1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Groups, Smart Groups, and Searching in Links Panel

The links panel should support Groups and Smart Groups. Large numbers of links in projects -- especially those that include a lot of InCopy assignments -- get unwieldy.

Ideally you would be able to make groups and manually move links into them, and also create smart groups that would automatically update. Ideas for common filters that smart groups would be used for:

All CMKY images, all non-CMYK images, all InCopy links, all links that need to be updated, all links that are embedded or not, all links that are currently on a Hidden Layer or hidden via conditional text, etc.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would like the Links panel to show status, resolution, color information for linked AI and PDF

It would be helpful to be able to view the following information for linked AI and PDF files in InDesign's links panel:

- Color space of linked AI and PDF files
    - Status of any links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files
    - Effective resolution for links or embedded art in linked AI and PDF files

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need an action to generate call-outs showing font style attributes

For example, if a heading paragraph style is Palatino Bold, color value: C15/M2/Y0/K36, 15 point type on 19 point leading, left aligned with an indent of 1p and space after of 2.6p, plus a nested character style, I would all like this information called out in a small label, on it's own layer in the file.

This action would make the same kind of label on its own layer for ALL the fonts styles in the file. This way I can make sample pages of my file and hand them over to someone else to finish up, with an easy…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it easier to define bullet symbols

It would be nice to be able to either utilize a selected Glyph as a bullet symbol or at least search for a symbol within a font via UNICODE like you can in the Glyphs toolbox.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 page pdf from multiple pages

create 2 page pdfs from a multiple page document, it already allows this as spreads but not as one page following another

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop appending the word "folder" to all package folder names

I really really really hate that I have to waste 8 keystrokes (yes, I count the down-arrow to get to the end of the package name) on every single package I make. At least give me the option to change the default suffix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hyperlink in Data Merge

Please, please, please add the hyperlink data field when using Data Merge. Why can we generate a QR code, but not add a simple URL to a box or a text or whatever you want, visibile in an interactive PDF? Please add this function, doing press releases is transforming me into a monkey!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow full functionality for publishing online - blend modes, page transitions, etc w/animated objects

I've been working with a new media document that has video, sound and artwork to export as an interactive graphic novel - When animating objects, blend modes are not retained. Page transition feature - "turning page" also not supported.

Spoke with adobe and verified all tonight... he said "I'm trying to do something new". XD I could see this being very useful for graphic novel designers and other new media applications in the film and streaming space as well - would love to have this functionality in the next update so I can finish this project!

Have found no other…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Real table footnotes (different from CC2019)

Since CC2019 the user is able to add footnotes inside a table. Such notes are added at the bottom, of the textbox. This behavior does not fit to many needs of designer how need real table footnotes.

So what is the difference?
    Real table footnotes stick to the content of the table.
    In this case the note gives some additional information to the table specific content.
    Therefore each table should have an own mechanism of numbering that does not mix up with the document footnotes numbering. Additionally the position of table footnotes is most often at the end of the…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. show existing guide rows and columns

When you create guides, then want to change how many rows and/or columns you have, the existing number of guides does not appear in the dialogue box, so if I want to change how many rows/columns I have, I have to count them first. Please just have the numbers for the existing guides in there automatically. Please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Datamerge export as PDF/VT or other variable print file format (such as VPS)

I use the datamerge function alot to create variable print products such as letters with names and address etc. I also use variable graphivs too. The problem is that when I have an 80,000 run the PDF files and ripping times are getting longer and longer. Ideally I want to be able to export as a PDF/VT file format or a VPS. This will mean that instead of sending the graphics 80,000 times to the RIP of the printer it will instead send the graphic once and the data and graphics are assembled as it prints. There are external plugins…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes; endnotes to separate chapter

PLEASE add these features to the footnote and endnote functionality of InDesign:
    - Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes throughout the various indd files within a book document
    - Ability to put the endnotes of the different indd files within a book document in a separate .indd file at the end of the book; numbering continuous OR per chapter.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cloud working

A feature for working together on an Indesign document would be great for the year 2019. Similar to Adobe XD Cloud documents, or comparatively like the collaboration of Indesign and Incopy (Check in / Check out) - just cloud based.

I Just want a solution for a group of Designers working on one project without having the trouble of creating a load of documents.

thx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Diagonal strike through text

Please allow designers to use diagonal strike through text.

Designer should be able to ...
    - Set the trike through line for single a text selection
    - Define this in a paragraph style
    - Use it as a property in a script
    - choose a direction (top left to bottom right / Bottom left to upper right)
    - define a line thickness and color
    - choose to only display a part of the line below and on top of the text

Thanks

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adjust book cover spine

Please give us back the former option of layout adjustment (see screen capture) !!
    It was so simple and so easy to change page format and objects adjusted well !
    For exemple when doing a book cover :
    before, you could change the page width of the spine, and if there was a colored frame on it, its width would adjust too (but not the height if the height of the page didn't change)
    Now, if you change the page width, the object is scaled (height and width) wich is absolutely counter productive : now you must manually rescale and…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatic Type Stacking

A feature that automatically arranges and resizes stacked type in a text box, similar to the "Capitalise and Fit" feature in Adobe Spark.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a H&J violation property to InDesign Script

It would be nice to be able to read the amount of H&J violation on a given line through the InDesign script.

This would let us work on better ways to trim the text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set row and column dimensions in table styles

I was looking for a way to set row heights in table styles within InDesign and was surprised out there is no way to do this. The only way to do so is to manually manipulate the size in each table.

If I want to create a new table in a new document, I was hoping to have all parameters set the way they need to be set in the table style so other users don't have to manually change the size. I would think this would be a common feature that users would love to have.

Will this be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include Endnotes in Find/Change

Include Endnotes in Search options for finding and changing text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Insert (or delete) a character in "GREP Styles"

Be able to insert/delete a character in Paragraph Style Options> Grep Styles: e.g. whenever this occurs: "^Day \d+$", add this ":" or "(^Day \d+)$" > "$1:"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base