1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add German: Reform 2017

Last year in Germany, a new spelling reform has been published. Currently our indesign only offers spelling according to the German Reform 2006: Please advise whether it is possible to update the German Reform to 2017 indesign
    I asked Adobe support online but he asked me submit this feature requests.

thanks

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Defining a Drop Cap

If you define a Drop Cap in a paragraph style WITH a character style and also define a nested style, if there is a single letter word starting the paragraph, the nested style does not recognize it and will apply the nested style to an additional word beyond the deliminator. For example, a nested style through 3 words will apply to the first 4 if the paragraph starts with "I[space]" or "A[space]". It does not do this if [none] is chosen from the character style dropdown in Drop Caps, but only if one is chosen (even when nothing is defined…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make No Break Text visible

It would be quite useful if No Break text was visible; for example, as a shaded background – see my mockup image.

Currently, No Break is visible only as a text override (and then it gets lumped in with all other overrides, so you still have to click each override to see where it got applied).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hyphenation Options

Please add a checkbox (or something), so that you can turn off hyphenation of words that are connected to an em dash, and for words that already have a hyphen in them. And related to that, please always break hyphenated words/phrases/URLs at the hyphen, instead of adding another hyphen.

We currently have to search for all these "bad breaks" and this feature would be a big help.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When running spellcheck on a document.. I'd like to be able to go back. Like a "back button" instead of just a "skip" forward...

When running spellcheck on a document.. Id like to be able to go back. I click through the spell check pretty fast in the interest of time. Id Like a "back button" instead of just a "skip" forward button or "ignore all" button... Instead of having to go through the entire document to get back to the word i saw that might be misspelled. I'd like to be able to click back to the word then proceed through the remainder of the document.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The Check Spelling dialog has a new option to search in Backward direction.
    This is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from the Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
    2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
    3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
    4. Click on the program to join the same.
    5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.143) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
    6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Please try out this new feature and let us know your feedback.

Adobe InDesign team

6. Ability to create a master text file that updates everywhere the content is used, much like DocsFlow or WordsFlow, but better.

I am constantly making catalogs and the proofing process is arduous because we always have to read through text to check for spelling errors, grammar mistakes, etc. If there was a way to create one Master text file (whether it’s an InDesign, Word, Excel doc, etc) and link it to any document, have one or more people edit it, have it update across the board and not override any local changes would be fantastic. Now, I know there are extensions you can use, such as DocsFlow and WordFlow, but the problem with these is that you cannot choose specific text…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Price format : Wordbased diagonal strike-through

1. Price formatting : we need a character style that allows BARRED PRICE styles : a diagonal strikethrough in a different colour, and needs a line style which allows a full line or a dotted line version . See screenshot

2. Millions of uses a day. For a lot of indesign brochure designers.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatic Vertical Justification for entire document

We are facing more manual work for Vertical Justification during pagination process. We need a option to make Vertical Justification for entire document without disturbing in between lines space.

We already saw such option in 3B2 platform and it's very useful if we have a option for InDesign.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Font Preview Size

Please add Extra Large and Huge font preview size options as per Photoshop.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Threaded Text in Tables

This feature will allow text threading via table cells to flow the text across the table.

This will personally help me because I need to colorize specific areas while keeping the text flow. A table is the only real place I can do this.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to place 'live' endnotes at end of story, not in separate frame

Fairly straightforward - current 2018 endnotes are forced into a separate frame, rather than being at the end of the text in the story. This means having to constantly manually moved them about when text frames are being adjusted. Need the ability to have the same positional behaviour at the end of the body text within the same story frame as endnotes have always previously had (preferably whilst still being live, but failing that, the ability to turn off the new behaviour would be sufficient).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make GREP dot (Any Character) match Footnote Reference marker.

Make the GREP dot (Any Character) match ~F (Footnote Reference marker).

There is no reason that a query like .+ would stop when reaching a footnote marker. This should select the entire paragraph. This behaviour have been in InDesign forever and should be changed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make character and paragraph sections of Properties panel full featured like the Character and Paragraph panels

The Properties panel is a great replacement for having the Character & Paragraph panels both open at all times. However, it's missing some functionality that's presented in the upper right menu on these panels (see attached). Some of these options aren't found anywhere else. It's a shame to need to have these panels open alongside the Properties panel. It would be preferable to add these options to the Properties panel to keep things tidy.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change case Find/Replace dialog

It would fantastic to force Lower case/Upper case/Title case/Sentence case by Text or GREP pattern in Find/Change dialog.
    Also would be very useful including this into GREP style.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Indic Unicode font rendering is broken in InDesign

When writing text in certain Indic scripts, InDesign does not render the font correctly. For example, using the Padauk font for the Myanmar script, the following string renders the Medial Ra (U+103C) around the consonant Na (U+1014) instead of the consonant Ma (U+1019).

မြန်

This bug is a large blocker when dealing with Indic text in InDesign.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disable Endnotes on Word Import

The new endnote feature in InDesign 2018 might be an improvement in some cases, but in the case of complex layouts with a lot of unlinked text frames within a same piece (magazine layouts) it is really not intuitive or helpful.
    There should be an option for the user to disable it when he judges it useful, rather than to be forced to work around it.
    Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pair Kerning

There are many occasions where a specific pair of letters do not kern properly, such as ". I would like to be able to select the pair of letters from a particular font that I want kerned throughout an InDesign document, and have them automatically kerned. I don't want to have to apply a style to each instance, or find and replace each instance.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base