1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change colour of text dependent on immediate background colour

Some of my jobs involve text being placed on a background image or company logo. Often,, this background has wildly contrasting colours/shades and the text immediately in front of it becomes invisible. I then change the colour of that text from, say, black to white, to render it visible again.

Unfortunately, if there are then any amendments to the text, the white text now lies over a light background and becomes invisible. Currently, I just go over the text with a beady eye and make the amendments accordingly.

Is it, would it, be possible for there to be a script,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Live Collaboration Feature

Please add a function to collaborate on one document with multiple users simultaneously. Version Control is one of the biggest tasks on our Indesign projects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow InCopy to track which file is imported (either by filename, path link?)

I work in magazines, and we go through several Word file versions of a story before it gets placed into the layout (InDesign/InCopy workflow). There have been times when the story has been updated after the copy has been imported into the magazine, and it would be great to see which version is currently in the layout to ensure we're working with the most recent versions of the Word file. Just as you can see the linked images placed in InDesign, InCopy should be able to show the filename in which the copy was imported from!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove style attributes from Style Settings in General tab

The Style settings overview is helpful, but dang would it be amazing to remove some attributes right from that box.

Sometimes something odd will get added to a style if created from existing type (such as shading bottom right corner radius). If I don't want that as part of my style, there is no way to easily remove it. If the style attributes were in a list format, not a running paragraph, you could have a delete icon next to each attribute, that could be deleted. )Take it one step further, and an edit button would take you right to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add to the Object - Arrange menu, add a Behind Object command so that it allows you to place an object behind another instead of just Move A

Add a Behind Object to the Arrange menu that allows you to move a single item behind another object on the screen without using Back or Front Arrangement only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the use of World-Ready composers and Japanese composers in the same document.

Allow the use of World-Ready composers and Japanese composers in the same document so that someone can typeset in every language in the same file. At the moment you have to choose between ME/NA or CJK versions of InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. QR code for EPC/Sepa cannot be generated in indesign

I do not understand why, but plain text qr codes for EPC/Sepa are not correct when generated in indesign. They cannot be scanned from the bank apps.

europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/sites/default/files/kb/file/2018-05/EPC069-12%20v2.1%20Quick%20Response%20Code%20-%20Guidelines%20to%20Enable%20the%20Data%20Capture%20for%20the%20Initiation%20of%20a%20SCT.pdf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Object styles: Display performance

Add the Display performance option to Object Styles.

For example, I want all the barcodes in my files to be displayed at High Quality Display, but want all my photos to appear as Typical Display.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to strip out overloaded Mac system fonts like NOTO in font menu

Later Mac OS's install 100's of fonts that cannot be removed. They clog up the Font menus badly. It makes font selection a nightmare. Noto is but one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back Plug-ins Menu

For managing plug-ins in the current version of InDesign one has to open the CC app and manage plug-ins there. This is unfortunate, since the CC app apparently can't manage installed plug-ins (read "update") without uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in; the "Update" button in Manage Plug-Ins on CC doesn't work, since there is no way to "choose an application."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have a shared dashboard for adobe cloud documents (InDesign) so any studio team member can publish/update documents

Have a shared dashboard for adobe cloud documents (InDesign) so any studio team member can publish/update documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Live captions with artboard names

We create a lot of print files for clients in illustrator and proof them in InDesign. It would be great if we could import live captions for the artboard names of Illustrator files to save us having to type these out every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A lot can be learned by watching this, so that we can also decide.

This design is very good and looking at it, it seems that more and more of this design can be done in the future.https://cityhallnews.com/quickbooks-file-repair/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 画像やテキストのリンクについて

画像やテキストのリンクで、仕様では絶対パスのみだが、
    設定で、相対パスも選べるようにして欲しい。
    WEBサイト制作時のように、
    同じような作品をいくつも作る際に、
    作品毎のフォルダ環境を同じ状態にしておけば、
    リンク更新せずに画像、テキストを自動的に
    拾ってくれるようになり、とても便利だと思う。
    今回サポートに質問させていただき、
    出来ないことに驚いている。
    あって当然の機能だと思います。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool: How to Download and Install it?

Here are the steps for downloading QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool 2018. Follow each step carefully one by one.
    The very first step you need to take is to remove any previous version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
    The next step is to visit the official website of Intuit and download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
    Open the folder where you saved the setup after downloading. To view it, click on it.
    The installation window will appear.
    Accept the terms and conditions by clicking I agree. Click Next later.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    Choose the folder where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Text perfectly aligned with text frame

If the white space on the left/right hand side of a character (image attached) can be ignored, the option of snapping the text frame with objects, guides/grids, could be possible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Just like........actually do *something* to improve InDesign??

Many popular, highly voted Indesign feature requests—even some that you've responded to—have just been sitting here languishing for yearS...literally yearS. Would it be possible to do something? Like... just do something to improve the development of the program we all rely on for our careers? Thanks<3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Conditional Formatting

Have at least a subset of style attributes conditional on the preceding style. For example, it would be great to be able to have different Space Before/Space After or Indent/First Line settings for a Heading3 paragraph when it is Heading2 > Heading3 than for Body > Heading3. Or for a paragraph following an inline image. Or change the type size and leading for a pullquote following Heading1 vs deeper in a story. Could be full paragraph styles or just a subset of attributes (I don't know when changing keep options conditionally would be helpful, but why not?)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Archive pages, spreads, artboards, etc. within a file without deleting them for good

Wouldn't it be great if we could "archive" pages or spreads in inDesign (or artboards in illustrator, photoshop)? I want to be able to show options to my clients, and then narrow down those options by archiving pages without actually deleting them. Because sometimes, bless their heart, they want something from one of those already deleted ideas.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please make live captions work also on anchored images!

Please make live captions work also on anchored images! And when I wait for that - tell us that it is impossible now, beceause I have tried several hours to understand why live captions don't work in my document with anchored images. When I read the user handbooks it doesn't tell me!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base