1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select All Across Pages

PLEASE create an option to select all objects or text over the entire document instead of just the page/spread you're on. Making a universal change to the document, such as outlining the type is such a pain having to manually change from page to page. I've seen MULTIPLE threads online for the past 8 years of people requesting this, and it hasn't been resolved.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Anchored Objects should be able to be sent to back so text can print above the object

It would be nice if text could print above an anchored object

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add hanging punctuation for chevrons

Hanging punction is currently not working with chevrons (« ») – which are used in Germany, Spain, Italy, France & Norway. In Quark XPress this works perfectly with one click. I am a professional typographer and would like to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. Kind regards Egil Haraldsen

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PLEASE give senior discounts to Adobe products.

Senior citizens who have used Adobe products when they were employed would like to continue but because of fixed income cannot afford the monthly fee. Can you please give discounts like you do students?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Offer "set number value" for a numbered list item

Could you make it possible to right-click a numbered list item so that we can make it start at any number we like?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Apply Master Pages Across Multiple Documents in a Book File.

I use Book Files quite often in my job to create catalogs. These catalogs have multiple sections. It would be nice to be able to set up master pages one time that could be shared for all the documents that make up that book. Kind of like applying the same exact character or paragraph styles across multiple docs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A word count that doesn’t take a year to do its job

A word count that doesn’t take a year to do its job

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Indesign needs a 125% and 175% UI scaling support.

That's true for all Adobe products. They should all support UI scaling in at least 25% increments since so many monitor rezolution on som many monitor physical sizes exists. The curent possible options makes setting a functional workspace eighter very crowded or so small it's unreadable. It needs to be fixed!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Table of Contents

Table of Contents styles should be able to take a selected page range, and generate a TOC based on only that page range.

Many books have multiple TOCs these days — a master TOC up front, and TOCs at the beginning of each chapter or section, and often a hidden TOC that is used to generate PDF bookmarks.

Being able to limit page ranges would mean less manually edited of generated TOCs, faster TOC generation, and needing to use fewer paragraph/character styles to handle them!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Groups, Smart Groups, and Searching in Links Panel

The links panel should support Groups and Smart Groups. Large numbers of links in projects -- especially those that include a lot of InCopy assignments -- get unwieldy.

Ideally you would be able to make groups and manually move links into them, and also create smart groups that would automatically update. Ideas for common filters that smart groups would be used for:

All CMKY images, all non-CMYK images, all InCopy links, all links that need to be updated, all links that are embedded or not, all links that are currently on a Hidden Layer or hidden via conditional text, etc.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Attach paragraph/character style to a table cell definition

I think that it would be really useful if you could attach a paragraph or character style to the definition of a table's cell. So if I choose Table Header Cell Style it immediately responds with the correct typeface, shading etc. At the moment, I then have to apply a paragraph style once I have chosen a cell style. Which seems unnecessary

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy dependent files to Links on save

Can we please have a checkbox in the Save dialog that enables us to automatically collect all dependent files to the Links folder when saving the file?

I know there is an option to copy links to a folder but this is a manual process. I think the option I’ve described above will alleviate many issues with people unknowingly leaving links in their Downloads folder etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Would like the Links panel to show status, resolution, color information for linked AI and PDF

It would be helpful to be able to view the following information for linked AI and PDF files in InDesign's links panel:

- Color space of linked AI and PDF files
    - Status of any links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files
    - Effective resolution for links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need an action to generate call-outs showing font style attributes

For example, if a heading paragraph style is Palatino Bold, color value: C15/M2/Y0/K36, 15 point type on 19 point leading, left aligned with an indent of 1p and space after of 2.6p, plus a nested character style, I would all like this information called out in a small label, on it's own layer in the file.

This action would make the same kind of label on its own layer for ALL the fonts styles in the file. This way I can make sample pages of my file and hand them over to someone else to finish up, with an easy…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. underline outdent/indents

The border and rules have options to outdent or indent, but the underline style does not. Sometimes you need a character style to highlight a word, and the only way to do that is with the underline style. It doesn't look great when there is no space on either side of the highlight, so you need to add extra spaces before and after the word. Can this be added to the underline style options?

Maybe it should be a new feature called ”highlight.” It would work like Microsoft Word but with options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Expand on notes

Expand on notes to include anchors on ranges of text and shapes. Additionally, allow notes to display on margins when exporting to PDF.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 page pdf from multiple pages

create 2 page pdfs from a multiple page document, it already allows this as spreads but not as one page following another

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable HTML5 to be imported into InDesign and exported as HTML5 / EPUB3

Currently I'm using in5 to insert HTML5 into InDesign and then export it out as HTML5. I'm also using CircularFlo to insert HTML5 into InDesign and export it out as EPUB3. The funny thing is that the HTML5 that I'm importing to InDesign actually all came from the HTML5 output from Adobe Captivate. It is a little bit ironic that I want to combine Adobe files and make them work together but I've to use external parties plugin to do that. I'm very sure that in the future more and more people will be inserting HTML5 into InDesign either to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes; endnotes to separate chapter

PLEASE add these features to the footnote and endnote functionality of InDesign:
    - Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes throughout the various indd files within a book document
    - Ability to put the endnotes of the different indd files within a book document in a separate .indd file at the end of the book; numbering continuous OR per chapter.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop appending the word "folder" to all package folder names

I really really really hate that I have to waste 8 keystrokes (yes, I count the down-arrow to get to the end of the package name) on every single package I make. At least give me the option to change the default suffix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base