Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

254 results found

1. Page icons not displayed in vertical and horizontal configuration.

There seems to be a bug with the pages palette, the icons do not display correctly in vertical and horizontal configurations with some dissapearing off the side or below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)
    • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

2. InDesingから印刷するとsymbol書体が欠落する

Symbol の Ohmが印刷すると欠落します。PDFで印刷するときちんと表示される。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. However, we are unable to reproduce the issue inhouse and would need more information

• Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you provide the document(s)/asset(s) to us? Please package the entire document (To package the document, choose File → Package…)

Please share the information with us at sharewithID@adobe.com

Adobe InDesign Team

3. Adobe InDesign 18.5 missing Fonts

Missing Fonts in Adobe InDesign 18.5.

Hello,
    Our Corporate Font is always missing in Adobe Indesign 18.5. Our IT checked the Font istallation, Libraray Font Cache ... and we got the Info, it is only an Adobe InDesign problem. Cause the corporate Font is in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop available.

The complete Grafik Team has installed otf and ttf Fonts. (And no we don't use Postscript Typ 1 Fonts.) 😉

Our Typedesigner tested the Font, everything is ok.
    We are using InDesign 18.5 on Mac Ventura 13.5. Deinstalling and install InDesign 18.5 new didn't solve the Problem. The complete Font-Family…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. relink with file extension bug

Relink File Extension is not working. This bug seems persistent so I can only assume not too many people are reporting it, but it's slowing down my productivity. When I try to use Relink File Extensions and choose the option to link images that have the .psd extension rather than a .jpeg I get the error message "Failed to find 1 links in new folder. These links have not been relinked, and will remain selected in the Links panel." Each time I've attempted to do this over the last couple of months, I double-check that the only difference in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Buttons Reverting to Top-Most Destination

I set up all of my buttons on different parent pages and amended pages based on parent pages, gave them all unique names and set their destinations. They worked perfectly for precisely one export to interactive PDF and then most of the buttons reverted to the top-most destination in the list when I reopened the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can't create snap to baseline style

I just paid for and downloaded ID 17.2.1 after using cs6 and need to meet a deadline for a four page newsletter. I can't seem to find any buttons whatsoever that allow me to create a body style with the text snapping to the baseline. My text is all over the shop. Did I just do a faulty download, or am I missing something? Where is the option for baseline snapping or not snapping?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transparency from PSD or PNG not showing in InDesign 17.0.1

Since InDesign updated to v17.0.1 (from the v17 before this), transparency on pngs and psd's has stopped working. Instead it drops in a black background and messes with the colours.
    The image on blue shows how it should work (using a workaround dropping it onto white and setting the transparency to darken), the other is with the PNG or PSD imported with transparency. It was fine yesterday before updating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Every time I use "insert endnotes" Indesign CC 2022 crashes

Whenever I insert endnotes InDesign CC 2022 crashes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html )

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
    • Video recording of the crash
    • Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you provide the document(s)/asset(s) to us? Please package the entire document (To package the document, choose File → Package…)

Adobe InDesign Team

10. Changing default language causes InDesign to crash and language remains unchanged

InDesign v 16.4 & InDesign v 17.0 on macOS Catalina

InDesign keeps crashing when you’re trying to change the default language. Received a large file with French as default and we need to localize it for US market.

Paragraph Styles > [Basic Paragraph] > Advanced Character Formats > Language: French (Change to English: USA) > OK

CRASH

Edit > Find/Change > Find Format > Advanced Character Formats > Language: French > Change Format > Advanced Character Formats > Language: English: USA > Change All

CRASH

The language is suppose to change so that the symbols will be correct. For example…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html )

• Video recording of the crash

Adobe InDesign Team

11. Indesign Effect Not working

Screen Under Effect dropdown is not working. Please see the difference before and after screenshots. My InDesign is the latest 17.0. Please let me know the solution ASAP. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. menu size too small

The menu titles and every icon on indesign is far too small, could be that my laptop screen is high resolution so it thinks the screen is bigger than it is? it is frustratingly small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released InDesign 2022(v17.0.0.96) with “Scalable user interface” feature. We recommend you upgrade to the latest version (if you’re not already on it) as it is more robust.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when the issue occurred?
    • Video recording of the issue?

Adobe InDesign Team

13. Text frames in Object Libraries won't retain style settings

Version: InDesign, version 16.4 on Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.6

I am encountering an issue involving text frames that do not retain their object style settings when inserted and/or saved within object libraries. Font/paragraph styles are unaffected, but object style attributes such as vertical justification, text wrap, fill, stroke and inset spacing are all lost (revert to defaults) upon being added to the library. The same is true for settings made while editing the library items directly.

This problem only involves individual text frames, and does not seem to affect any other type of graphic added to the library…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After setting the desired properties for the Text Frame, select the text frame object and in the CC Libraries panel, click on the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the panel – here you will see various options like Fill color, Text, Character style, Paragraph style, and Graphic.
    You can also choose to Add all.
    Choosing ‘Add all’ will add separate items in the CC Libraries – you will find Fill color, Text, any Char/Para style, and a Graphic. Use any of these according to your needs.

Hope it helps.

Adobe InDesign team

14. Hyperlink window causing crash/lockup

Hello,

I'm working on a file from February 2020 that contains hyperlinks. Every time I click to use the Hyperlink window to edit/update urls my InDesign locks up. However, when I try this in a new file I created in December, I'm not having any issues with the hyperlinks window/tool.

I'm using the latest version of InDesign CC (16.1).
    I open the file, click the Hyperlinks window and the program locks up to where I have to force quit.

(Not sure if it matters - I'm adding this comment from my Mac, but I'm trying to do this work on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Video recording of the crash?

Adobe InDesign Team

15. Version 16.1.0.20 installiert - jedes geöffnete Dokument wird beim Speichern als defekt angezeigt

Gestern Abend die Version 16.1.0.20 installiert - heute wird jedes geöffnete Dokument beim Speichern als defekt angezeigt und soll repariert werden. Bitte um Hilfe!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign the issue occurred?

Adobe InDesign Team

16. share for review not working

So first, i made my link and everything went fine. Then after a few times updating it, it started saying that there was an error, and now, there's just nothing that appears in the panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try the following solutions:

SOLUTION 1
    -———
    1. Close InDesign.
    2. Bring up Creative Cloud Desktop (CCD) and Sign out.
    3. Launch InDesign and Sign in here (not from the CCD).
    4. Create a new document.
    5. Open Share for Review panel.

SOLUTION 2
    -——-
    1) Close InDesign.
    2) Close Creative Cloud desktop app.
    3) Navigate to the OOBE folder located here:
    Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
    4) Delete the opm.db file.
    5) Launch Creative Cloud desktop app.
    6) Launch InDesign

Please let us know if the above solutions work for you.

Adobe InDesign team

17. Visibility of levels of embedded AI files are not kept

When I use an AI file with multiple layers, InDesign 2020 (v. 15.1.3) doesn't keep the right visibility of layers when I update the AI file. The same is true when I re-open the InDesign file.

Same for InDesign 2021 (v. 16.0)

Not sure if this also happens with multilayered PSD files, I didn't checked yet.
    Tried to recreate the file from scratch, no way to solve the issue.

The problem never occurred in previous version of InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :
    • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign the issue occurred?

Adobe InDesign Team

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe InDesign Team

19. Indesign 16.0 crashes when copying text with anchored object

ID crashes every time I try to copy text that includes an anchored object. As soon as I hit CMD+C, it crashes. I can copy the anchor object separately, but trying to grab it inline with text does not work. I've tried it with multiple different areas of text/objects. This has happened over the last two days, repeatedly, after multiple re-starts and prefs updates. ID 16.0 on MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7.
    EDIT: It seems to be an issue with one specific object. I can't seem to even copy that one by itself without crashing. I'll keep playing around to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe InDesign Team

20. Absturz InDesign 2021

Bei Eingabe in InDesign 2021 Absturz: 'Union'-W (hängt mit dem einfachen Schlusszeichen und dem Bindestrich zusammen.

Ausrichten von Objekten: Unterkante Objekt an Oberkante nächstes Objekt. Also nicht nur mit Abstand "0"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe InDesign Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base