2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4892 results found

1. Create a text variable window to see and edit values faster

Right now you have to open each variable independently. Then if you want to change the value you have to save and exit each variable. Also you have to open each variable to see the value.

Please create a Text Variable Window with two columns. One for the Name the other for the value. This way we can see the variable and edit the variable. Add the add icon, and add duplicate variable icon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Indesign: Add Previous and Next Buttons in Text Variables input screen

Right now you have to open, save and close each text variable. Please add Previous and Next Buttons in the text variable input screen so you don't have to open and closes each time to edit/add.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is Mediatek Processor Good For Gamers?

When it comes to gamers There are many gamers who like to play games on their smartphone and gamers are also searching is mediatek processor good Yes, it can be a good option for those gamers who want a device with a good processor in budget midrange smartphones. Mediatek offers a balance of both things performance and performance.

Read more information - https://tektechy.com/mediatek-vs-snapdragon-which-is-better/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Footnote Improvement: Footnotes do not always get consecutive numbers. Footnotes within quoted material retain their original numbers.

This post is similar to "Custom numbered footnotes." Footnote Improvement: Footnotes do not always get consecutive numbers. Footnotes within quoted material retain their original numbers. To allow this, all Adobe needs to do is to create a second kind of footnote, the non-sequential footnote. The existing footnote style has a counter that increments by 1 every time the user inserts a footnote. Create a non-sequential footnote style that requires the user to enter the desired footnote number, and do not let that footnote increment the counter in the existing, sequential footnote style. Then the user can select either footnote style,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Fonts for Indesign Server

We have the fact that it is important for us that we have the same possibilities for processing with the Indesign Server as with the desktop. For this, it is essential that we can also retrieve and thus process the Adobe fonts via the Indesign server.
    In the context of the shortage of skilled workers and the move towards automation, such processing is essential for us. The license for the fonts is already paid via the users who do the design and also via the server license, which is considerably more expensive than that of a desktop station.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Quick Key for increaseing space between paragraphs.

A quick key for increasing space between paragraphs would make it quicker to explore and establish paragraph styles. It would be great if there were quick keys to adjust the spacing around the first and last line too, but the space between paragraphs seems more important, personally speaking.

How about Command + Option + Shift + up/down Arrow Keys so it's similar to the quick key to increase/decrease leading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Collaborative Work + Multiple Users Opening the Same File Simultaneously

We need a collaborative environment inside InDesign. We use InD for Proposals and document repositories. We have manually created a library of graphics and text that we use as standard content across multiple documents. We have a team that is constantly asking for access to the file. The lack of version history reverting and tracking makes this a nightmare on top of the fact that only one person can have the file open at a time. Then, you open it, and on PC it says its a read-only file so you have to save-as a new file name. Document integrity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Toggle "Preview" ON by default

I'd like to see the effect of what I'm doing e.g. in the Paragraph panel by default. Can't find this in the application or on Google. This could easily be an option in the Preferences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Links Panel: Show Exact Matches only

When re-linking files, add an option to show "Exact matches only". Adobe Premiere has this. So when you're looking for the file you're re-linking, all files are greyed out except for the one that matches your file name.

Find the Premiere equivalent in German attached!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ajouter ue outil de sélection de tous les blocs de texte

ajouter un outil de sélection de tous les blocs de texte par page ou par document. permet de dupliquer les blocs dans des calques de langue différentes sans avoir a sélectionner manuellement bloc par bloc pour les associer.
    ou outil de selection par type ex: selection de toutes les images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Align Stroke to Outside option by default

For me the default Stroke Alignment setting should be Outside. I am always using boxes and frequently need to change the stroke widths. Since the default setting is Center alignment, this resizes the box, which I can't imagine anyone ever wanting. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the default stroke alignment to Outside, so I am constantly having to change this in the Stroke window. Which means we must have the Stroke window open simply because we cannot set the Outside as default. InDesign 19.2, Mac Ventura.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hide all text and picture box borders when hiding Guides.

I wish InDesign would hide all faint text and box borders when hiding the document Guides. I am forced to go to Overprint Preview to hide those, which slows down the design process, because Overprint Preview mode is very slow and not at all smooth to scroll through multiple book pages to preview designs without the distractions of seeing any faint text boxes. I don't see this ability in any of the Settings menus. Indesign 19.2, Mac Ventura 13.6.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a shortcut after a program update

When InDesign (or any other Adobe app is updated), I have to find the old shortcuts, delete them, hunt for the new program version and manually create a new shortcut and pin it to the taskbar. Is there a way to automate this or make it easier? Can it be done in CC?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. artificial intelligence for text

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to have InDesign apply some artificial intelligence for looking at the text? Like what ChatGPT can do, but then integrated into InDesign. Checking the complexity, readability, Colorcontrast, tone-of-voice etc of your text. Would love to see that. Or suggestions on how to solve readability-issues for accessible PDF! Yeah!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. intelligent swatches for type

When changing selection from object to text frame swatches should change to the text itself intead of the text box.
    I always accidentially fill the text box with colour first instead of the text. I think, users want to change the text colour a lot more often than the colour of the text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The best online games that you can win and play with friends

The best online games that you can win and play with friends

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Zoom when clicking on errors in the Preflight window

One thing has been bothering me for a long time in Indesign. I am working on a document and activate my print control in the Preflight window, if I then find errors, e.g. under "Text", I simply click on the underlined number of the page on the right and am then taken to where the error is. Unfortunately, it is always set to my 1:1 zoom, so if I want to investigate the error more closely, I have to zoom in manually or with my zoom-shortcut. If I click on the page again at the next error, I end up…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keep text box attributes when creating outlines.

When creating outlines for text, InDesign should separate out the text box and turn that into an object with the same parameters that were initially set. So, if I have white text in a black box with a yellow stroke, the black box with yellow stroke should remain in the layout when selecting "Create Outlines". Right now the box disappears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Control When to Update Graphic Links

This is sort of already here, but my suggestion is more specific: Currently, graphic links are updated when a document opens. When a link is changed, it automatically updates with a document – but only the first time. After that, we need to click update in the links panel, which is a little onerous when I'm updating links often. It would save a lot of clicks if we could specify in the preferences to ALWAYS update links without asking (or not). So, it would be great to have two settings:
    • update links automatically, always, without asking
    • update links…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Eyedropper function to swatch options

Add eyedropper functionality to Swatch Options so that I can quickly sample a colour from anywhere on my screen to change an existing colour (similar to photoshop colour picker).

I am in the process of updating a calendar which has numerous elements coloured by month name on each page - the client has given me an image of 12 swatches to change each month colour and an eyedropper would make this much easier...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base