1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Only align last line to grid

I often use captions (in a separate text frame) aligned at the bottom of the page with the bottom line of the body text and/or an illustration. If the leading of captions and body text is different – which is often the case – It would be useful to be able to align only the last line of the caption to the baseline grid just as it is possible to "only align first line to grid.".

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Alert When Missing Fonts are Replaced with Enabled Adobe Fonts

When working in a packaged file workflow, where Adobe Fonts are not and cannot used, if there is a missing font that a user might already have enabled in Adobe Fonts, InDesign makes a font replacement with no warning.

There is an alert to activate missing fonts, but no warning if missing fonts are already activated in the user's system. I’m not sure if you could limit this to: If there is a Document fonts folder present, then there should be an alert before fonts are replaced with Adobe Font versions. This should not effect if fonts are enabled in…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grammar Check

Add a feature similar to the Grammarly App to check for grammar and sentence structure errors when typing text in InDesign.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Threaded Text in Tables

This feature will allow text threading via table cells to flow the text across the table.

This will personally help me because I need to colorize specific areas while keeping the text flow. A table is the only real place I can do this.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make No Break Text visible

It would be quite useful if No Break text was visible; for example, as a shaded background – see my mockup image.

Currently, No Break is visible only as a text override (and then it gets lumped in with all other overrides, so you still have to click each override to see where it got applied).

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create the condition from a list of paragraphs/character styles

Ability to create the new condition form a list of paragraph style or character styles
    I would improve the ability to search on more than 1 paragraph/character style at once.

Sometimes you have to search more than one style – rather than go through each style at once, the ability to create a condition to select a range of styles would be useful.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hyphenation Options

Please add a checkbox (or something), so that you can turn off hyphenation of words that are connected to an em dash, and for words that already have a hyphen in them. And related to that, please always break hyphenated words/phrases/URLs at the hyphen, instead of adding another hyphen.

We currently have to search for all these "bad breaks" and this feature would be a big help.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to create a master text file that updates everywhere the content is used, much like DocsFlow or WordsFlow, but better.

I am constantly making catalogs and the proofing process is arduous because we always have to read through text to check for spelling errors, grammar mistakes, etc. If there was a way to create one Master text file (whether it’s an InDesign, Word, Excel doc, etc) and link it to any document, have one or more people edit it, have it update across the board and not override any local changes would be fantastic. Now, I know there are extensions you can use, such as DocsFlow and WordFlow, but the problem with these is that you cannot choose specific text…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add unicode categories to the list of available GREP choices

If you've ever had to write out a GREP code and weren't sure of the character, you can click on the @ to call up a list of known codes to choose from while in the find/change menu OR the GREP styles panel.
    However, there is a selection that is missing that GREP in InDesign is known to handle, and that is unicode categories:
    https://www.regular-expressions.info/unicode.html
    for example, if I type into the GREP find field - right now - the following code:
    \p{Zs}
    I know that InDesign's GREP will find all spaces except tabs and returns. However, this isn't an…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add German: Reform 2017

Last year in Germany, a new spelling reform has been published. Currently our indesign only offers spelling according to the German Reform 2006: Please advise whether it is possible to update the German Reform to 2017 indesign
    I asked Adobe support online but he asked me submit this feature requests.

thanks

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Defining a Drop Cap

If you define a Drop Cap in a paragraph style WITH a character style and also define a nested style, if there is a single letter word starting the paragraph, the nested style does not recognize it and will apply the nested style to an additional word beyond the deliminator. For example, a nested style through 3 words will apply to the first 4 if the paragraph starts with "I[space]" or "A[space]". It does not do this if [none] is chosen from the character style dropdown in Drop Caps, but only if one is chosen (even when nothing is defined…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spell Check in Reverse (Backward) direction.

When running spellcheck on a document.. Id like to be able to go back. I click through the spell check pretty fast in the interest of time. Id Like a "back button" instead of just a "skip" forward button or "ignore all" button... Instead of having to go through the entire document to get back to the word i saw that might be misspelled. I'd like to be able to click back to the word then proceed through the remainder of the document.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have implemented this feature in the latest version of InDesign (InDesign 15.0). Now in addition to Spell Check in Forward direction, you can choose “Backward” direction while checking spelling.

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out this feature.

Adobe InDesign Team

14. Full-width space is treated the same as Kanji

I've been using InDesign in a Japanese environment and have long been frustrated by the lack of distinction between kanji and double-byte spaces.
    When you want to select consecutive Kanji by double-clicking (or command + → etc.), adjacent double-byte spaces (0x3000) will be selected together.
    When you receive an unsatisfactory text manuscript, double-clicking a wasted double-byte space will select the adjacent kanji together.
    I can't imagine the single benefit of this specification. It's just inconvenient.
    I would like you to improve this.
    I hope you will get the approval of everyone. Thank you.

<Japanese>
    私はInDesignを日本語環境で使用していて、漢字と全角スペースの区別がついていないことを長年不満に思っています。
    ダブルクリック(あるいはcommand + →など)で連続した漢字を選択したいとき、隣接する全角スペース(0x3000)が一緒に選択されてしまう。
    美しくないテキスト原稿を受け取ったとき、無駄な全角スペースをダブルクリックすると隣接する漢字まで一緒に選択されてしまう。
    この仕様について、ただ1つのメリットも想像できません。ただ不便なだけです。 …

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make GREP dot (Any Character) match Footnote Reference marker.

Make the GREP dot (Any Character) match ~F (Footnote Reference marker).

There is no reason that a query like .+ would stop when reaching a footnote marker. This should select the entire paragraph. This behaviour have been in InDesign forever and should be changed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. text anchor list

There is lack of TEXT ANCHOR LIST window
    Is it very hard to manage such anchors.

I'm finishing a very long scientific publication containing over 650 pages and 1600 footnotes. I have to make about 100 internal hyperlinks and cross references but there is no simple way to see available text anchors in document.

Please think about it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. endnote renumbering

Please Please add a feature that allows endnotes to renumber with each section within the same document.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change case Find/Replace dialog

It would fantastic to force Lower case/Upper case/Title case/Sentence case by Text or GREP pattern in Find/Change dialog.
    Also would be very useful including this into GREP style.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to place 'live' endnotes at end of story, not in separate frame

Fairly straightforward - current 2018 endnotes are forced into a separate frame, rather than being at the end of the text in the story. This means having to constantly manually moved them about when text frames are being adjusted. Need the ability to have the same positional behaviour at the end of the body text within the same story frame as endnotes have always previously had (preferably whilst still being live, but failing that, the ability to turn off the new behaviour would be sufficient).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base