Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• or

445 results found

1. Hello, In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the

Hello,

In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the image block 'to adapt the image to the block proportionally' to adapt this option to the 'text block' would be a saving of time and the possibility to automate a good number of works. For example, to change from A6 to A5 via the linked article system it works great with the image block and not at all with the text block. The only possibility of action with the 'Text block' is to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    Please see if using the “Free transform tool” solves your purpose
    Just select the object, switch to the Free Transform tool, and place your cursor over one of the corner or side points. When you see the double-headed arrow, drag.

-Thanks

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We need much more comprehensive word/character counts functionality

We need much better support for word counts than simply selecting some text or an active story and getting feedback on it through the info panel.

As others suggest, we need support for Books, entire documents, I want to know how many words are in tables, footnotes, how many words are duplicated from master pages, give me a breakdown of words by style/font/colour so that I can use these parameters to easily subtract them from a count.

Pretty much like Illustrator when nothing is selected can give you a breakdown of information document wide, and then specifics when you select…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. support languages of Vanuatu, which are currently very difficult to typeset, with no text flow

AFAICT, InCopy (and InDesign) do not currently support several writing systems, which makes font design for those scripts difficult. The avoiuli script of Vanuatu, for example, which is boustrophedon and can change from btm-to-top to top-to-btm. I'm working with a professional typographer, and trying to design a font that can't be implemented by any word processor that we know of means that a lot of choices in the design are probably not optimal. The best option currently seems to be placing a hard return at the end of each line, with manual RTL/LTR control, and sorting the lines in reverse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [InCopy] Open selected recent documents (open more than just one document)

Hello,
    A new feature that allows the user to choose to open more than one InCopy document at once in the option 'File > Open Recent' would be very useful.

I've posted this request last year (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/45136654-open-more-than-one-document-per-session-in-open), but nobody reached me.

It would be very useful to have this option in InCopy as I always work with chapters (usually 8) that are stored in different subfolders; that is, it is not possible to go to a single folder/directory, select the eight chapters that I will edit and open them whenever I need to edit these chapters (and I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 19 20 21 23 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?