2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4892 results found

1. bordes de las tablas redondos

seria muy util poder redondear los bordes de una tabla con la facilidad que se redondean los bordes de un rectangulo en AI

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change "w" as a quick key between normal and preview mode!!!

This letter changes between normal and preview mode hiding bleed and pasteboard. It also if you mistakenly are in a text box removes entire editorial sections causing thousand in reprint costs. Everyone I know has had this disaster happen to them and all complain about this. Please change the default to a combination of keys to prevent these problems. We will have to get used to it but everyone will thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Simplify hyperlink process

I've been using Indesign for over a decade but still can't fully understand the hyperlinking process. For example, what is the difference between New hyperlink destination and New hyperlink? (I've read about the difference but still find it kludgy.) What couldn't the process be as simple as when defining a paragraph/character/object style sheet in ID? Why can't I add simple page links to text (sometimes it works, other times it doesn't). Why does the hyperlink panel only provide a URL shortcut and not a simple Go to page #? And why can't I rename previously used hyperlinks by simply double…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. tables calculations

Hello
    Please add the use of mathematics (collection - subtraction - multiplication ...) in the tables without reference to other programs such as Excel, this is needed when designing the examination schedules for schools, to count the final grades of students, and you Muna very thankful

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Anti-Alias Intent to text for graphic export

As web publishing has been an important part of InDesign since 5.5, it would be extremely helpful if anti-alias intent could be determined, either at a paragraph level or on output. Both Photoshop and Illustrator have this feature, and without it, export jpeg and png for web use is not up to publishing quality.

Relatedly, when an image is placed in a document at a scale other than 100%, it would be helpful if the downsampling/upsampling intent could similarly be chosen by the user.

Currently, the only way to produce publishable web materials from InDesign is to export a lossless…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Functionality to edit story order for InCopy and ADA reading order

We update documents several times a year and have just started using InCopy. It would be beneficial to have the ability to control the story order to match your layout. This could be utilized to sync the order when viewing in the story editor mode (especially in InCopy) and additional functionality to pair with Acrobat when setting up ADA compatible file reading order which we do on every file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. subscription

I canceled my subscription to Indesign because I just used it 3 ou 4 times a year and 300 Euros by year it is quite expensive. I try to have acces to my files and I can not open it. I suggest that, in case as like me you spent more than 1000 euros to adobe, you can still have acces at Indesign file and use the version of Indesign you had when you stop your subscription. I really have the feeling to be stollen by adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Grouped items revert to previous layers when moved then ungrouped

InDesign CC 13.1, Windows 10

When I have a group that contains items from various layers, and I move this to a new layer, when I ungroup those items they revert back to their original layers.

I understand the concept that grouping remembers layers, and I like this feature! It used to bug me that grouping brought everything onto the same layer, sometimes altering the appearance. However this seems like an unintended consequence.

Say I have an item on Layer 1 and an item above it on Layer 2. Grouping these items makes them both "appear" to be on Layer…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    This looks more like a feature modification request.
    I am therefore moving this to the “Feature Request” section.

Please keep adding your use-cases.

-Aman

10. Colour picker can't interperet hex values preceded by a hash

If a hexadecimal value is pasted into the hex field in the colour picker with a hash (#) on the front of the value, the picker should be able to ingest it. Currently the hash must be manually removed before the picker will update.

Very minor but very annoying when copying values from other software that includes the hash.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'

Please create a new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'. I have just answered for the 3rd time a client's question why "The text is all in pink boxes but the Find Font dialog says there's no missing font, how can this be?!" Typically this happens when Western-language documents are translated to an Asian or Cyrillic language by pasting in the supplied translation. If the designer is doing the pasting themselves, and if they're experienced enough, they can usually figure it out. But if the translation company does it and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use links with CC Libraries

I think it would be great to be able to use linked files in CC Libraries. We have a lot of master art on shared drives, and it wouldn't be practical to have it all in the cloud in a Library. For our team, this would be a huge addition... to store a shard-drive link to the file and a thumbnail, instead of uploading the entire asset.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. EPUB export with common settings fails validation

If you specify in EPUB (Reflowable) Export Options that CSS should be "Relative" instead of "Fixed," InDesign adds unnecessary "absolute positioning" attributes to the CSS which fails EPUB 3.x validation. If you change it to Fixed, then the images resize incorrectly.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rättelser

När man ska göra rättelser med textverktyget är inte funktionen optimal.
    Först brukar man ju markera det som ska ändras och sedan skriva in ändringen. Det jag har problem med är att man måste trycka två gånger på första bokstaven som ska ändras vilket är mycket frustrerande och lätt innebär att det blir fel i texten.
    Varför fungerar inte verktyget så att man markerar och så skriver man in ändringen som man gör i andra program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More than 10 page spreads.

Allow the user to connect much more than 10 pages together in InDesign. I would like this so I can organize a large document with many pages. I am creating a digital book about plant taxonomy and would like to organize the pages this ways so that I can easily navigate this large document taxonomically while in the program. The pages will be printed individually so the layout in the document is not for the printing process but for organization.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fully support Metric units of measure for ALL Adobe applications!

ALL Adobe products should allow type sizes to be specified using Metric units of measure instead of Imperial units of measure. This would avoid errors from converting between two different units of measure.

This website (https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/metric-typo/) also recommends the use of a publishing 'metric point' equivalent to .25 mm because it corresponds to the dot pitch of many computer monitors.

There is also a unit of measure called the English Metric Unit that is equal to 914400, which would make it easier for your programmers to convert between Imperial and Metric units of measure. Please see http://polymathprogrammer.com/2009/10/22/english-metric-units-and-open-xml/.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow export to BOTH pages AND spreads in the SAME export window.

Allow export to BOTH pages AND spreads in the SAME export window.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tabs whose location is set from the right instead of from the left (not just the right-aligned tab!)

Recently setting a series of tables of financial data, I noticed that, if the column width varied, I had to set individual decimal-aligned tabs for each column to ensure that the numbers ended up a similar distance from the right edge of the column. (In other words, so that the numbers in the narrow columns aligned correctly on the decimal without having the numbers in the wide columns appear too far to the left.)

Would it be possible to create a set of tab stops whose positions are calculated from the right-hand edge rather than the left? This would have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base