When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust Layout - Off by default please.

Finding the new Adjust Layout in InDesign 2019 a bit of a liability as is turned ON by default.

Can you please add a setting to turn off globally and turn on only when needed? Currently doesn't seem possible.

Thanks

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

111 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

2. Export XMP metadata with exported JPG and PNG images

Currently, when you select a single placed image, and choose File > Export and export the selection as a JPG or PNG, any metadata that is present in the image (keywords, description, etc) does not appear in the exported image.

What I would like is that if a single image is selected to export, that InDesign would retain all the XMP metadata (or at least the keywords) applied to the image when the image is exported.

The reason this would be useful is that sometimes users will crop and scale an image in InDesign, and then want to export the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to remove or change the position of the 'home' button in the top left

It would be helpful to be able to move this button as it's so close to 'file' - accidental clicks of it can be irritating. I realize you can use Alt > F to open File, but often a click is easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include possibility to switch writing direction for Hebrew and Arabic in all language versions, not just the ME one.

I am using the Swedish version of InDesign CC and sometimes need to be able to write in Hebrew. But the possibility to change writing direction is only available in the Middle Eastern version, which changes all menus and panels into English. I want to be able to keep all menus and panels in Swedish, but still be able to switch writing direction for Hebrew (and Arabic). I suggest that you include this possibility in all language versions, not just the ME one, so that the original local language can still be used in the user interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share for Review - Updated Link intimation to reviewers

When you originally share for review and enter in the others with whom you want to share it, it allows you to send a note too. If updates are done, it doesn't notify anyone that the update is now on line and there's no box to send them a message that it has.

I would like it to send to everyone on the list a notice that the file has been updating and/or allow the message box to be there so I could at least manually notify them. The way it's set up now, I have to craft an additional…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add "Save Settings" in Preferences

If I want to adjust the settings in 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 – or anything else – permanently, I need to close all my files. This system is extremely frustrating to me. It would be a lot more convenient for there to be an option at the bottom of each of the 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 that would look like this:

● 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
    🗹 Only for this document | ☐ New documents based on this template

By default, the box 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 would be checked. Once you click 🗹 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞, it will be like that for future documents!…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PLUGIN to convert PMD to INDD

With InDesign CC19 I can't open all my PMD files (several hundred)!!!
    I hope that you will realize a plugin.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A customisable list of acronyms and words that the program can be made to use

I know that there is the ability to use a user dictionary which I use, but it would be nice if there was a exceptions list to put works in that would stop the autocorrect trying to change them or if they are put in - incorrectly they are changed to the right version. For example ISO seems to end up as Iso or ISo even though its been added to the user dictionary and Auto correct and There are some American words that I have to use as they are product related - Customization rather than customisation. Also to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cloud InDesign Share for Review Layers

Currently cloud reviews can't turn on or off layers and we have to open in Acrobat in order to comment on layers. With the new Cloud Share for Review can you please include Layers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export from Pages Panel

The Pages panel — with pages selected — has a "print spreads/print pages" option in the contextual menu.

An option to export the selected spreads/pages to PDF would be useful, especially if it could be done seamlessly, without need for the Export Adobe PDF dialog.

Alternatively, the CMD-E shortcut with pages/spreads selected in the pages panel should bring up the Export Adobe PDF dialog with the selected page range already entered.

This would be especially useful when exporting contiguous pages!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Preference to always select pages when placing multi-page PDF

When placing a multi-page PDF there should be a preference to always show import options. When I place a multi-page Word file I don’t only get the first page, I get the whole document. I should at least have the option to do this with PDFs.

I am aware that I can access Show Import Options when placing a file through a dialogue, but that is an extra step and it is unavailable when using drag-and-drop.

Please add a preference to “Show Import Options When Placing Multi-page Graphic Files.”

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Print Booklet needs to support booklets with more than 4-up, e.g., up to 6-up

Print Booklet needs to support booklets with more than 4-up, e.g., up to 6-up.
    The team I am part of produces many z-fold documents in excess of 4-up, often 5-up or 6-up. We need the functionality in Print Booklet to support that. The existing maximum 4-up just isn't enough/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow object style to be added to cc libraries

Allow object styles to be added to CC libraries just like paragraph and character styles. with my paragraph styles panel open all I have to do is select a style and the double square with and arrow icon in the bottom left corner to add to my current selected library. I'm asking to be able to do the same thing with object styles.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share for review - Select range

Hi, Loving the share for review feature, makes the proofing process so much easier, thanks adobe!

Really missing one feature thouh,: our documents often have alternate layouts, and we'd like to have an option for reviewing just one layout at a time, same as the feature in the publish online-tool. Please add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. InDesign Preflight should be pressready (default)

InDesign Preflight should be pressready (default)
    Bleed 3 mm, no low-resolution images,
    no RGB-swatches, no missing links or fonts,
    no missing glyphs.
    That would be great.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Failed to export pdf file - why?

The export process dies with the error mesage "Failed to export pdf file".

Please include the cause of the error! How can a simple user figure out what was the cause of the error? Practically the whole production process stops here, because inDesign continuously refuses to export the PDF.
    I'm able to export the PDF 2-3 times, then the error comes. I can get rid of the error only by restarting the computer - obviously not a solution when working on catalogs.

Dear IT team, please include what is the cause of the PDF export problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Scroll document whilst Pop up window is visable (e.g Place)

When any pop up windows like Save/ Place/ Export is open it is useful to be able to scroll the document in background.

For example: In InDesign CS6 and you can scroll the document behind the Place pop-up window. In Adobe CC this function no longer works – which slows the design and layout process down.

This feature was especially useful when producing books with many images in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make an option for "freezing" document window during searches

Currently, when executing a series of finds, a document with spreads will jump around within a window, even if view is set to "fit spread in window," as described in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/searching-a-file-in-indesign-causes-the-spread-to-jump-all-over-the-place/m-p/11118210?page=1#M185629

The expected behavior is that the page where the text is found should be centered on the page. That does not work with spreads. If panels are open on the side of the window, found text can frequently be hidden from view.

So I believe there is a bug with the expected behavior. But it would be even better than the expected behavior if there were a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why Is My Epson Printer Showing Offline in Windows 10

Having printing issues? Looking to realize How To Fix A Printer That Wont Print? At that point, connect with howtofixmyprinter.com. Show signs of improvement Printer Problems And Solutions from master professionals at a moderate cost.
    Visit here: https://www.errorsdoc.com/epson/solved-why-is-my-epson-printer-say-offline-in-windows-10/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base