1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi-relinking with one click

In large projects like catalogues in different languages on own layers, I often have to relink a lot of identical signets (eps) with the appropriate ones in another language on another layer. Sadly it seems to be impossible to do that with one single click. I have to relink every single file separately. The command "Relink all instances …" only works at link folders but not on a group of selected links filtered with the layers in the links panel column. It would be great to relink only a selection of links of the same image with only one click.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Same as Previous" in the "Bullets and Numbering > Mode" window.

In the "Bullets and Numbering > Mode" can we have "Same as Previous" added? I would be useful in our workflow. We have a workaround, but it's not 100% foolproof.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Paste in Place is the default Paste option

I think that it would be more useful if the default option for the paste command were Paste in Place. It is frustrating to me that when copy pasting objects, particularly from one page to the other, I have to go through an extra step to "paste special" when there is nothing special about it... Same thing with photoshop...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. All shortcut command is not available for all symbol characters like pagemaker example Þ double arrow symble

All symbol should be apply in symbol style press key Alt=0222,0163 etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need much larger document size

The max 5468mm document size is very small and makes large posters, signage, wallpaper and murals very difficult to create in Adobe. To make things worse Acrobat will not export to 5468mm so this can cause more issue.

This has been an issue for years now and really as a professional standard program its not good enough.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a delay option for looped preset animations

I want to animate a button using the 'pulse' preset I want this to be on loop but with a break in-between (say 1 second delay) before the pulse animation loops again. Right now when I click on loop animation and preview it just screams for attention and thats not what I want. I just want it to pulse 'looped' with a second delay before it does it again. Also it would be great if you could specify how large the pulse animation goes. As sometimes it is quite large.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lock text passages e.g. legal texts

We have a lot of texts for legal reasons in our sales brochure. Like somewhere in between. Now we have a workaround to put these texts at the end of a page at the same spot in every brochure but while editing it often happens that e.g. by accident parts of the texts get erased.
    It would be so helpful to lock important parts of the text but keep them in the whole text "fluently" at the same time. It doesnt matter where the text is but it has to be there.
    I hope I described my request clearly enough... …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export file

If I open a file and try to save this in another format I get redirected to the last directory I saved a file in that format previously. Would be easier to put it in the working directory I am working on with that document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. one document multiple user

Allow different users to access the same document files simultaneously to edit. Like in CAD programms were you can lock layers or pages so you can have one project sharing file within your working group.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a preference to have to toggle the checkbox default for "Name with Color Value"

Add a preference to the InDesign Preferences panel so that the checkbox default for Name with Color Value can be set. When creating a new swatch in a document, the default is for the checkbox to be on, but checking the box off changes the name to New Color Swatch. Fine if you're adding one color or many colors in a row, but if adding colors in new documents all the time, this gets annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the font size of the page information when printing out a page. This is too small at 6 pt.

We do thousands of imprints that have all the job number, customer PO and imprint info on the file name. We are converting from qk to indesign. Quark 's title page information uses much larger font and is at the top of the page when printed out which is much more convenient.

We want to be able to identify the document quickly!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop resetting the Apps after every update

Every time you update InDesign the Workspace is reset. This is exhausting! I understanding you want to parade any new features, but why does this update have to make me start again with the UI? It's infuriating and only done as a piece of Marketing for Adobe.

Look we love you all OK? You don't need to keep flirting with us, just leave my settings the way they were – you know you can.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Kerning Manager Palette

Many fonts have badly kerning values, to correct these faults, we should have the precise control through the font in a document or to be permanent for the font used in ID, until the user rechange the kerning pairs values again. In some cases, the font kerning values are good, but the user likes to modify these values in a document, such as many swashes fonts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add the possibility to create the page height below 73px.

Especially for the design of web banners sometimes a smaller page height is important.
    Despite frame distances of 0px and web setting an error message appears with a page height of 72px or lower.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow the paragraph shading to 'knock out' paragraph border in some way for more usefullness

If I specify a border & use just the 'top' as a horizontal rule with the idea to have it appear only on either side of a line of text, there isn't an option to do that or for the shading to knock-out the 'border' or have one in front of the other so it would be handy to be able to specify that one is on top of the other & the option to knock it out or a gap size. I've achieved the desired effect in the 2nd image with a white stroke but that doesn't work well…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In the pop up window file menu, "Object, Transform, Scale", when scaling a warning can be shown that object can't be scaled as they'd fall

In the pop up window file menu, "Object, Transform, Scale", when scaling a warning is shown that objects can't be scaled as they'd fall off the pasteboard. This is mainly due to the wrong point indesign scales from. IE it may be set to top left whereas centrally or mid right may scale no problem. But because the warning pops up you have to cancel what you're doing, select the different point then start the scaling process again.
    Can the squares of the object not be combined with the scale pop up window please?
    Please see attached existing and required…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Consolidate identical suggestions

Have someone go through the InDesign forum and consolidate identical suggestions into one listing and update its vote total.

I believe some major issues are getting overlooked just because there being suggested at different times so the vote count is spread out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We want a "Flush Return" character like "Flush Space".

The gap between questions is not equal. Automatic vertical blocking character can be added.
    We want a "Flush Return" character like "Flush Space".
    Page design production will be faster and smoother.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hey, it would be so nice to get the possibility to manage the size of the bold for fonts in the text tool

Hey, it would be so nice to get the possibility to manage the size of the bold for fonts in the text tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base