rather than deleting the highlighted text. For instance, if I highlighted the word "CHANGE" (all caps) and started to type "change" (all lowercase), I am left with "ange." My first keystroke of "c" doesn't seem to come through. Thanks for looking into this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When there is a color profile mismatch, allow me to save my color setting from the drop down menu.

When there is a color profile mismatch on opening a document in InDesign, allow me to save the document to my color setting from the drop down menu that appears prior to opening the page(s). I can only do it now by opening with the existing profile and then assigning it my color profile under - Edit - Assign Profile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Defining a Drop Cap

If you define a Drop Cap in a paragraph style WITH a character style and also define a nested style, if there is a single letter word starting the paragraph, the nested style does not recognize it and will apply the nested style to an additional word beyond the deliminator. For example, a nested style through 3 words will apply to the first 4 if the paragraph starts with "I[space]" or "A[space]". It does not do this if [none] is chosen from the character style dropdown in Drop Caps, but only if one is chosen (even when nothing is defined…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting this issue.
    However this behaviour seems to prevail since quite a long time.

I have marked it NeedsReview for consideration in the coming versions of InDesign.

-Aman

13. Style counters

I would find very helpful to have a counter near any style (in particular for tables, but can work with other styles too) that enlights the number of items to whom is assigned the style and add a function, similar to the error panel, in which one can scroll to the elements, double clicking, and be brought to the item itself.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A workflow for properly exporting a dual colour-profiled document

Having both RGB and CMYK in swatches is a great advantage if you want to have a single document exported both to screen and print - but it turned out to be a swatch mess... what about a way to acknowledge similar colors as "equivalents" so we could replace entire document swatches from RGB>CMYK (or the other way around) when this export is needed? changing them individually will eventually cause mistakes.
    and what about replacing entire link library from RGB>CMYK in order to export proper colours? I converted them and assigned all of their profiles in PS but now i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow the dynamic note function to be turned off so notes can be copied and pasted into separate documents

For all those of us who work on illustrated books with end matter, the fact that we cannot turn off the new dynamic note function is a serious problem. It means we can no longer copy notes out of a document and place them at the back of the book in a separate notes section without losing all of the note numbering.

The ability to add and remove notes without having to renumber by hand is great, but please give us the option to turn that off. For exhibition catalogues and academic art books, for example, all the notes have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. enable paragraph style groups to be added to CC libraries

Can you create the ability to group paragraph styles in CC libraries as they can in an InDesign file or template.
    The idea is to have various groups of styles that apply to different document types that we create, and be able to share these across users in the company.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically create page hyperlinks from page. numbers entered to the page in the document

Have an option so that when typing an index and I type in a page number on the index page the program automatically creates a hyperlink to that page - it would save me hours every year. Even if you had to create a column within a table or something to do this.....

Of use the chapter heading at the top of the page to automatically create an index

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Creative Cloud Libraries to InCopy

InCopy users would find CC Libraries very useful in many situations. Why aren't they part of the CC Library party?

They could import selected graphics from a shared CC Lib to the story (as anchored graphics), same as they can Place them now. They could use them to bring in boilerplate text via linked InDesign text. They could use them to add styles to their standalone InCopy docs (eg, the body style for the INDD file the story will be flowed into). I'm sure there are more uses!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Great new palettes

I like Adobe add great features to InDesign:
    1- Ligature Manager: to enable \disable specific ligature(s) in a document, since Unicode and opentype revolutionized the typography abilities.
    2- Kerning Manager: to enable \disable specific kerning pairs in a document, since many non-latin font metrics are badly calculated.
    3- Equation Editor: for maths, chemistry… etc.
    4- Footnote Improvement: to enable user to add marginal footnotes, put footnote in columns… etc.
    Very Much Thanks to Adobe Brains.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base