1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC Libraries and data merge

Please enable @datafields to work with asset names in CC libraries or at least open up the CC Libraries to scripting the way normal Libraries are. I have client assets spread over several libraries and the ability to add them programatically on/after a datamerge in some way would be invaluable.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Load multiple swatches

The lack of ability to load multiple swatches in one go in Indesign is frustrating. Having to do it one at a time is counter intuitive and time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple paragraph/character style sheets

When selecting more than one paragraph of text that therefore uses multiple paragraph styles, instead of saying (mixed) at the top of the styles palette, it would be really helpful if it could highlight which actual paragraph styles were in use. 'Multiple' is of no use - I can see there are multile styles just by looking at it!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. placing an .ai file with multiple art boards,

When placing an .ai file with multiple art boards, it would be an improvement if I could place by the art board name instead of number.

Example A file may contain an art board that is CMYK or Spot. The thumbnail looks the same. Its a waste of time if I place the wrong art board.

IT would make my work day more efficient and less frustrating.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Images/PSD's to be set to overprint using attributes panel

Allow images/psd's to be set to overprint within indesign like text and fill options in the attributes panel, this will allow for complex printing requirements to be done more easily. for example if you need to overprint and image onto a white ink base that has been set to a spot colour so the printer can print white onto clear vinyl then print a CMYK image on top without the white ink base knocking out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SVGs / AIs and Graphics as bullet points

It would be nice if paragraphs styles would allow for SVGs and / or Graphics to be used as "custom bulletpoints".

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Independent column widths in text frame

Please add the option to have independent column-widths in a text frame. This would be really useful for text in nearly any letterhead footer.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Find / Replace

I am a QuarkXPress convert to InDesign and I am loving the app for all of its '******' abilities when constructing layouts.
    However - making global changes and adaptation to text and graphics using the Find/Replace function is way too confusing. This is something that was so easy to use in QuarkXPress and highly intuitive. Personally I would love that sort of functionality ease to brought in to ID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Links in Properties Panel

The new Properties Panel is great, but the very first thing I noticed when selecting a linked file, It only states that it's a "Linked File"... But you cannot click or edit your linked file, like in Illustrator?? Isn't this the whole purpose behind the PropPanel - to make quick edits all in one panel? Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Pdf notes, needs a tool to move them out of of the way when working. and needs to stop zooming out when you click on the note text.

With PDF notes in indesign, the comment icon covers the spot that you need to make the changes. they need to be waaaay smaller or transparent or easy to move. and when you click on the comments to work out which comments are for what note icon, it zooms out rather than just panning to the icon. That would be fine, but when you have lots of stuff in the doc, indesign takes ages to zoom in and out.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New styles made with Properties panel to top of styles panels

Creating a new style with the Properties panel adds the style to the bottom of the Paragraph or Character Styles panels. Other methods put the new style at the top. Please make this consistent (I suspect most prefer new styles to be more readily available at the top).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to completely disable start screens in AI, INDD, PS, Acrobat

Ability to completely turn off these start screens in AI, INDD, PS, Acrobat. When I close a document window, I expect to be able to see my desktop, not a wall I then have to close or hide. Old school workflow, never had a start screen, never needed one, it's not helpful imho, tho it may be to others, so we should be able to choose how we want it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Find/Change "negatively" on a paragraph/character/object property (i.e., look for a style set to anything BUT 13pt)

It would be nice if find/change had to ability to search for everything BUT something. For example, if I had a style named "text" where the leading was defined as 13pt but I wanted to only find instances where the leading was NOT set the 13pt because of some local override. But these overrides might be 14pt or 15pt, but that would required 2 or more separate searches. I don't necessarily know how many paragraphs have been locally overridden from the set 13 unless I page through and look for each paragraph by sight. I realize the local Style Override…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dual numbering system for Indesign using page numbering

@Adobe: Current up-to-date InDesign has only one sequential page-numbering function.

By giving it more flexibility in creating Dual numbering system would be useful, rather then manually adding in numbers.

It will be hectic and time consuming creating design flow like example: Creating a calendar document with dual numbering or more per page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Full Screen and Split View do not work

Version of Adobe InDesign: 13.1
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Click the green 'maximize' button to put the application into Fullscreen mode
    Expected result: Application should enter standard MacOS fullscreen mode like other modern Mac apps do, compatible with switching Spaces and sharing screen with another app in Split View.
    Actual result: Can not enter Full Screen, breaking multi-app workflow with Spaces or Split View.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow different coloured/weight strokes for sides of text box

That way you could make the left and right sides of a box to have zero weight, which essentially gives you rules above and below a text box, but in a box that can be changed in shape and size

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  19 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can there be an export option that exports all layers into there own pdf all at once and not have to export each layer one at a time?

Can there be an export option that exports all layers into there own pdf all at once and not have to export each layer one at a time? Example: I have 20 layers in a document and need to export each on as a pdf. I would like to do that with one export option and each layer retain its name in the pdfs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)