2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share for review deadline

Hi team,

Share for review is looking fantastic, however there is one feature we really need and that is to be able to set a review deadline, is this on the cards for any time soon?

It would be great if it worked something like this:
    – Select user or group to share with
    – Set their deadline to submit feedback
    – Automatic reminders if they haven't reviewed leading up to the deadline
    – Lock or revoke their access to view after the review deadline has passed

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-snap row height to baseline grid

Tables need an automated interaction of table row height with baseline grid (i.e. where row heights snap to baseline grid depending on cell contents, for instance). If this was a thing, it would solve all vertical space problems related to tables, because it would be enough to create a paragraph style with a leading matching that of the baseline grid to use and style the cells text with. Then you'd have real, modular, accurate yet automated control of tables' vertical deployment in the page space (not addressing overset cells, though).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Utilize paragraph shading for text messages with improved functionality

The new paragraph shading feature would be fantastic to use for laying out text message conversations in books/long from documents, but needs a few tweaks to make is fully functional. Text messages in books is becoming very common and having them run in the text while paging is crucial.

It used to be that you had to create shapes and anchor each in for a text message. Now you can use Paragraph Shading defined in the style for left side texts with no adjustments, but because right side text messages need to have the "bubble" shape aligned right, but the…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Change Pencil Size

In Share for Review, I have found that the pencil size is incredibly too large for pointing out small areas of text in a document with a lot of body text. An option to decrease the size of the pencil stroke would be great. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Font retirement notifications in app

Really need to start giving us more warning about fonts being retired from fonts.adobe.com. Only having those notifications live on the website is useless - it should be optionally flagged whenever you open a document that's going to be affected.

I mean, ideally, sign generous enough long term deals that they don't disappear off the platform and induce no end of headaches but at least warn us in context!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reveal in Bridge Automatically Installs Bridge

There's a few places in InDesign where you can accidentally hit the "Reveal in Bridge" and if you don't have this installed on your computer already - it will auto-install the app from the Creative Cloud.

I don't think it should do this - it should prompt you to if you want to install this to your computer rather than forcing the download.

I also would like an option to Disable the Reveal in Bridge - as I don't use it and it's so annoying when you have to go back and uninstall apps that you never wanted installed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save Preferences

For about 14/15 years I never had to reset preferences in InDesign.

Since CC2017 it's more or less once a week.
    Colors disappearing.. panels blind or empty.. tools not working.. font now showing.
    Panels self increasing size...

But it seems we have to deal with it, so we probably need a way to SAVE PREFERENCES.
    Save preferences in a moment everything work fine.. and restore it when (after just few days) nothing works anymore.

Every time people have to reset preferences, they have to restore everything. UI colors, workspace, Application Frame (that mac users normally never use) Old Dialog way…

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow individuals to print or save PDF from Share For Review link

Currently you are unable to accurately print a document shared for review directly from InDesign in the cloud service. There should be a toggle to enable the option to do so from the individual sharing the file. Many people like to physically markup documents in addition to their digital comments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PDF progress

Hi When exporting to PDF, would it be possible in the next available version to put a percentage figure in the top left of the toolbar (next the the pdf bars). This would save having to open the background panel to see the progress of the PDF creation. Thanks from an inpatient designer. H

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hide table rows and columns

I would like the ability to hide table rows and columns, like can be done in Excel.

Even better than hiding them would be the ability to apply conditional text to specific rows or columns. Right now, if I need to hide a row, I have to cut it and paste it onto the pasteboard, then when I need it, I have to go back into the table and try to reinsert it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to disable missing-font notification

Please add an option in the preferences that enables the user to ignore missing fonts when opening a document. It's possible to disable notification of missing images -- please do the same for fonts.

Reason: I often get documents from customers and don't have the fonts. Dismissing the dialogs that tell me that the document I'm opening contains missing fonts gets tedious. I easily dismiss the dialogs dozens and dozens of times.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share for Review - Updated Link intimation to reviewers

When you originally share for review and enter in the others with whom you want to share it, it allows you to send a note too. If updates are done, it doesn't notify anyone that the update is now on line and there's no box to send them a message that it has.

I would like it to send to everyone on the list a notice that the file has been updating and/or allow the message box to be there so I could at least manually notify them. The way it's set up now, I have to craft an additional…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Changing the Language of Placeholder Text

If you want to change the 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭 to a different language, you need to:
    1. Click 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐞
    2. Hold down the 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 (Mac) or 𝐂𝐓𝐑𝐋 (PC) key
    3. Then click 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭
    4. 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 appears

That's four steps.

A simpler way would be to add under 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐞 before 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭:
    𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 >
    Cyrillic
    Roman
    Greek
    Hebrew
    Arabic
    Japanese
    Korean
    Simplified Chinese
    Traditional Chinese

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GPU acceleration in Windows PC

Hi! Why does GPU acceleration in InDesign only work on MAC? I have an extremely powerful Windows PC with next-generation Nvidia Quadro video card, and you just forgot about Windows PC users. Can't do like Ilustrator? Can't use GPU processing intelligence in InDesign? I work with huge two- and one-column footnote files with lots of AI and PSD images. But the lack of GPU acceleration is frustrating. Thank you!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Different line lengths with paragraph shading

Paragraph shading is great but even if you choose to set it to text instead of column, the length of each line is the same for all lines of the paragraph (the longest one). It would be great to have the ability to set it according to the length of each line. For now, you have to use paragraph rules wit a hard return at the end of each line.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to make text invisible or 'replacing' it with '___' using the Character Style

I recently worked with a publication that needed to hide part of the text in different places. The full text also had to be shown next to it.
    It would be possible to arrange this by means of GREP-styles, if it were possible to use some kind of pseudo font with zero character width or something like.
    Also it would be useful having an opportunity visually replace any symbol with underline (such an idea is often using in a language textbooks) using character styles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Placeholder Text Feature

Seeing as InDesign has interactive PDFs in mind giving us the ability to create forms easily and then export them as a PDF to open in Acrobat, I feel like a feature to inset placeholder text to fields shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

To clarify, I was hoping to find an option under the Buttons and Forms toolbox that allows us to check off a box for placeholder text so when someone types in the field the original text there is overwritten with the new content. Like a "W" for width and an "L" for length in field boxes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Book synchronize feature does not synchronize color groups

Color groups are not synchronized via the book feature. I'm happy that the colors inside the group are not lost but placed "normal" on the first level of the color panel.

But to have all book files with the same order even at the color panel would be great. So please make synchronizing work correctly even at this tiny thing.

Thanks to Heike Burch for discovering this issue.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. specify which document contains errors

if you have to open more then one indd file, and some of this files have missing or modify links you get just this simple message. But you dont know which document contains missing links. and if i will open 10 files at once, a have go thru all this files to find out which file have missing links. I know i can use book and run preflight, but that is to much of work :)

Can you just add name of the file in to this message box? Like picture 03?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share for Review comments link to incorrect spreads on web viewer after reordering pages in InDesign

I am using the new Share for Review feature to get feedback on a 100+ page document I am working on. Previously I tested reordering pages on a small document, and all comments and pins stayed attached to the page they were originally placed on, even when its page number changed.

However, after adding some pages to this larger document, I'm running into a problem where the comments are pinned to the correct page inside Indesign, but the wrong one in the web viewer. On the web, it seems to ignore the added pages and goes by the original page…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base