Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

360 results found

1. Copy a object in InDesign by holding down the alt-key and move obect with the mouse doesn-t work with InDesign CC18 aunder MacOS High Sierra

Copying an object in InDesign by holding down the alt-key and moving the object with the mouse doesn't work any more with InDesign CC18 under MacOS High Sierra. For me this is (has been ..) a key function in InDesign!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Pages/spread overlapping after changing page size

InDesign 2018 CC 13.0.1

Pages and spreads are doing weird things when I resize my document. It creates some odd margin after resize of pages. I start out with 2 pages, document shuffling allowed, facing pages turned off.

Pagespread01112617 - shows the page spread I was working with; each page is 10”x12.25”.
    Page
    spread02112617 - after I changed the size to 10.68”x11.239” for another ad spread, a weird margin showed up. The content boxes show how there is an odd overlap; each box is 10.68" wide.
    Pagespread03_112617 - If I move page 2…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. gabarit

je ne peux plus changer le gabarit d'une page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)

Adobe InDesign team

4. Prompted to save with no changes made to document

InDesign CC

I open a saved document in InDesign, but have no made any changes or touched the document at all. InDesign puts the asterisk next to my file anyways, prompting me to save upon exit. But no changes have been made. This is very annoying because I don't know if a change has been made or the program is messing up. I then have to update all of my PDF exports just to be safe.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

5. Dragging the zero point to a new location will not work in rotated spreads

If you rotated a spread view and you want to move the zero point from the origin to a different location the landing point is never the one you dragged the cross-hairs of the rulers to.

It needs a sophisticated script that will workaround this bug. Currently I'm writing one, that should overcome this issue.

Nevertheless, that should be fixed.

Watch the movie clip where I like to drag the zero point to a new loaction and always fail.

Regards,
    Uwe

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. InDesign CC 2018 - Error message: "Ein Druckbogen kann maximal 10 Seiten enthalten."

Each time I place a new picture-box in a text the error message appears. Of course I don't have more than 2 pages on a "Druckbogen".
    Now I always have to wait until the message appears and have to click "OK". That's not funny. I Have to place more than 200 pics in the document...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)
    • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

7. doesn't recognize new files copied to my hard drive

latest InDesign CC doesn't show new files copied to my hard drive - If I re-name files it shows the old name - no phone no chat no thing!

I can confirm files are there with explorer but when I go FILE OPEN they aren't there - tried copying to other directories - still not there - tried re-booting, closing opening program again all that

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –

Adobe InDesign team

8. Objects on canvas move down when new page created

Have just noticed that when I create a new page in the middle of a multipage document, objects on the canvas of following pages are all pushed down an extra page - i've screen capped before/after. I tested on two other documents and one other computer and was able to reproduce the issue every time...

Version: 13.0/CC 2018
    Reproduce issue by: Create multipage document with objects on the canvas. Insert pages using pages palette in the middle of the document; watch all your canvas content move down!
    Expected result: for the content to stay on the canvas of the pages…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –
    • Video recording of the issue.

Adobe InDesign team

9. Applying Master Page covers Document Pages

Version: InDesign CC
    Steps to Reproduce: Apply the Master page
    Expected Result: Master page would be in the background
    Actual Result: Master page is in the foreground

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –

Adobe InDesign team

10. Problem with Ctrl+A

When you select a file with more than 500 pages with the command Ctrl + A, (to export RTF) Indesign hangs for many minutes. It did not happen in previous versions. Problem detected in Win10 64bit, the last 2 versions of Indesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –
    • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

11. Master-double-page with bleed makes mistake in assigning a single page

1. InDesign 2017.1
    2. DIN A5 document with double-page and 3 mm bleed. On master-double-page A is no background and on master-double-page B is a full-faced background on the left page and a full-faced background on the right page. If I assign the right page of master-page B, the left page-background will also displayed on the left page (assigned with master page A, where is no background!!!). This just happens if the background of the master-page is set to the bleed (on top-left and bottom). The backgrounds are exact positioned and are not on the opposite page. See screenshots!
    3. On the left…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Will not apply master other than "Master A"

InDesign 13.0
    Letter size document. When applying a new master to a single or a larger selection of pages or spread, it automatically goes back to "Master A".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –
    • What were you doing when the issue was observed in InDesign?

Adobe InDesign team

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –

Adobe InDesign team

14. Page icons not displayed in vertical and horizontal configuration.

There seems to be a bug with the pages palette, the icons do not display correctly in vertical and horizontal configurations with some dissapearing off the side or below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –

Adobe InDesign team

15. wont activate clipping path in InDesign

shows clipping path available under options, but will only activate if done thru Phototshop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Running Header Removes ZWNJ (Zero-width non-joiner) Character (U+200C)

I want to use Running Header to have the section name at the top of the pages.
    The section title has Zwnj character (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_non-joiner) but running header removes this character (U+200C).
    for more information see the attached image

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –
    • Try opening the document with other option (File→Open(Copy))
    • What were you doing when the issue was observed in InDesign?
    • Please share sample document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)

Adobe InDesign team

17. Select pages in a multi document file not displaying graphics or text.

Select pages in a multi-document file not displaying graphics or text. Layers display the links to text and graphics but does not display in Indesign nor after when it is PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –

Adobe InDesign team

18. An Orginalposition einfügen

Seid Adobe InDesign 2018 tritt folgendes Problem auf.
    Ich öffne ein mehrseitiges Dokument und kopiere eine Doppelseite - mit "apple + c" in die Zwischenablage. Anschließen erstelle ich ein neues Dokument (DIN A4, 2 Seiten) und füge den Inhalt der Zwischenablage über "An Orginalposition einfügen" ein. Nun werden verschieden Textboxen nicht mehr richtig angezeigt. So werden z.B. Texte die über "Textrahmenoptionen" "zentriert" ausgerichtet waren nicht mehr richtig angezeigt. Sie erscheinen nun wie einfach obenlinks ausgerichteter Text. Zur besseren Veranschaulichung habe ich zwei Sreenshots angefügt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –

Adobe InDesign team

19. transform

Special Character Current page numbers, double digits loose all kerning. Not able to adjust.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reproducible Steps –

Adobe InDesign team

20. Pagina on Master page - deleted on one page

Pagina is on Master page, and deleted on one page.
    In version 12.0.0.81 the pagina that is deleted still shows.
    In version 12.1.0.56 the pagina is not there.
    I do not know which version the designer used when creating the document, some version of 2017.
    The pagina block is from the edge to spine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base