1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow paragraph shading to end at each line without forced line break

Allow a ragged paragraph highlight without having to hard return at the end of each line to do it

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Diagonal Strikethrough

An upgrade to the existing strike through option with new settings that allow for diagonal lines. I've added a mockup of the character style options.

This would be an awesome little update wich has many uses and make the life of a lot of InDesigners easier.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Insert special character — Unicode compliance

Unicode is required to meet accessibility standards and several forms of publishing technologies.

The keyboard shortcuts and right-click/opt-click Insert Special Characters shortcuts need to be updated to insert the Unicode versions of these glyphs.

The Unicode glyph charts are at www.Unicode.org

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Optical Margin Alignment to apply only to punctuation.

Optical Margin Alignment does a great job allowing quotation marks and hyphens to hang into the column gutters, but it also make characters like A, W, and T do the same, which is often too high a price to pay. Fix this by allowing an option it to only apply it to punctuation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Incorporate of Indian rupee symbol ₹ on the default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+4 for Indesign and Illustrator

Please incorporate indian rupee symbol ₹ on the default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+4 for Indesign and Illustrator.

This is a default keyboard shortcut for all application to type Indian rupee symbol and Microsoft has released a patch for the same.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make "Paste without formatting" work for any type of text in clipboard

If I want to paste text into InDesign and use the destination formatting rather than whatever the source is, I'm hard-wired to use "ctrl + shift + V". However it appears that if the contents of the clipboard are plain text, this command isn't available, presumably because InDesign thinks it's not necessary.

This means that the interface is inconsistent, because sometimes you need ctrl + V and sometimes you need ctrl + shift + V, depending on what's on the clipboard.

The option should always be available so that if you want plain text you can use the ctrl +…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More control with paragraph shading

I would like more control over the space insets in the paragraph shading options. When a long paragraph of text flow on to the next page there is no way to control the spacing above (padding) when we're in the middle of the paragraph and "clip to frame" is checked. It is possible to get away with it if the distance from the top-margin and the first baseline is sufficient, but most of the time I want more space. I think it would be better if the text was forced down to the second baseline if necessary. The end goal…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Grammar Check

Add a feature similar to the Grammarly App to check for grammar and sentence structure errors when typing text in InDesign.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add hanging punctuation for chevrons

Hanging punction is currently not working with chevrons (« ») – which are used in Germany, Spain, Italy, France & Norway. In Quark XPress this works perfectly with one click. I am a professional typographer and would like to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. Kind regards Egil Haraldsen

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyboard shortcut for inserting Unicode glyphs

Accessibility and other forms of automated publishing require the correct Unicode glyphs.

These glyphs include punctuation, math/science symbols, foreign language characters, and bullets/symbols. In 2000, Unicode became the default character set worldwide across the technology industries.

But we have no way to easily insert these glyphs into InDesign layouts. For example, if I need the math multiplication symbol rather than a lower case "x", I need to either scroll through the glyph dialogue box, or know beforehand the symbol's codepoint 2715 and type it into the Unicode field in the glyph dialogue box.

Too slow! Especially when you have to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Import font attributes of text used in PDF comments such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

Import font attributes of text used in PDF annotation such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Define word count when filling placeholder text

When creating documents waiting on content to be supplied, would be great to be able to define number of words or paragraphs for placeholder text to help accurately identify space that may be required.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. text anchor list

There is lack of TEXT ANCHOR LIST window
    Is it very hard to manage such anchors.

I'm finishing a very long scientific publication containing over 650 pages and 1600 footnotes. I have to make about 100 internal hyperlinks and cross references but there is no simple way to see available text anchors in document.

Please think about it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. endnote renumbering

Please Please add a feature that allows endnotes to renumber with each section within the same document.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow document to be editable while using "FIND FONT"

Add the ability to edit and interact with the underlying document while the FIND FONT window is open (just like we can do while the regular FIND/CHANGE window is open)

When FIND FONT is open, the ONLY thing we can do is locate/substitute fonts. We aren't able to interact with the document in any other way. Often while using FIND FONT to locate where missing fonts are used, we find that the issue is actually just some text that we forgot to style properly, or a rogue invisible character that should simply be deleted. But in order to accomplish any…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow import of endnotes as plain text

I have to be honest. The footnote / endnotes automation in Indesign is a complete failure. I absolutely HATE it!!! Please, allow me to turn this feature off, and import endnotes as plain text in the same text flow as the article. Seriously, the addition of the automated endnotes feature has damaged my relationship with Adobe. It is just terrible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Underlined spaces at the ends of lines in running text

1. It would be nice if, when an underlined space falls at the end of a line in running text, the space "disappears" so that it's underline isn't hanging out in space like a ghost..
    2. It's valuable because it looks weird when an underlined space sticks out beyond the last nonwhite-space character in the line. It's particularly noticeable in justified type, but I think the same principal applies regardless of the justification.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add option To Find/Change dialog box to search within notes and conditional text

I would like an option to search within notes and conditional text. In the Find/Change dialog box, there are options on what to search through: Document, Selection, Story, Include Master Pages, etc. There should also be options to search for text in hidden conditional text, as well as in Notes. Please see the attached mock-up User Interface changes for the Find/Change dialog box.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the standard fonts within InDesign and other Adobe design softwares ALL the same across both the Mac and PC platforms.

I am a college student studying graphic design. In my classes the school provides Apple Mac computers to do our in class work. However, I own a Windows Surface Laptop. So when I need to finish projects outside of the classroom it is very frustrating to choose a font on the Mac only to have it changed because the font is not available/has to be imported on the Windows PC (vice versa). I understand that the platforms are very different from each other, but it is the same software. How hard can it be for Adobe to make the fonts…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. live font

you need live font same photoshop and illustrator

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base